jonkassan

Newbie question about hotels

31 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Newbie here so forgive me is this is a dumb question. 

I don't want to look suspicious walking into a hotel and getting stuck trying to find my way around to a room or getting stuck at the elevator that needs room key.  I don't want to draw more attention to myself and have staff ask me questions. I see a lot of DTC locations so i'm not trying to set off red flags in a hotel that see this frequently. 

Are there steps that you all do?

Again, forgive me for being green behind the ears. I'm never really stayed at hotels much.

Well jonk, I by no means consider myself a pro on the subject but will throw my 2 cents in....Always look like you know exactly where you are going....you turn right and oops no elevator keep going and find the stairs....need to go to the 11th floor, take the stairs to the 2nd floor and find the elevator there to finish your journey...I prefer to exit in the same manner by avoiding front desk if possible...if they have to see me enter I prefer them not see me exit exactly 1 hr later.  If I see a nice side door to the building I park there so I can come out that door when leaving.

But that's just me, good luck mate!

If a key is required for elevator access the provider will obviously know this and arrange to meet you on the main floor or in the parking garage. Most providers avoid hotels that are set up this way. 

There shouldn't be a problem with them meeting you at the lobby. 

Haven't you ever been to a hotel that you weren't staying in? ...like for a conference? to meet a buddy for a drink? to pick up relatives to head out to dinner? 

Act....well.....LIKE THAT.

But hopefully, you've chosen a professional companion...who will walk you through the dynamics of the layout of the lobby and directions Beforehand..and not just leave it up to you with a basic "this is my room number" exchange. 

If you have never been to a certain hotel, ask your lady for directions to elevators before you enter. If you are worried someone might ask you questions, act like you are talking to someone on your phone, make sure to shut your phone off.   Personally I am more worried when I leave and walk out like this. Might look a little obvious, lol.

Some google street maps actually walk you into the lobby - try that to get a feel for the place - act like you belong there as mtnrider said staff doesn’t know and doesn’t care if you are a hobbyist.  Some large hotels have side and convention entrances try those as an alternate way to go in without going by front desk.

Awesome!!!! I like the phone idea and i will definitely make sure I follow instructions. And the MJ walk out move is something i'm definitely going to do.

This is such a resourceful forum!

I have worked most of my adult life in the hospitality business, from being a dishwasher to a general manager... and I can tell you from experience, very few people care.

People lost in the lobby happens everyday. People come to meet clients or to pick up co-workers, people come to meet family members who are in town for a visit, or a college buddy who is coming through town. Doctors do make house calls to hotels, and sell well as other professions. People wondering around like they are lost is common, happens everyday.

If you are young and it is prom night or homecoming, you might be under the watchful eye of the staff because they don't have a party in the hotel room. If you are selling drugs and a parade of people are knocking on your door every five minutes, it would send off red flags, but a few people visiting a person in a hotel they have never been to is part of working in a hotel and people think nothing of it.

I have been involved in drug busts at the hotels. The police park in the back of the hotel. The hotel doesn't want police cars setting in front of the hotel as it makes the hotel look unsafe. The first thing a guest is going to say when they come in is "whats going on?". The hotel doesn't want the police cars parked out front and the police don't want to scare away those they hope to catch so they park in the back.

If you are worried about it, pick up a pizza on the way to the hotel and when you get there, carry the pizza in, walk up to the front desk and say, "where are the elevators?" Pick up a bottle of win with a bow on it, yes you are there to meet someone, it happens everyday. Dress professional, conduct yourself in a respectful matter and act like you should be there. Keep your eyes open, your spidey senses on alert but relax because really, as long as you are not a disturbance to other guest or damaging the property/brand, very few people care what you are up to.

If you are bringing chocolates or flowers or some such, just put it in a Fed-Ex large envelope. Nothing fits in better on a hotel than a guy with a Fed Ex envelope. I concur with the nod to the clerk, turn right and watch  for the elevator, or the stairs. I prefer stairs.

If the lady is professional and considerate of clients she will either tell you where to go after front entrance/desk or be absolutely willing to tell you if you but ask.  I ask if she does not specify when giving room number.  Then act like I own the place when going in. ;)

Walk in like you belong there.  A quick glance will tell you where the elevators are as well as location of rooms if you need a ground floor room.

12 hours ago, jonkassan said:

Hello all!

I don't want to look suspicious walking into a hotel and getting stuck trying to find my way around to a room or getting stuck at the elevator that needs room key.  I don't want to draw more attention to myself and have staff ask me questions. I see a lot of DTC locations so i'm not trying to set off red flags in a hotel that see this frequently. 

Again, forgive me for being green behind the ears. I'm never really stayed at hotels much.

Just knock on each door asking for the lady by her working name.😉

When you arrive at the hotel ask how to get to the room from the lobby doors. Don’t act out of place or keep your head down. Be relaxed and have fun!

6 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Just knock on each door asking for the lady by her working name.😉

When you arrive at the hotel ask how to get to the room from the lobby doors. Don’t act out of place or keep your head down. Be relaxed and have fun!

Oh god.... one time a gent knocked on the door across the hall.... a white haired gentleman answered the door.... and the guy said "sorry. Wrong door" i watched the whole thing thru the peephole.... 😂😂😂 the guy across the hall then called the front desk...😳 and said a guy was knocking on doors 😂😂😂i text the guy and said "i dont think this is going to work out"....😳😳i was terrified.... didnt see anybody else for the whole day....and checked out the next.... 

