Danielle Rae

Cancellation Notice

38 posts in this topic

A provider totally wasted my day,  I even drove to the stated area then nothing, like she fell off the Earth. Waiting for an explanation before I post a no show review. (not Danielle Rae)

Edited by Studman
Clarify not about Danielle

I had an appointment today at 2pm - at noon the lady let me know she couldn't make it.  No big deal - we'll just reschedule.  I appreciate this consideration and will always provide the same as soon as I know I can't be there.

Edited by Paul Pudenda

It may be the luck of the Welsh, but I have met quite a few of my favorite friends by cold-calling them when I got stood up on a date.  I usually get from 45 minutes to two hour's notice, not great, but doable.  That is enough time to find a shady spot and start blasting out polite emails to anyone who is "available now" on P411 or simply posts recently on TOB.  It seems to take 10-20 minutes to get back a majority of "sorry, no" responses and around one in seven actually works out for short notice fun. For some reason, those meetings tend to work out better for repeat visits.

I have found that I am a lot less bitter about being stood up if I make absolutely sure that I get to have a nice experience anyway.  Sort of a "silver lining to every cloud" approach to being cancelled on.

Just be sure to close any open loops - meaning if you put out a request and get no reply, and make other plans, you should send a "nevermind" follow up.  I like to make sure that my phone number remains on the "nice" list, because you all know what happens if you get on the "naughty" list.

Wow, this must be the first time this has ever happened in the history of hobbying....next thing you're going to tell me is water is wet.

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

It may be the luck of the Welsh, but I have met quite a few of my favorite friends by cold-calling them when I got stood up on a date.  I usually get from 45 minutes to two hour's notice, not great, but doable.  That is enough time to find a shady spot and start blasting out polite emails to anyone who is "available now" on P411 or simply posts recently on TOB.  It seems to take 10-20 minutes to get back a majority of "sorry, no" responses and around one in seven actually works out for short notice fun. For some reason, those meetings tend to work out better for repeat visits.

I have found that I am a lot less bitter about being stood up if I make absolutely sure that I get to have a nice experience anyway.  Sort of a "silver lining to every cloud" approach to being cancelled on.

Just be sure to close any open loops - meaning if you put out a request and get no reply, and make other plans, you should send a "nevermind" follow up.  I like to make sure that my phone number remains on the "nice" list, because you all know what happens if you get on the "naughty" list.

Ah so the truth comes out? I believe you saying in other posts referring to what I had said that it doesn’t happen to you and even pfunk claims that also, glad to hear that 🤣

1 hour ago, Mr.Pink said:

Wow, this must be the first time this has ever happened in the history of hobbying....next thing you're going to tell me is water is wet.

I hear you - this subject has been brought up a zillion times.  But during the Holidays the "sting' is that much more painful.  Especially when a lady has turned down a handful of other business to accomodate the scheduled appt only to get nc/ns...Idk   I'm just dumbfounded how something so basic and tactful can be so hard for some to grasp... and yes - it works both ways. Absolutely!

1 hour ago, stevie-2249 said:

Ah so the truth comes out? I believe you saying in other posts referring to what I had said that it doesn’t happen to you and even pfunk claims that also, glad to hear that 🤣

Stop lying.

I've never said I've NEVER been no showed. 

Liar.

I'll take a guess. Guy books. Decides to cancel for some reason, but especially if he changes his mind and books someone else. He figures by cancelling, he will get blacklisted period. So he NC\NS..figures he may make up a story if need be....figures he may get a session or two in (at least the replacement session)   before he tosses out the burner phone he used , gets a new one, and makes up a new name. I recall talking to plenty of guys who thought this way back in the before times of parties and chat rooms.

4 hours ago, Danielle Rae said:

I hear you - this subject has been brought up a zillion times.  But during the Holidays the "sting' is that much more painful.  Especially when a lady has turned down a handful of other business to accomodate the scheduled appt only to get nc/ns...Idk   I'm just dumbfounded how something so basic and tactful can be so hard for some to grasp... and yes - it works both ways. Absolutely!

a bird in the hand....

