Mustang87

Well, It finally happened

46 posts in this topic

I live in the Springs and make the drive up to Denver every so often just to hobby.  Today was one of those days.  Because it is such a drive, I go to great lengths to assure that I don't go all the way up there just to be stood up. I only make the drive to see very well established and reviewed ladies, and usually these days just ladies I've seen before.  Saw an add yesterday that a lady was available in DTC that I'd seen before and really wanted to see again.  Texted and made plans to meet there this am.  Didn't realize it was supposed to snow.  Confirmed this am got on the road with plenty of time to make it, taking in to consideration the weather.  Got a text from her on the way to make sure I was still coming.  Pulled in the parking right at the time of the appointment and received a text with the room number. Texted that I was on may way up.  Hurried up the the room and knocked quietly, nothing.  I knocked a little harder, nothing.  I texted that I had arrived, nothing.  Called, nothing. Nothing like standing there in the hallway, right across from the elevator, with a phone in one hand and a stack of bills in the other.  It was a nice hotel so I went down stairs and sat in the lobby for a minute.  Got a text about 15 minutes after the appointment time with an apology, explanation and offer to make it up to me another time.  I've been stood up before, but not for a long time.  Also never been stood up after making a 3-hour round trip drive in the snow.  But usually when I've been stood up I never get past the parking lot.  To actually make it all the way to the door is a first for me. 

We've all seen plenty of threads on here from people whining about being stood up, and I guess I've just written one.  I know it happens to all of us sooner of later. Not looking for sympathy, just wanted to vent.  Thanks,

2 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

Was the explanation reasonable?

Yes it was.  I believe something bad happened in her world this morning, and she probably had a worse morning then me.  Just my bad luck that it must have happened in the moments right before I arrived.

Then chalk this up to bad things happen and wish her well with her troubles

Just now, airamericavet65 said:

Then chalk this up to bad things happen and wish her well with her troubles

That's what I've done.  Just helps to vent once in a while.

2 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

That's what I've done.  Just helps to vent once in a while.

Well were you able to make Lemonade....

2 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

Well were you able to make Lemonade....

I was not.  I just drove home behind a snow plow most of the way at 30 MPH. :(

Well, if there is ever a reason to vent, this would be one. Sorry Mustang. My hope is that her offer to make it up to you is substantial, and that your make up session is even more incredible than todays encounter would have been. Sending good vibes to you, and to the provider who also had a rough morning. Hugs

At least you had contact with her and received an explanation.

So many of these kind of threads end up with zero contact or explanation.

You have closure at a minimum.

Driving all that way personally would have had a back up plan. 

1 hour ago, geecue2 said:

Driving all that way personally would have had a back up plan. 

Mustang 87, I feel for you, totally.  But to close another thread into this one, this is a perfect illustration of why a P411 account with a bunch of OKs is so handy:  I know from personal experience (on several such occasions recently) that by speed-cross-referencing TOB posts with P411 profiles, you can almost always count on being able to line up a date on 30-40 minutes notice if you are already near the DTC.  Most gals aren't available, so I use the shotgun approach until I get someone who would be just simply thrilled to see me right away.

YMMV  :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Mustang 87, I feel for you, totally.  But to close another thread into this one, this is a perfect illustration of why a P411 account with a bunch of OKs is so handy:  I know from personal experience (on several such occasions recently) that by speed-cross-referencing TOB posts with P411 profiles, you can almost always count on being able to line up a date on 30-40 minutes notice if you are already near the DTC.  Most gals aren't available, so I use the shotgun approach until I get someone who would be just simply thrilled to see me right away.

I did I did consider trying to rebook with somebody else, and it looked like there may have been a couple options available however the drive-up really sucked, and it looked like the drive back would be more of the same. I was already well behind schedule and I do have to work once in awhile. On the Brightside this does give me an excuse to make the drive up again next week.😁

I’m sorry things went the way they did for you today. It was definitely her loss and I hope she’s okay and you can reschedule soon. 

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Well, it hasn't worked for us yet. 😂😂😂

I'm glad some wonderful lady has come through for you though.  

I think I'm starting to feel like a runner up.  😉😁

3 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Pishtosh, no way your a runner up. Your first place for sure

Sorry this happened, for both of you.  Glad there was good communication, and based on your understanding attitude, who know what fun things may happen in the future, for both of you.  Life happens to all of us and things don't always go according to plan.  The disappointment is real, the inconvenience is real, but with good communication, it can take a bit of the sting off something like this.

That’s a bummer, to get that close and then silence.  Hope it helped for you to vent and as you said, maybe she had a worse morning than you, and yours really sucked!  Hope you get that itch scratched soon, and when you do, I bet it will be better, in part because of this experience. 

Hobby On

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

NEVER.

I feel ya Mustang....I've had the same kind of luck lately, from different providers.  Scrambling for a last minute visit is a pain when Plan A cancels last second.  

16 minutes ago, Chickenhawk said:

I feel ya Mustang....I've had the same kind of luck lately, from different providers.  Scrambling for a last minute visit is a pain when Plan A cancels last second.  

Yeah I get it, but I'm not really a plan B type of guy anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I used to be.  These day I tend to spent time deciding who I want to book with, book it ahead of time and follow up morning of.  When that ultimately falls through, like it did yesterday, I will more often then not, just tuck my tail and head home and try to do better the next time.  I've found in the past when I've tried to find a replacement (or booking in general) on the fly that I often end up wishing that I hadn't.

Yeah, I'm not a plan B kind of guy either. All I meant was that it is hard to find someone last minute when plans fall through.  

21 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Well, it hasn't worked for us yet. 😂😂😂

I'm glad some wonderful lady has come through for you though.  

No way gorgeous, you are always the first text, it's not my fault you are always so damned busy with all that life shit. :rolleyes:

On 1/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, Laci French said:

I’m sorry things went the way they did for you today. It was definitely her loss and I hope she’s okay and you can reschedule soon. 

I think " her loss" is an understatement. I was wearing a new shirt, had just shined my shoes, and had gotten a haircut. I was looking quite dashing if I might say so myself.  she really missed out.😁

6 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I think " her loss" is an understatement. I was wearing a new shirt, had just shined my shoes, and had gotten a haircut. I was looking quite dashing if I might say so myself.  she really missed out.😁

And I did confirm that she is fine.

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience but it is good that the lady you were trying to see is okay and that you are too....Maybe try again another day when the trip is more comfortable and she is too with her situation....Just a thought....

23 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Well, shoot. Now it's all our loss that you didn't have a plan B, and make lemonade. I for one, am highly disappointed I didn't get to meet such a handsome dashing gentleman like yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only lady that feels that way either. 💙

Things happen, just sucks that you wasted 3 hours of your day for nothing.  A 90 minute drive would be a little too much for me to see a provider unless I had other business to take care of in that same area.  

20 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Well, shoot. Now it's all our loss that you didn't have a plan B, and make lemonade. I for one, am highly disappointed I didn't get to meet such a handsome dashing gentleman like yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only lady that feels that way either. 💙

I think you forgot to turn on your sarcasm font.