sparkey600

What's the best thing you've received this"Giving Season?"

20 posts in this topic

In the area where I do a lot of shopping, there is a young homeless man that I've taken a liking to. He is quite obviously struggling and not a con artist.

A few days before Christmas, I pulled up to a parking space near where he was standing and offered him $25. Instead of just taking the cash, he looked at me and said "are you sure sir?" I said yes, bud I'm very sure. He said "thank you sir, and you have a beautiful dog" HAHA my dog goes with me about 99% of the time.

I noticed he was not dressed for the colder weather coming up tonight, he had on a light coat over a flannel shirt and it made me a bit concerned. My wife suggested we fix him up a little bit better. We stopped by ARC (which I donate to every month) and found a Columbia parka, (looked like new) a heavy wool hat and nice gloves. We drove back to his usual corner, pulled up and told him we had a gift for him. I handed him the cap and gloves and his eyes widened, gave us a big smile and thanked us very politely. Then I said "we have something else for you" as I handed the parka out the door, once again he said "are you sure, sir?" I once again said yes, bud I'm very sure. He immediately took off the coat he was wearing and traded it for the parka we bought for him.

My wife and I have 4 kids together 9 grand kids lots of friends people we work with and various charities we donate to throughout the year. 

This young man has touched us. I've reached out to Catholic Charities to see if they can give him more help that I can.

I'd like to thank him for accepting the few small gifts we've given him but most of all for the very generous gift he has given to us this season.

My immediate family, my mom, brother, 3 kids, our family friend (who is family), and our 4 family dogs, all together for a few days for Christmas. It's been a few years, and who knows when it will happen again. I couldn't have asked for anything better. My heart is full. 

Thanks Sparkey for sharing your post with us. 💙💙💙

There is nothing like helping others that can make a human feel more purposeful and happy. I don’t always share my acts of kindness but enjoyed your story. I try to make it a regular occurrence💜what goes around definitely comes around in one way or another! 

I agree hunter it was the best holiday yet🎄

12 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

My wife and I have 4 kids together 9 grand kids lots of friends people we work with and various charities we donate to throughout the year. 

I've reached out to Catholic Charities to see if they can give him more help that I can.

Wow, just wow. Even I'm speechless....:o

Very special thread and your story is touching Sparky!😘

Today I have family all around me. We are having services for my dad. So many funny and loving stories everyone has been sharing with me. The other night my uncle got me laughing so hard!

Lots of beautiful ❤️ Thank you! 

22 minutes ago, 2Big said:

I'm going to put it out in public for everyone to see...a BIG +1 to 2Big on his post

On 12/27/2018 at 10:59 AM, 2Big said:

Deep in your heart, regardless of some of the funny things you post, you are a good man yourself. 

I ask you, play it foreword. You will be paid back 10 fold!

Peace bro!

On 12/26/2018 at 10:56 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

My immediate family, my mom, brother, 3 kids, our family friend (who is family), and our 4 family dogs, all together for a few days for Christmas. It's been a few years, and who knows when it will happen again. I couldn't have asked for anything better. My heart is full. 

Thanks Sparkey for sharing your post with us. 💙💙💙

You  know, you can make it happen every year Sweetie. I for one hope you do.

Family is the most important this time of year. I for one has learned to never take them for granted!

God bless you Hunter!

Talked with an old teammate of mine and spent time with all of my family. Isn't anymore that I could ask for than the love of friends and family

Edited by airamericavet65
Misspelled word

On 12/27/2018 at 11:20 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Today I have family all around me. We are having services for my dad. So many funny and loving stories everyone has been sharing with me. The other night my uncle got me laughing so hard!

Love to you Kali and your family.I know how much your father meant to you. I'm sorry for his passing....... I've been injured lately. I must confess. This wasn't in the middle age hand book I was given when I was in my mid 30's! Bad back? Nope bad hips? Nope! Bad feet, you have to be kidding me! Alas, me in general.

You know, you are a gem to me!   

I'm wondering...........

Do anyone else have a similar story to tell?

Have you helped the homeless or the less fortunate in your neighborhood?

It's so easy to help after all.

Thanks

Was lucky this year and got to spend time with family grandkids are the best

20 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Love to you Kali and your family.I know how much your father meant to you. I'm sorry for his passing....... I've been injured lately. I must confess. This wasn't in the middle age hand book I was given when I was in my mid 30's! Bad back? Nope bad hips? Nope! Bad feet, you have to be kidding me! Alas, me in general.

You know, you are a gem to me!   

Sparky! You’re a true treasure to me also!💓

oh gosh, I was very lucky, I had tiffany & co jewelry, clothes, amazon gift cards, tickets to Colombia to visit family, and my clients know me so much... I got lots of nutella jars hahaha

On 12/27/2018 at 11:20 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Kali, sending you good thoughts and am so sorry for your loss.  I know how much you loved and cared for your dad.  He must have been a special guy, based on his loving and caring daughter.  My hope is that your grief and feelings of loss are balanced with some fantastic cherished memories.

Not much this year but a year ago I donated to a “Go fund me account” , a provider was recovering from surgery.   I had never met her before but thought it was the right thing to do.   

On 2/2/2019 at 8:57 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Sparky! You’re a true treasure to me also!💓

Honey, You have revealed to me your true self posting to my original thread, you are a good person, and I appreciate that more than most people know

Thank you my darling! You are a gem to be cherished 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, average1 said:

Kali, sending you good thoughts and am so sorry for your loss.  I know how much you loved and cared for your dad.  He must have been a special guy, based on his loving and caring daughter.  My hope is that your grief and feelings of loss are balanced with some fantastic cherished memories.

Average 1, you are anything but average!

I brought my dad a whopper sandwich to his nursing home every Sunday. I sat with him and watched him struggle with his words. Also watched him wince with pain was with him till the bitter end the final week every day before work . Gawds life is so hard. The last week of his life. Just so many spiritual signs were going on for me too his last week of life. I am a true kook! So I won’t go much into detail. Well, other than to say it is a true blessing to let him go.Head injury, with dementia, and stroke after stroke. Not such a good existence to keep alive for.   My dad is now resting in peace with his parents and others. He was a wonderful man.  He was the glass always running over with love type of man! Give him the truth always and you will always gain his respect as long as you remain honest! Suck it up type don’t show your weak side!? Yes that’s my old man!😊

thank you for your sweet words Average 1! Both you and Sparky are so sweet to think of me! ♥️♥️

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki