BeenHereDoingThis

I'm a Prepper

37 posts in this topic

I'm a Prepper.  Are you a Prepper too?

No I don't have a bunker in the mountains full of guns and food but I have collected a considerable amount of contact info for the ladies.  You know just in case.  I have read a lot here and on other venues and the consensus is that come Jan. 1 it will be somewhere between the end of the world for the Hobby or Y2K redux or something in between.  I have got  on the old Switter machine just in case.  I fervently hope that the TOB admin can weather this storm and maintain our little community.  I must say that I would really miss the Forum here.  Not to say I wouldn't miss the listings and reviews but the Forums here and the fine ladies and gents that contribute make TOB feel like a place I want to be.  Besides stashing away contact info is there anything else anybody is doing just in case?  As for the forum, has anyone thought of an alternate rally point?  If so, do a bro a solid and drop me a DM.

Hopefully this time next year we can all laugh about this!  Hopefully......

Edited by BeenHereDoingThis
Hate autocorrect

If y’all remember, Y2K was a min event 

6 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

I'm a Prepper.  Are you a Prepper too?

No I don't have a bunker in the mountains full of guns and food but I have collected a considerable amount of contact info for the ladies.  You know just in case.  I have read a lot here and on other venues and the consensus is that come Jan. 1 it will be somewhere between the end of the world for the Hobby or Y2K redux or something in between.  I have got  on the old Switter machine just in case.  I fervently hope that the TOB admin can weather this storm and maintain our little community.  I must say that I would really miss the Forum here.  Not to say I wouldn't miss the listings and reviews but the Forums here and the fine ladies and gents that contribute make TOB feel like a place I want to be.  Besides stashing away contact info is there anything else anybody is doing just in case?  As for the forum, has anyone thought of an alternate rally point?  If so, do a bro a solid and drop me a DM.

Hopefully this time next year we can all laugh about this!  Hopefully......

I'm going to go with y2k phenomenon.

It's the oldest profession in the world and sure it will survive. Now kind of like when the market is hot any real estate Agent can make a good living, but when it's not hot that is when the true professionals shine through and survive, I can kind of see similar here. If a lot of boards come down the true professionals will be fine, but those just riding the internet wave may fall to the wayside.

But with all.the talk, I'm thinking I should probably start saving some ladies contact info. I have a few faves which could keep me busy, but i might just save some info for some ladies on my radar i haven't seen yet.

But I'm guessing things may shift but not go away. 

For tob I could see maybe the listings and reviews going away, but the forum is just a bunch of folks having some discussions, nothing wrong with that

Edited by K2dnvrfun

Read this😂

Look back in April there are some great threads. This is not the apocalypse and we just have to do our part to keep TOB clean and safe. We’re a dating site after all.

Edited by Laci French

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Read this😂

Look back in April there are some great threads. This is not the apocalypse and we just have to do our part to keep TOB clean and safe. We’re a dating site after all.

Laci, you are spot on with your post.  We've not only survived, but some of us have thrived.  I hope many of us continue to make our board a great place to be.  We've been able to find creative ways to share our pleasures.  Part of me feels like some of our connections have gotten stronger and better since the changes earlier this year.

And just so you know......you ROCK !!!! 

16 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Read this😂

Ah that was a gem of a thread.

22 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Read this😂

Believe me I do hope this is another Y2K but you, my dear lady just made my point about what will be lost/missed.

I’m a pepper, you’re a pepper, wouldn’t you like to be a pepper too?

Worst case scenario in my mind is that we lose reviews and listings but still keep our forums.  The forums are our family and what keeps us in contact with each other. 

I don’t believe TOB will be yanked out from under us and we will still be our dysfunctional fam.  

We will survive because our board has where other boards have failed. 

Report those listings that are inappropriate to our dating site, photos that are “obscene” and anything else that doesn’t feel right. This is all of our responsibility!

It wouldn’t hurt for you guys to start a gofundme for TOB 😂

28 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

If y’all remember, Y2K was a min event 

To the average person Y2K may have seemed like a non-event, but for the market and professionals there were serious consequences.

In my shop new development stopped mid-98 least we introduce new bugs.  Many shops had weird hours during ‘99 because testing had to be during off hours.  Hardware budgets were slashed in ‘00 because the money had been spent in ‘99 for test beds.  This meant that times were lean for the hardware firms.

