oldertruckguy-9225

Intimacy

23 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Most people associate intimacy with sex. In reality intimacy is about truth and trust. Intimacy is knowing you can allow not just the good but the bad and the ugly be seen by your partner. Intimacy is allowing them to know your weakness. Intimacy is knowing they will never exploit any of that and that they will accept you and love you.

+1000 👍

6 minutes ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Most people associate intimacy with sex. In reality intimacy is about truth and trust. Intimacy is knowing you can allow not just the good but the bad and the ugly be seen by your partner. Intimacy is allowing them to know your weakness. Intimacy is knowing they will never exploit any of that and that they will accept you and love you.

I think there is no opposition. Your definition is great, and it's because of what you say that intimacy is especially expressed and shared during sex.

5 minutes ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

I agree. Yet I am stuck on intimacy and being intimate.

Intimacy is for the long term commitment  type.

Being intimate is something I share with a provider.

I will shut up and return to the football game. 

19 minutes ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

very well said intimacy is the ultimate in Trust

17 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

"Intimacy" when googled returns all kinds of hugging, touching & Cuddling.....

All that mushy gushy love stuff 😋

1 hour ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Beautifully put! 💓

Intimacy is a "womens' word". She tells you she does not just want to have sex, but to share intimacy. She begins to tell you many thoughts, feelings, experiences...and prompts you to do the same. You share some too. Then comes the magical moment! She looks deeply into your eyes...opens her lips and say...." Let's just be friends." ..........stupid intimacy.......

Great topic. I love your definition, Oldertruckguy. I have said this many times before, but probably not here:
Intimacy does not equal sex.
Sex does not equal intimacy.
The words have been used interchangeably and should not be.  
You can have great sex w/o intimacy. You can have intimacy without having sex at all.  When you have both together, it is a magical & powerful combination.
Break the word down: Into-me-see, and it tells you what intimacy is about.

3 hours ago, milehijas said:

Break the word down: Into-me-see, and it tells you what intimacy is about.

Another great explanation. 👍

17 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Intimacy is a "womens' word". She tells you she does not just want to have sex, but to share intimacy. She begins to tell you many thoughts, feelings, experiences...and prompts you to do the same. You share some too. Then comes the magical moment! She looks deeply into your eyes...opens her lips and say...." Let's just be friends." ..........stupid intimacy.......

There it is. Not sure if the OP was referring to the hobby, in which I have met a few great providers, perhaps not the right one but, intimacy is not something I have and don't believe can experience in the hobby where, after all is said and done, it's all about the Benjamins.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

2 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

There it is. Not sure if the OP was referring to the hobby, in which I have met a few great providers, perhaps not the right one but, intimacy is not something I have and don't believe can experience in the hobby where, after all is said and done, it's all about the Benjamins.

Type Type Type....   Delete Delete Delete...

Type Type Type....   Delete Delete Delete…

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

1 hour ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Type Type Type....   Delete Delete Delete…

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Then peck along little chicken

19 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

So what does this have to do with the price of tea in China? 🤔

That depends on how fast your schooner is.

A nice cuppa tea can lead to intimate conversations.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

bravo applause GIF

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

34 minutes ago, pfunk said:

SS Bit Banger

MarvelousKindlyLamprey-size_restricted.g

#Ifixditforyou

I think there are different levels of intimacy and connection, depending on the relationship.  I have good intimate relationships with some friends because we feel free to share things that may be off limits with others.  I had an incredible intimate relationship with my ex-wife for many years, which was on a whole different level.  I have a sense of connection and some intimacy with some in the hobby, but in different ways than with other relationships.  Emotional intimacy is great.  Physical intimacy is wonderful.  When those are combined, it is quite special and not easily found.  Intimacy has a sense of vulnerability and feeling safe is important.  Intimacy means letting the other know about you...warts and all, not just the "good things".  As has been said, there has to be some level of trust involved.

Oh how I love words, I am so into her and she is "So into me, see".  Sorry, couldn't help myself...such a dork.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:43 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

I love this and thank you for sharing. 

Oldertruckguy is, of course, correct in his definition. I'd only submit that the word is a euphemism often employed to file off the rough edges when referring to the more physical aspects of the hobby. I've used it a lot in reviews and believe most of us could agree that 'being intimate' sounds better than, omitting the four letter terms, 'getting sticky'. And yes, if nothing else, this blog proves I also have a dictionary. LOL