Traveller17

Big Game watching

44 posts in this topic

Friend: Who do you like in the Super Bowl?

Me: it's this Sunday, right?

Friend: Forget it 

8 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I’m in it for the commercials

That would be my one excuse for watching, but I don’t even want to do that because the NFL & NFLPA profit from the advertising revenue.

I’ll watch the good ones during next year’s pre-game hoopla.

And here i thought you guys were going out into nature and doing some elk, deer or may be some bear watching.

Have fun watching "the big game"

4 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

I enjoyed the game.

I loved maroon5 half time show!

I found the game absolutely lame. I did not care which team won, I just wanted a good game and did not get it. After the "season of non-stop scoring" they delivered the "Superbowl of non-stop boring." It really was not even especially good defense. Both teams were super conservative, just waiting for the other team to lose on a call or mistake. The Rams, coach and all, were like deer in headlights...clearly too big a stage. Both teams owed much of their entry into the big game to incompetent or corrupt ( your choice) officiating and it clearly looked like the best two teams were absent. Those who chose not to watch it made a great choice and I am sure the NFL was horrified with the game. Not to say they were horrified by who won, but I think the LAST thing the NFL wanted was the lowest scoring punting contest in SB history.

31 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

I found the game absolutely lame. I did not care which team won, I just wanted a good game and did not get it. After the "season of non-stop scoring" they delivered the "Superbowl of non-stop boring." It really was not even especially good defense. Both teams were super conservative, just waiting for the other team to lose on a call or mistake. The Rams, coach and all, were like deer in headlights...clearly too big a stage. Both teams owed much of their entry into the big game to incompetent or corrupt ( your choice) officiating and it clearly looked like the best two teams were absent. Those who chose not to watch it made a great choice and I am sure the NFL was horrified with the game. Not to say they were horrified by who won, but I think the LAST thing the NFL wanted was the lowest scoring punting contest in SB history.

Even the commercials were not all that good. The funniest part was listening to the announcer's try to make it sound exciting. 

8 minutes ago, Shutterbug said:

Even the commercials were not all that good. The funniest part was listening to the announcer's try to make it sound exciting. 

I noticed that too. None of the usual catchy cool commercials, they kinda matched the game. When Romo was sarcastically talking about that 65 yard punt as the highlight of the game, you could tell he was about to really start making fun of how bad it was. They quickly went to commercial and I am sure told him to chill out.

Who won?  Does it matter?

I do know the answer having watched the news (gotta get my weather), but there’s been almost as much controversy about the half-time show NOT being a political statement.

36 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Bit, in my opinion, you did not miss anything 

Agree, the game, and the halftime show was not very exciting.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:46 PM, BadBoy said:

To the contrary, in my humble opinion, I think the game has gotten better.  I do admit to seeing too many yellow flags, but I love to watch how well some of these teams play together.  When I am fortunate enough to see a great play in slo-mo I am amazed at the athleticism and coordination of a modern offense or defense. A perfect example is the Saints............

I'm still going to watch the game, probably will be pretty good.

I agree BadBoy! I do love good football. And I went to a fun party where none of us cared all that much about either team. I drank champagne, and didn't get home until midnight! The party was more fun than the game, obviously...LOL
Did someone say the halftime show sucked?? I think most women would disagree. A shirtless Adam Levine? Doesn't get much better :D Amazes me how he could get away with that, and a few years back, everyone had a cow when Janet 'accidentally' flashed a nip. What a world we live in...:lol:

7 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Who won?  Does it matter?

I do know the answer having watched the news (gotta get my weather), but there’s been almost as much controversy about the half-time show NOT being a political statement.

With 7 minutes left, the Patriots strung together an unprecedented 4 first down in one drive. This broke a 3-3 tie giving tem an insurmountable lead. They added a FG at the 2 minute mark to complete the blow out, 13-3

2 hours ago, Admiral C said:

With 7 minutes left, the Patriots strung together an unprecedented 4 first down in one drive. This broke a 3-3 tie giving tem an insurmountable lead. They added a FG at the 2 minute mark to complete the blow out, 13-3

I don’t think I would call it a blowout. I do think a lot of luck was involved.

BUT, the experience factor was on the Patriots side. The ball did seem to bounce their way. The average starting position on each possession was better than the Rams.

That being said, I was rooting for the Rams, but apparently the better team won.

Damn it hurts to say that 😂😂