Candice Carter

Best places to eat and go out in Aspen?

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I was wondering the best restaurants, shopping and other entertainment in Aspen!

Suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

My top 2...The bar seating at Ellina...Love that place! and Element 47 at the Little Nell.... also notable is Clark's Aspen for Seafood,  happy hour at Hotel Jerome.  The Wild Fig for French bistro ...not as impressed with Rustique :( .    Dining scene changes dramatically year by year there and even accessibility by season..but listed some good solid standby's .... btw..the yoga studio (if you are into that) Aspen Shakti...is exceptional.   One of my fave places...

I agree with MelindaMadison. I've had some great meals at Element 47. Love staying at the Little Nell too. Enjoy! Wish I was closer, lousy Independence Pass closed for the season. :-)

The Hard Rock Cafe in Aspen, perhaps not the finest food in town, but unique and entertaining decor.  You have relics such as Hunter S. Thompson's old typewriter and Martina Navratilova's tennis racket hanging on the walls.  Notably atypical of the HRC if you've been to a few. 

-RJ 

9 hours ago, Robert Johnson said:

The Hard Rock Cafe in Aspen, perhaps not the finest food in town, but unique and entertaining decor.  You have relics such as Hunter S. Thompson's old typewriter and Martina Navratilova's tennis racket hanging on the walls.  Notably atypical of the HRC if you've been to a few. 

-RJ 

Hard Rock in Aspen closed way back in year 2000.  i believe....  no clue where the memorabilia went.

1 hour ago, MelindaMadison said:

Hard Rock in Aspen closed way back in year 2000.  i believe....  no clue where the memorabilia went.

Thank you, MM, I was not aware of that, as I must have been there I guess around 1998 (saw Jodie Foster crossing the street wearing jeans & a tee shirt - I wonder if she moved away, too?).  👀 

-RJ 

Last time I was skiing in Aspen I remember the ski lodge Bistro at the top of the mountain was an incredible meal, Cloud Nine.  When I was there you had to ski to it! 

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/our-mountains/aspen-highlands/dining/cloud-nine-alpine-bistro

I do believe that was the name of the place and it was incredible.

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 1/13/2019 at 10:39 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Last time I was skiing in Aspen I remember the ski lodge Bistro at the top of the mountain was an incredible meal, Cloud Nine.  When I was there you had to ski to it! 

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/our-mountains/aspen-highlands/dining/cloud-nine-alpine-bistro

I do believe that was the name of the place and it was incredible.

The establishment has you take your ski boots off and gives you slippers to wear. I remember that too. Aspen is a lovely place to ski and their entertainment and restaurants are fabulous!