Calik8

Good morning starts with____?

51 posts in this topic

Good morning!! How do you like to start your day?

what gets you ready to meet the day and have some fun?

( For me it’s Monster, Vitamins and a quick date with my shower head!)

Have to start with a shower, and mouth wash... I’d know it’s going to be a great day with company in there too...:)

COFFEE and a smile from my SO. We agreed 50 years ago not to talk other than saying good morning and I love you until after coffee.

4 minutes ago, pointymoustache said:

COFFEE and a smile from my SO. We agreed 50 years ago not to talk other than saying good morning and I love you until after coffee.

That's a good idea. My SO is not a morning person, I am. I've learned to keep my enthusiasm down till she has time to wake up.

6 hours ago, Calik8 said:

Good morning!! How do you like to start your day?

what gets you ready to meet the day and have some fun?

I just learned this can be quite enjoyable for men too :)

Walk dog, it's my 'me' time, then take  shower, my relax and idea generation time

2 cups of hot tea, a call to one of my kids or my mom, a shower, some music while getting ready, cook breakfast, eat breakfast, clean up, pop open a beer, open the door and and give my guy a sweet smile, big hug and kiss, and get it on. 💙💙💙

One or two cups of espresso first thing.  Then evaluate what's on the docket for the day, hopefully with a positive attitude.

With a little  more sleep.

Wake up, think about getting up and getting the day started.... roll over and go back to sleep.

2 hours ago, JDMurray said:

One or two cups of espresso first thing.  Then evaluate what's on the docket for the day, hopefully with a positive attitude.

This is how I start my day, except regular coffee.

10 hours ago, Calik8 said:

Thank you for that visual! :P

Up at 5:30, cup of coffee, banana, protein shake, drive to gym, 30 minutes of cardio, 60 minutes of weights, shower, and off to the office by 9:00.  Boring but invigorating.

Except Sunday: Coffee, jump out of airplanes.

Edited by BadBoy

1 hour ago, scarecrow said:

With a little  more sleep.

Wake up, think about getting up and getting the day started.... roll over and go back to sleep.

Some days are like that for me too!:wub:

Coffee a trip to the gym then to the bakery cook some bacon and eggs more coffee in the shower and clean up

Being happy that I woke up above the dirt, and not below it.

Checking my calendar

Then pretty much doing whatever strikes my fance.

Diet Coke and half of a PB&J sandwich.

arise about 6 am and pee,  wash up, brush teeth and get dressed.  take the dogs for a walk which usually we enjoy unless the wind is really strong,  then cook breakfast for the three of us  (I have 2 dogs).  then either off to work or off to the wood shop.    No coffee but tea. Great routine for the three of us. If things go awry it sometimes throws me off for a little while. 

Coffee with two TBS of whiped cream! My only vise in life before I start my day. Big walk, client, off to my office...Coffee is my go juice in the mornings with a handful of macadamia nuts! 🥰

Start the coffee machine, hit the shower, read the newspaper, fresh fruit and a couple cups of coffee, boot up the computer and check the financials. Then I am either cheerful and ready for the day or depressed and ready to go back to bed.

This retirement thing is not for everyone. It takes true strength and commitment every day. YMMV

I love waking up to a good french lesson - always - I mean always, points me in the direction of a great day to come:)

3 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

I love waking up to a good french lesson - always - I mean always, points me in the direction of a great day to come:)

And what's the secret to accomplishing that on a regular basis?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

After giving thanks for yet another, I'm on my bike with the dogs. We have a set run around the island which takes about an hour.  Coffee, then out on the dock for sun salutations.  Occasionally, I'll hear a knock at the door, but I never ever let the old bastard in.