K2dnvrfun

What to watch?

32 posts in this topic

Hello TOB peeps. I'm looking for something to watch on Netflix

Been hearing about Fyre and the Ted Bundy tapes, both seem intriguing. Or maybe something more light hearted? I enjoy stand up comics, so maybe some Gabriel Igesias....

I don't know, undecided, so what suggestions do the great folks here have.

I am a HUGE fan of Tom Segura’s standups on Netflix. He has three, Completely Normal, Mostly Stories, and Disgraceful, and each one of them is better than the last. He’s raunchy as hell and not very politically correct but my god is he funny! He also hosts a weekly podcast on YouTube with his wife, called Your Mom’s House that makes for a great way to kill an hour or two. :) 

5 minutes ago, CallieVane said:

I am a HUGE fan of Tom Segura’s standups on Netflix. He has three, Completely Normal, Mostly Stories, and Disgraceful, and each one of them is better than the last. He’s raunchy as hell and not very politically correct but my god is he funny! He also hosts a weekly podcast on YouTube with his wife, called Your Mom’s House that makes for a great way to kill an hour or two. :) 

Yeah, I like him too. I often listen to 103.1 on my dog walks and heard him there. Need to check out his Netflix specials

20 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Been hearing about Fyre and the Ted Bundy tapes, both seem intriguing. Or maybe something more light hearted? I enjoy stand up comics, so maybe some Gabriel Igesias....

My son and I just watched the Black Panther. It was great.

We saw that in the theaters. Great movie. 

5 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Ozark is such a awesome series. Normally I am not a Jason Bateman fan but this series is awesome. There are two seasons and so far and the third is coming out in a few weeks and I binge watched it . Also there is YOU it may not be you seen but don’t over look it because once it gets momentum it good. Suspense. Bird box you have to watch that movie if you haven’t I think it’s the best movie Sandra Bullock has done for a while.

6 hours ago, Calisurfgirl said:

Ozark is such a awesome series. Normally I am not a Jason Bateman fan but this series is awesome. There are two seasons and so far and the third is coming out in a few weeks and I binge watched it . Also there is YOU it may not be you seen but don’t over look it because once it gets momentum it good. Suspense. Bird box you have to watch that movie if you haven’t I think it’s the best movie Sandra Bullock has done for a while.

Thanks. I remember hearing about Ozark, I will check that one out, Bird box too. Haven't heard of YOU, will look that one up

14 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

My son and I just watched the Black Panther. It was great.

Didn't know you had a son. Love learning about you.

I quickly read the title of this topic as "Want to Watch" and I couldn't click fast enough!!:)

Still a great topic, and seeing some great suggestions.

9 minutes ago, JDMurray said:

I quickly read the title of this topic as "Want to Watch" and I couldn't click fast enough!!:)

Still a great topic, and seeing some great suggestions.

That's in another thread. This one is tame this time :)

6 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

That's in another thread. This one is tame this time :)

Damn, I better go and check out the old topics!!

Fyre was pretty good. Haven't gotten to Ted Bundy yet. The Kominsky Method is VERY funny.

1 hour ago, pointymoustache said:

Didn't know you had a son. Love learning about you.

Yep, he's the baby. Just turned 22. Lol. I try to find things to bond with him over.  He likes the Avengers so...so do I. 😉

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

41 minutes ago, Just Another Guy said:

Fyre was pretty good. Haven't gotten to Ted Bundy yet. The Kominsky Method is VERY funny.

Watched the first two episodes of Bundy, it's good. Haven't heard of Kominsky method.

2 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy.

I know there reruns..........

they were awesome shows!

Heard those are good. But to be honest I don't have the energy right now for long running series. I like one offs or short series, or long running series where you can just come and go when you want without being lost.

21 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Yep, he's the baby. Just turned 22. Lol. I try to find things to bond with him over.  He likes the Avengers so...so do I. 😉

No no no, you don't like the avengers because your son does, you like the Avengers cause they're awesome.

Get it right lady. 😁

Just now, K2dnvrfun said:

No no no, you don't like the avengers because your son does, you like the Avengers cause they're awesome.

Get it right lady. 😁

You are so right! Lmao. 🙃

15 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Heard those are good. But to be honest I don't have the energy right now for long running series. I like one offs or short series, or long running series where you can just come and go when you want without being lost.

Check out Black Mirror. There are a few seasons but with the exception of 1 episode none are related and it doesn’t matter which order you watch them in. I will day the first episode of season 1 is not like the rest of the season and can easily put you off but it’s still a great show. 

1 minute ago, JoDoe27 said:

Check out Black Mirror. There are a few seasons but with the exception of 1 episode none are related and it doesn’t matter which order you watch them in. I will day the first episode of season 1 is not like the rest of the season and can easily put you off but it’s still a great show. 

I started that one. You're right the first episode almost made me quit watching, it was a bit disturbing. Luckily the person who told me about the show warned me ahead of time, so I watched another one or two then just got distracted, ...but may check it out again. 

14 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

I started that one. You're right the first episode almost made me quit watching, it was a bit disturbing. Luckily the person who told me about the show warned me ahead of time, so I watched another one or two then just got distracted, ...but may check it out again. 

I really liked the first one though it’s not for everyone. Atlanta is a great show as well especially season 2. 

13 hours ago, Calisurfgirl said:

Ozark is such a awesome series. 

This!!!!  

2 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

This!!!!  

I hope that’s a good thing with the associated exclamation points. 😳

On 1/30/2019 at 7:59 PM, Calisurfgirl said:

I hope that’s a good thing with the associated exclamation points. 😳

Oh yeah!  I love the Ozark series.  Hope there’s a third season coming!

Damn the show I'm enjoying isn't on Netflix.  "Wellington Paranormal" is basically COPS crossed with the X-Files.  Imagine the normal camera following a few police officers as they do their rounds like your normal episode of COPS, only they're going up to arrest a werewolf... Well if anyone is interested they can get it off a torrent or ask for it!

That sounds interesting