Laci French

What’s your favorite

42 posts in this topic

I love quotes and I surround myself with my favorites...what are your favorites and why?

Eat drink and be merry

17 hours ago, Laci French said:

I love quotes and I surround myself with my favorites...what are your favorites and why?

When you come to a fork in the road take it

Eli Wallach, "If your gonna shoot, shoot. Don't stand around and talk about it."

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Edited by mtnman
credit line

star trek 2 the wrath of khan  " from hells heart I stap at they for hate sake I spit my last breath at they" 

Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.

For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.

What, me worry? - Alfred E. Newman

What we've got here is failure to communicate - Captain

Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you have never been hurt before...... 

" Just DO IT"  has always worked for me :)

For general life living:

1) "we think therefore, our problems are mostly of our own making." B. Wilson

2) "Forget your perfect offering, there's a crack in everything; that's how the light gets in." L. Cohen

Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven" you kill a man you take away everything he has and everything he ever will have " very profound

Anyone who thinks sunshine is pure happiness, has never danced in the rain.

"The most beautiful things in life are just not things. They’re people and places, memories and pictures. They’re feeling and moments and smiles and laughter"

Because these are the things that make me smile from the inside out

If you think you can devise a foolproof system, you underestimate the creativity of folks.

When asked what surprised him about humanity the most, the Dalai Lama replied:

“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you were to live forever."  Mahatma Ghandi

Oh, I initially thought this was your favorite quote in the movies.  My favorite quote of all time is posted on my bathroom mirror, so that I see it every morning:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a tidy and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "Wow, what a ride!"

“Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.”

3 hours ago, Shutterbug said:

When asked what surprised him about humanity the most, the Dalai Lama replied:

“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

This X 100

I cannot do all the good that the World needs, but the World needs all the good that I can do!

While giving a deposition in a product liability case, I got so tired of the plaintiffs lawyer asking the same question over and over trying to get me to admit that we were at fault and his client was innocent, I looked at him and said 

“you can’t guard against stupid”.

Everyone sat in stunned silence for a minute and then he said, “we are done here”.

Not the smartest thing to say, but when someone intentionally uses tools to removes barrier guarding and intentionally reaches into moving machinery, that is stupid.

BTW, he filed a motion and had my company dismissed from the case within a week.

The first one that came to my mind was from a recent movie..

"Good thoughts, Good Words, Good deeds,.. just like you taught me papa" - Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody.