Mustang87

Well, It finally happened

46 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Bravo1 said:

Things happen, just sucks that you wasted 3 hours of your day for nothing.  A 90 minute drive would be a little too much for me to see a provider unless I had other business to take care of in that same area.  

Shoot a 90 min drive just across Denver wouldn't be uncommon. 

I know it must have looked like a 'sure thing' all the way up to the knock on the door, but with that kind of distance involved, snow or not, think a plan B is almost mandatory. Even a plan C and D. Think we can all relate, as it happens more than we'd like. 

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

Shoot a 90 min drive just across Denver wouldn't be uncommon. 

You must drive very cautiously Fish

1 hour ago, Bravo1 said:

Try Saudi Aurora to Golden between 15:00 & 19:00 hrs.

59 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Try Saudi Aurora to Golden between 15:00 & 19:00 hrs.

That's not "across Denver" though.  

2 hours ago, Bravo1 said:
4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Shoot an eight hour drive just across Denver wouldn't be uncommon. 

Fish has a preferred but time consuming route with intermediate stops along the way that he strictly adheres to...

42C0A802-1C25-4BB9-99BB-ABDE7C647BE8.png

when getting from one side of Denver to the other...

On 1/28/2019 at 3:46 PM, Kaduk said:

Fish has a preferred but time consuming route with intermediate stops along the way that he strictly adheres to...

42C0A802-1C25-4BB9-99BB-ABDE7C647BE8.png

when getting from one side of Denver to the other...

Don't skip Willies if Cassidy is dancing. 

20 hours ago, M477 said:

Don't skip Willies if Cassidy is dancing. 

I didn't know that Cassidy has a willie....

On 1/24/2019 at 1:17 PM, Mustang87 said:

I live in the Springs and make the drive up to Denver every so often just to hobby.  Today was one of those days.  Because it is such a drive, I go to great lengths to assure that I don't go all the way up there just to be stood up. I only make the drive to see very well established and reviewed ladies, and usually these days just ladies I've seen before.  Saw an add yesterday that a lady was available in DTC that I'd seen before and really wanted to see again.  Texted and made plans to meet there this am.  Didn't realize it was supposed to snow.  Confirmed this am got on the road with plenty of time to make it, taking in to consideration the weather.  Got a text from her on the way to make sure I was still coming.  Pulled in the parking right at the time of the appointment and received a text with the room number. Texted that I was on may way up.  Hurried up the the room and knocked quietly, nothing.  I knocked a little harder, nothing.  I texted that I had arrived, nothing.  Called, nothing. Nothing like standing there in the hallway, right across from the elevator, with a phone in one hand and a stack of bills in the other.  It was a nice hotel so I went down stairs and sat in the lobby for a minute.  Got a text about 15 minutes after the appointment time with an apology, explanation and offer to make it up to me another time.  I've been stood up before, but not for a long time.  Also never been stood up after making a 3-hour round trip drive in the snow.  But usually when I've been stood up I never get past the parking lot.  To actually make it all the way to the door is a first for me. 

We've all seen plenty of threads on here from people whining about being stood up, and I guess I've just written one.  I know it happens to all of us sooner of later. Not looking for sympathy, just wanted to vent.  Thanks,

I'm so sorry that sucks!! I always try to give my clients at least a 2 hour notice if I have to cancel, as I would expect the same from them. :(

You guys are too kind. This don't pass the sniff test to me.

OP says gal texted him on his drive over to see if he was still coming. So, at that point, all signals were "go".

Then, when he arrives at incall, she texts him the room number. He then goes right up, which must have taken all of a few minutes, taps on her door then....nothing.

Here's the scoop. OP got bumped out for a PC (preferred client). In that interval between her texting her room number and the time it took for him to get to the room, someone else contacted her. Maybe this other guy was a long-time regular. Maybe he booked a longer bit of time. Maybe he just brought the right refreshments. In any case, OP got screwed and not in the preferred way. Happens all the time in this business.

On 2/6/2019 at 0:44 PM, Gomerpeel said:

You guys are too kind. This don't pass the sniff test to me.

OP says gal texted him on his drive over to see if he was still coming. So, at that point, all signals were "go".

Then, when he arrives at incall, she texts him the room number. He then goes right up, which must have taken all of a few minutes, taps on her door then....nothing.

Here's the scoop. OP got bumped out for a PC (preferred client). In that interval between her texting her room number and the time it took for him to get to the room, someone else contacted her. Maybe this other guy was a long-time regular. Maybe he booked a longer bit of time. Maybe he just brought the right refreshments. In any case, OP got screwed and not in the preferred way. Happens all the time in this business.

I'll admit this possibility did cross my mind.  This would mean she was in the room with someone else while I was at the door.  No way of knowing.  She did text me the room number just a couple of minutes before.  She told that a few minutes before I arrived that she got a call about a problem that she had to deal with and ran out, in too much of a hurry to text me at the moment.  She also told me that she had the text with her room number entered in an outgoing text about 20 minutes earlier and that it was either programmed to send at a certain time, or she sent it by mistake.  I forget which.  But I did get that text right at the exact minute of the scheduled appt. Also, over the course of the next 15-20 minutes, while she would have been in the company of someone else if I chose to believe that, she did send me a number of long texts to explain what happend, apoligize, and ask for a chance to make it up to me.  I doubt she would have send those while in the company of someone else.  It also seems unlikely that in the maybe 3 minutes between getting the text with the room number and me knocking on her door, she made plans with someone else.  I guess I will never know for sure, but I have chosen to believe her, and if the opportunity presents itself, see her again. 

That would take the wind out of my sail for a while. Whether its a first date or a repeat there is a certain level of adrenaline flowing. Especially on arrival. 

Im just so glad its not everyone on TOB’s  fault . I dont think i could do that again . 

Good for her, for  acknowledging a flub up and willing to make it right. 

And good for you for being understanding and  empathetic towards her troubles 

I think I’m gonna cry 

+1 for both of you

Sorry Mustang! That is a hell of a drive in the snow too! I would be pissed off also! 

Just to put a bow on this, I was able to link up with the young lady in question this week and had a fantastic time.  She didn't mention the discount she had offered previously and I didn't ask about it, but I had such a great time that I didn't matter at all.  I consider any extra I paid to be a well-deserved tip.  It is experiences like that one that reaffirm my faith in this hobby and the great people in it. :D