Edited by MeganMarie4u

13 hours ago, jonkassan said:

Hello all!

The main thing is relax, remember one of my strangest encounters of a hotel clerk. Came in and the guy gives me a thumbs up signal. Got up to the room and told the lady what had happened, she asked me with a puzzled look on her face, what did you do. I replied what could I do, gave him a thumbs up signal back, then I got up to the room as fast as I could, because it must be a good time if the hotel clerk endorses you. We both then busted out laughing and had a real good time.

R-E-L-A-X.

6 hours ago, Sexy Francesca said:

+1

After years of using hotels and never having any problems, there are tons of good answers in this thread. I had to quote the above because the line where you just pretend like you’ve checked in earlier and like you belong there. I also never dress too fancy or to slutty when checking into a hotel I want to look like a church/house mom...Who just sold my house and have flown in to handle the paperwork or am going through divorce or something like that..

I also prefer  higher end hotels as I don’t think the employees really want to question the patrons as much there, Unless they’re causing trouble.

Agreed. You shouldn’t really ever have to worry about trouble at a hotel unless the lady you’re going to see is trouble herself. I guess you never know when going to see someone new, so it’s always best to go with a reputable established lady. I’m also always low key and don’t attract attention to myself either. The upscale hotels are a much better choice. they may be overly helpful but hardly nosey with your business. 

Best advice I received about hotel incalls, is to make sure you have the room number before you enter the hotel.  There is nothing worse then waiting on a text to get a room number from the lobby.  As others stated above, most front desk people don't give you a second thought or look, unless you give them reason to.

rockinrobbiehodges.jpg

With the stock show in town, this should work just fime and the provider love it.

13 hours ago, JAGCS said:

Some google street maps actually walk you into the lobby - try that to get a feel for the place - act like you belong there as mtnrider said staff doesn’t know and doesn’t care if you are a hobbyist.  Some large hotels have side and convention entrances try those as an alternate way to go in without going by front desk.

Google StreetView is a great idea and something I've used for just about every incall, hotel or otherwise. If you're like us it'll give you some comfort getting a lay of the land before you head in. And yes, sometimes there are also pictures of the lobby and elevators to help even further.

Nothing wrong with hotel 

pay the front desk no mind 

if you have to pass them 

most girls do not host at a private location 

only girls who live in co ! Other than that everyone else is at a hotel 

When I go on outcalls to hotels I alway ask my client for the direction to the elevator from the front entrance of the hotel so that I don't get lost in the hotel & if the elevator needs a key then we meet in the lobby or just outside the hotel front entrance, its all about communication & personal connection.     

On 1/16/2019 at 7:40 AM, LaurenB said:

Nothing wrong with hotel 

pay the front desk no mind 

if you have to pass them 

most girls do not host at a private location 

only girls who live in co ! Other than that everyone else is at a hotel 

Where was I? Oh, yeah. I doubt this is helpful but, admittedly missing out on A LOT, as a matter of principle I don't do rooms and choose to limit myself to those who host at a private location.

8 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Damn you're gorgeous.

Where was I? Oh, yeah. I doubt this is helpful but, admittedly missing out on A LOT, as a matter of principle I don't do rooms and choose to limit myself to those who host at a private location.

I do both, but way prefer the private incall,  so much more inviting and comfortable, in my opinion. But for the right ladies I'll go where ever they ask :)

Thank you all for this thread. I needed a laugh tonight and you all are great!

On 1/11/2019 at 0:31 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Oh god.... one time a gent knocked on the door across the hall.... a white haired gentleman answered the door.... and the guy said "sorry. Wrong door" i watched the whole thing thru the peephole.... 😂😂😂 the guy across the hall then called the front desk...😳 and said a guy was knocking on doors 😂😂😂i text the guy and said "i dont think this is going to work out"....😳😳i was terrified.... didnt see anybody else for the whole day....and checked out the next.... 

I can top it.. Loll... Very well known gent in another state.. Standing at 6'2 ", fully dressed in a  Spider-Man costume, shows up at my door at 3:30 pm also,  when my LATE AS HELL hot wing order from Wing Street is showing up @ my INCALL . I know it's hard to believe. now That is Just one of many INCALL isn't my Fav 😂😂😂😂😂

Look at the building from the outside ... some hotels have section with 2 or so stories (usually the convention rooms) and a tower with guest rooms. That tells you which way to walk for the elevator ... obviously the tall part.

Also, phones are GREAT. In the past, you had nothing to do with your hands but look nervous. Now, just stare at your phone or better yet, type on it as you walk in. No need to make eye contact in 2019! If you walk into a wall or miss the turn for the elevator, no one will notice. Just an idiot on his phone. If she's late, just sit in the lobby and scroll endlessly on the phone. People do it all the time.

Also, walk slow and just act tired or bored. People don't come into their own hotel nervous. They come in tired. 

Again act like you belong there.  If I go to a hotel that is a busy place it is easy to usually find the elevator follow someone who has bags. .  I will stop occasionally if it is not so crowded and act like I am talking on  the phone.  (turned off of course) and look around and see where the elevator is.  If it is a small hotel I usually ask the lady directions or for a side door that is open on the same side as her room.  I have occasionally stopped at the front desk and asked for an envelope and at the same time scout out  the elevator.  just relax most places do not care.   Always like to exit through a side door if a small hotel.