5 hours ago, Danielle Rae said:

Business is slow but your turning clients away🤔 you could always say sorry but 10 is full how bout 12 or maybe 8? 

Im sure most guys would understand. 

4 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Business is slow but your turning clients away🤔 you could always say sorry but 10 is full how bout 12 or maybe 8? 

Im sure most guys would understand. 

Lost Stevie is this on refrence to someone? Can’t imagine taking 10 clients in a day?! 

I agree Danielle, basic common courtesy goes a long way in the hobby...... and life in general. 

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Lost Stevie is this on refrence to someone? Can’t imagine taking 10 clients in a day?! 

It happens all the time it sounds like,  so just like an airline overbook knowing someone isn’t gonna show up, give a discount if they all do to compensate for the inconvenience. 

If I got a Bennie each time I've been no-showed, ghosted, "there in 20", pulling into your drive way now, etc....I'd be rich, living in Ibiza banging Russian super models.

Best to move on, alternatively, you could double-book, and if both show up you got yourself a double.;)

I can honestly say, I've never NC\NS. EVER! If I make the call, my ass will there. UNLESS, I'M DEAD, that is. I would make it my mission to make sure the other party got there grocerhe's at least. I owe them that.

On 12/23/2018 at 6:54 AM, Danielle Rae said:

I don't get it.  What is so difficult about sending a text or giving a heads up call that you aren't gonna make it to your scheduled apptmt?  I mean there seems to be no problem in sending the plethora of texts leading up to the scheduled appt.  All of the "Hey, how are you?"  "You're Hot"  "Are you Avail?"  "Location?"  "Donation"  "Can I get a pic?"   so what is the problem with "Hey need to cancel sorry"    SMH  Its the holidays for pete's sake and business is slow for many of the ladies as it is ... have some respect.  I, personally, am listing every single nc/ns on the "list" - (the nc/ns list that is)  RUDE RUDE RUDE 

It sucks when this happens.  As was said by "funlover", common courtesy should be practiced in every part of life.  I've had to cancel a couple of times, but always let the lady know in advance, and I've been canceled on a few times, but have always been contacted prior to my driving for the appointment.  Life happens sometimes, on both sides of the equation.  But it doesn't take more than a few minutes to let someone know so other plans can be made.  Each of my "cancellation" have ended up being rescheduled and a good time was had during the rescheduled get together.

16 hours ago, Danielle Rae said:

Sadly, this type of thing is not unique to the hobby.  I am a Realtor who goes out of his way to help homeowners who are not comfortable with the process of selecting contractors to make required repairs so I will screen a few and then whittle it down to 3 contractors for the homeowner to choose from.  I can't tell you how many times I'm ghosted or just don't get calls back from "professionals".  I don't see how people like that survive with that type of mindset.  

19 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Ahhhhh, Stevie, Stevie, Stevie.  If you had read my earlier post closely (and, frankly, I think its a bit creepy that you remember them at all), I said at that time I never had a NC/NS, meaning no notice, I showed up on time, crickets.  Since then I have actually had one, but she called later with a pretty lame explanation, but at least it wasn't a total NC/NS.

The thread above that you are commenting on was what I do with a short notice (45 minute to 2 hour) cancellation.  Of these I have had plenty.  At least they have the courtesy to call and give me the time to implement PLAN B during my real-world escape window, which is the point of this thread.

13 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I thought he was talking about the time of day?

On 12/23/2018 at 6:54 AM, Danielle Rae said:

I don't get it.  What is so difficult about sending a text or giving a heads up call that you aren't gonna make it to your scheduled apptmt?  I mean there seems to be no problem in sending the plethora of texts leading up to the scheduled appt.  All of the "Hey, how are you?"  "You're Hot"  "Are you Avail?"  "Location?"  "Donation"  "Can I get a pic?"   so what is the problem with "Hey need to cancel sorry"    SMH  Its the holidays for pete's sake and business is slow for many of the ladies as it is ... have some respect.  I, personally, am listing every single nc/ns on the "list" - (the nc/ns list that is)  RUDE RUDE RUDE 

omg yesss! it is so frustrating,  the ns/ and the canceling 5 minutes before their appointment. I can't tell you how many times a client has had a "flat tire", or their car broke down, or they just simply don't show up.  Why cancel your appointment 5 minutes before it was scheduled? You should have already been pulling into my driveway, so clearly you knew you weren't planning on attending so why wait to cancel. Also you are way more likely to get blacklisted if you ns, if you at least have the decency to cancel I will give you a second chance. No Shows rarely get second chances from me.

