MeganMarie4u

Phoenix and Scottsdale

9 posts in this topic

Planning my first AZ adventure.... give me ideas on places to eat.... things to do... 😘

Xoxo

Elvira’s in Apache Junction is a fabulous Mexican joint.

Check our Gold Camp & Tortilla Flats.

The art museum & The Heard Collection are great.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Planning my first AZ adventure.... give me ideas on places to eat.... things to do... 😘

Xoxo

Have a ton of fun and stay safe.

How exciting. I can't wait to hear all about. Have fun beautiful.

For good Italian fare, any one of the Oreganos is the place to go. Some of the best beer there is made by Four Peaks Brewing, especially Kilt Lifter.  Tarbells is a medium to high priced restaurant, but worth every dime.  First Watch is great for breakfast.

I was just there last week & planning my next trip back now...
Fantastic tapas bar w/ Flamenco guitars and dancers on Fri/Sat. night. Tapas Papa Frita. 
You can use the pools at most resorts if they are not busy, just buy a drink or some food. I liked The Adeline, Valley Ho (no pun intended LOL), and The Saguaro.
Old town is full of fun places to go. Check out Grapevine for karaoke every night I think. Packed!
A couple laid back bars that have a fun crowd: Old Town Tavern - live music some nights, cozy sports bar. Pattie's (haven't been there, but friends recommend)
Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers for great burgers and fun scene.
The W hotel bar for a cool vibe/upscale scene. 
Sip Coffee & Beer House - good bfast food, chill patio, great coffee, and beer!
The Henry - great happy hour, coffee, pastries, and all kind of interesting food and people watching.
Boondocks - busy bar, Kitchen 56  good food
Walks along the canal near Fashion Square - huge mall if that's your thing. Ck out Kona's in mall for great happy hour. 
Yep, I did a lot while I was there. That's what I can remember and recommend...

There are sooo many fun places there girl! Hope you're enjoying yourself...sorry I just saw this.

9 hours ago, milehijas said:

I was just there last week & planning my next trip back now...
Fantastic tapas bar w/ Flamenco guitars and dancers on Fri/Sat. night. Tapas Papa Frita. 
You can use the pools at most resorts if they are not busy, just buy a drink or some food. I liked The Adeline, Valley Ho (no pun intended LOL), and The Saguaro.
Old town is full of fun places to go. Check out Grapevine for karaoke every night I think. Packed!
A couple laid back bars that have a fun crowd: Old Town Tavern - live music some nights, cozy sports bar. Pattie's (haven't been there, but friends recommend)
Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers for great burgers and fun scene.
The W hotel bar for a cool vibe/upscale scene. 
Sip Coffee & Beer House - good bfast food, chill patio, great coffee, and beer!
The Henry - great happy hour, coffee, pastries, and all kind of interesting food and people watching.
Boondocks - busy bar, Kitchen 56  good food
Walks along the canal near Fashion Square - huge mall if that's your thing. Ck out Kona's in mall for great happy hour. 
Yep, I did a lot while I was there. That's what I can remember and recommend...

There are sooo many fun places there girl! Hope you're enjoying yourself...sorry I just saw this.

You are definitely becomeing an expert on places to go and things to do in AZ! Thanks for sharing all this info. So many ladies are traveling now. I would love to see the different regions on TOB get more of a following going. 😘

35 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

You are definitely becomeing an expert on places to go and things to do in AZ! Thanks for sharing all this info. So many ladies are traveling now. I would love to see the different regions on TOB get more of a following going. 😘

I'd been there many times before, years ago in my other life Hunter, but it had been so long and I just remembered how much I love Scottsdale. Lucky for me I have friends there & one in particular who was all about trying the hot spots to find best recommendations for her future Airbnb guests. Didn't hurt that I was there over the Barret Jackson Auto Auction week along w/ other auto auctions going on. Being a gear-head and lover of palm trees, it was like I'd died and gone to heaven! LOL. Now that I've got the hang of the place, I'm planning my next warm weather getaway end of Feb. Happy to share, and ask me anytime if you head that way!