Rograbbit69

Deposits

24 posts in this topic

I’m new to TOB and still learning how this works. Do providers usually ask for deposits upfront? I really want to meet this person  but she’s asking for a deposit before we ever meet. 

Is she a reputable provider?  Have a long and good standing in the industry?  

2 hours ago, Rograbbit69 said:

I’m new to TOB and still learning how this works. Do providers usually ask for deposits upfront? I really want to meet this person  but she’s asking for a deposit before we ever meet. 

I've never ever been asked for a deposit, even when I asked dumb questions like you just did. Step back, read the forum and move forward from there. I have however paid a, and only one cancellation fee, and still saw her a month later. Slow down cowboy, like Laci states, is she reputable? If not, plenty of other opportunities. Do your due diligence...RESEARCH!

Unless she is a well known, reputable lady, I wouldnt agree to Pay upfront Anything. Deposits are usually only needed when Traveling a distance on her end occurs.

As everyone before me has said, slow down and be careful.

Laci always has excellent advice.

Most reputable, established ladies will not ask for a deposit upfront.

Does she have reviews? If so, what site are the reviews on.

Do not let your little head make decisions for you. I say NO!!  So many fine, quality, reputable, established ladies on TOB to choose from. Just plain "good people" ladies who will give you a truly memorable experience. I am telling you;  trust this community!  You will never be  steered  wrong. And, dude, keep looking. OMG!! Soooo many ladies with a fine ass as well!!

Yep what Laci, Chrissy, Fish and older guy say,  don’t do it, think with the other head and move on or you will be sorry sitting at the so called incalllocation and the provider goes silent with your money.  

31 minutes ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Do not let your little head make decisions for you. I say NO!!  

This.  For more detailed explanation of why:

Only a handful of reasons for a lady to ask for a deposit.  One popular reason (on shady sites especially - in these parts that means any other than here, eccie or p411) is that it is a scam and you will never see her or your deposit again.  Another reason is she may not be able to rent the incall without $ up front.  Red flag and probably do not want to see her anyway cause if her shit is that far from together the service usually is too.  A legitimate reason is if you are new and she is afraid you are not going to show for any of a number of reasons.  Say for instance if you live an hour drive away and are asking she drive to you for a two hour appointment, that shoots half a day plus gas money in the ass when she could have stayed in town and scheduled someone else.  BUT if you are like the vast majority here and live in the Denver metro area, and pick a lady from the reviews/listings here with a lot of reviews and pick one that says she is newbie friendly and are just looking for a garden variety half hour or hour appointment I seriously doubt you will be asked for a deposit.  Just a good screening.  Oh, and mosey over to the 411 forum and search to see if the ass of your dreams is the subject of an inquiry (search for profile and reviews too) and if nothing shows up post a thread yourself. There are lots of guys here who have been around the block and will be more than happy to warn of obvious red flags in response to a 411 thread post.

Good luck, and welcome!

I get ghosted enough that I would be very hesitant to put down a deposit.  I think if providers were to talk to one another or check whatever secret database they have, I should come back with positive feedback.  Like I said, being ghosted enough in the past would make me unwilling to pay a deposit but when I make an appointment, I keep it.  

In 12 years hobbying I have never paid a deposit, and won’t. 

Edited by Elhombre41
Mispelled

Unless it's a well established provider with reviews by established clients, why would you need a deposit. We have such fantastic providers rite here it doesn't seem worth the risk. If ya want to gamble, go buy a power ball ticker or better yet, give it to me. I easy.:P And a little smutty too.:rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, Elhombre41 said:

In 12 years hobbying I have never paid a deposit, and won’t. 

Agreed! Between the late 70s, and now, I've never paid a deposit. I doubt I ever will. Unless you choose some high end traveling girl, or require outcall, I don't think anyone needs to. :)

44 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Agreed! Between the late 70s, and now, I've never paid a deposit. I doubt I ever will. Unless you choose some high end traveling girl, or require outcall, I don't think anyone needs to. :)

I haven't been doing this for very long, but this is the only reason I would pay a "deposit". And it would have to be for an outcall of considerable (an hour or so, at least)  traveling distance.

Been in the game since the early 60 never paid until I was in the door. A couple of times regretted being in the door after paying.

I always wonder how ladies expect to collect a deposit.  Face to face, mail her a check, credit card over the phone?  All things I personally would not do.

I think some ladies are asking for deposits due to last minute cancellations, nc/ns, game players and the like. 

I can see it on both sides and it sucks. If a lady asks for a deposit do your research and make sure she has a solid reputation and well reviewed.  

Do y’all think some of this might be a part of screening?  Thought process might be LE wouldn’t drop a deposit.  

42 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Do y’all think some of this might be a part of screening?  Thought process might be LE wouldn’t drop a deposit.  

I don't know if LE would go to that much trouble, but I think that if they really wanted to make a bust, a deposit would not be out of the question.  I think there is enough low-hanging fruit to catch to not make that much effort worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Perhaps by those that believe: cops have to tell you they are cop if you ask, cops can't lie, cops can't drop trow, cops can't have sex before busting you, and a dozen other totally wrong myths. Let me see would le like a record of payment of money tied to the lady directly and by most ways to pay identifying her real name? Nahhhhh they cant/won't  do that!! 😎 hahahahaha

1 hour ago, Mustang87 said:

I always wonder how ladies expect to collect a deposit.  Face to face, mail her a check, credit card over the phone?  All things I personally would not do.

Many ways - google wallet, pay pal, prepaid card and provide card number (almost certain scam!), and many others.  Not that i recommend doing so!!

I have both mailed checks and met in person to transfer cash as a deposit for special events & traveling companions.  The providers, however, are not just ‘well known’, but personally known.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I have both mailed checks and met in person to transfer cash as a deposit for special events & traveling companions.  The providers, however, are not just ‘well known’, but personally known.

This is the only way I would do a deposit

only times i see this justifiably is for those that may be traveling to a city or on a travel companion type trip...

5 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

I would say extended times too, say anything more than 2 hours.  If a provider gets flaked out on for a multi-hour appointment, they can't make that up because that time was allotted to that individual.  That could be a $1200 or more loss.

true - good call - i can see that too - including overnights...

On 1/21/2019 at 5:30 PM, Rograbbit69 said:

I require a deposit from gentleman that have no references and for outcall meetings.