1 hour ago, Crystyna said:

if you at least have the decency to cancel I will give you a second chance. No Shows rarely get second chances from me.

mind boggling how many times this thread comes up - and yet it still keeps happening...

makes me wonder how each of these nc/ns people would feel if the folks they depended on for their livelihood just opted to not show up for them?

Amen to the quote above...

life happens, no one will argue that - and as such appointments can be hard to make - not just here but along all avenues of life...

but dating-wise, respectfully, you call and reschedule and if it is really short notice (which is relative i know) it is a gentlemanly thing to add a little extra to your gift at the rescheduled date to say thank you for the understanding and re-scheduling flexibility.

nc/ns is downright disrespectful...

If you are going to hobby, then it will happen to you. Booked a date 5 days ago. Texted this morning to see if things were still on. She texted back saying she was ready. Went to the general area and she wouldn't respond to my text for her address. Two hours latter she apoligized and said she had community service. She didn't remember at 9am. Wasted 1/2 a day, when I could have been making money myself. So the coin flips both ways. Just have to take it as a cost of business. Just don't forget them. If they want another date, have them prepay. 

Through the mess of all that is happening lately- the cream will rise to the top as it has in the past...     The gents who are sweet and well meaning and dependable will continue to be so and separate themselves from the chronic cancellation crowd and "are you available?" crowd.  ***We ladies will take care of them nicely and be glad to reference and refer out to make life easier for them.*** 

and the ladies that run this business with systems that are solid in screening, discretion, (and deposits and cancellation fees when needed depending on their business model) and especially  being dependable (and drama free) with their bookings also will also rise.      

Now..being smart enough to choose the right company will be the key for both parties.   That has seemed to be a struggle for some . Some sail through this with ease...others struggle by choosing shortcuts, making bad decisions and get the short straw.  C'est la vie. 

or they show ten minutes early and you answer the door dripping wet from the shower and the douche bags say, 'This isn't what I expected' and walks away. …  Seriously?  I cannot baby sit a grown man!  The flood gates have been opened with douche bags these latest weeks.  

1 hour ago, MelindaMadison said:

Through the mess of all that is happening lately- the cream will rise to the top as it has in the past...     The gents who are sweet and well meaning and dependable will continue to be so and separate themselves from the chronic cancellation crowd and "are you available?" crowd.  ***We ladies will take care of them nicely and be glad to reference and refer out to make life easier for them.*** 

and the ladies that run this business with systems that are solid in screening, discretion, (and deposits and cancellation fees when needed depending on their business model) and especially  being dependable (and drama free) with their bookings also will also rise.      

Now..being smart enough to choose the right company will be the key for both parties.   That has seemed to be a struggle for some . Some sail through this with ease...others struggle by choosing shortcuts, making bad decisions and get the short straw.  C'est la vie. 

Well said Melinda

1 hour ago, MelindaMadison said:

ryan gosling applause GIF

Sapphire,  the other side of that coin just happened an hour or so ago.  Set an appointment confirm stating I will see you a the specified time.  I reply how about an address.  20 minutes later an address appears show up to the specified spot and crickets.  Not what I was expecting for something planned on short notice.  Can't babysit the providers either.  

Supposedly Colorado was named 8th for the nice people.  I guess they did not factor in respect. 

59 minutes ago, Sapphire said:

or they show ten minutes early and you answer the door dripping wet from the shower and the douche bags say, 'This isn't what I expected' and walks away. …  Seriously?  I cannot baby sit a grown man!  The flood gates have been opened with douche bags these latest weeks.