The disasters foretold for Y2K were averted by the hard work and dedication of the IT industry.

My shop dealt with programming PLC’s and computers. We didn’t experience a single issue with Y2K.

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Worst case scenario in my mind is that we lose reviews and listings but still keep our forums.  The forums are our family and what keeps us in contact with each other. 

I don’t believe TOB will be yanked out from under us and we will still be our dysfunctional fam.  

We will survive because our board has where other boards have failed. 

Report those listings that are inappropriate to our dating site, photos that are “obscene” and anything else that doesn’t feel right. This is all of our responsibility!

Don’t you mean us fuckers?😂😂

1 minute ago, ilovewomen said:

My shop dealt with programming PLC’s and computers. We didn’t experience a single issue with Y2K.

Neither did we, because we worked from mid-98 on at finding and fixing date issues.  On many accounting systems records had to be expanded to include extra digits in date fields.

Does anyone remember when ladies used to advertise in the local weekly papers and in the phonebook?

Maybe the adult entertainment directory mags that used to be in the front of strip clubs, condoms to go and adult movie theaters will make a return. 

I sure do miss the hassle free hustling of 2002-2007 (oop I just told my age)

When we thought everything was going to blow up in April, I went through all of my services, P411, TOB, etc., and put all the information I could garner for each lady that I would even remotely be interested in seeing into my Contacts on my little $29.95 sporting phone (ended up being about 80).  Even took photos of their profile pictures to help me remember why I put them in the phone.  Names, numbers, text numbers, e-mails, and in the Notes section of the contact, summaries of reviews, rates if known, specialties, things of note, etc.

Also printed to PDF my Profile page (with my recommendations) and printed out some other things that would be useful to share with a young lady, which I should not discuss publically.

Therefore, between my regular friends and this information, I could survive a total shutdown, but would miss shooting the breeze with all of you.

Now, all I need to worry about is how to back up the little sporting phone.  It's an android and I am clueless.

Also, ladies, if we do get a bad shutdown, please don't change your phone numbers, email addresses, etc.  We will never be able to find you!

15 hours ago, Laci French said:

Nice!  The only gofundme page in history funded entirely by anonymous prepaid visa cards....

:)

:P

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

When we thought everything was going to blow up in April, I went through all of my services, P411, TOB, etc., and put all the information I could garner for each lady that I would even remotely be interested in seeing into my Contacts on my little $29.95 sporting phone (ended up being about 80).  Even took photos of their profile pictures to help me remember why I put them in the phone.  Names, numbers, text numbers, e-mails, and in the Notes section of the contact, summaries of reviews, rates if known, specialties, things of note, etc.

Also printed to PDF my Profile page (with my recommendations) and printed out some other things that would be useful to share with a young lady, which I should not discuss publically.

Therefore, between my regular friends and this information, I could survive a total shutdown, but would miss shooting the breeze with all of you.

Now, all I need to worry about is how to back up the little sporting phone.  It's an android and I am clueless.

Also, ladies, if we do get a bad shutdown, please don't change your phone numbers, email addresses, etc.  We will never be able to find you!

Not knowing the phone you have, most Android setups are similar to some degree. 

1.) Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developer options (you might need to go to advanced settings to see this). 

2.) Plug it into your computer

3.) Once plugged in a prompt should appear but you're looking "Enable USB for file transfer" 

4.) A window on your computer should open that shows your phone's drive and your local HDD. Drag and drop. 

5.) If all that fails just plug it in and hope your computer sees it as an external drive and then drag and drop. 

6.) If that fails google your phone model and append "computer backup" to it and you're good to go. 

I’ve been working on making usable lists of contacts to prepare.  

I hope the ladies are preparing as well.  No matter what happens regarding LE activity, I think there will be a business slowdown for the ladies after the 1st of the year due to clients being worried about what might happen.  

3 minutes ago, CountryGentleman said:

I hope the ladies are preparing as well.  No matter what happens regarding LE activity, I think there will be a business slowdown for the ladies after the 1st of the year due to clients being worried about what might happen.  

So what exactly happens after the first that isn't already in place? I keep seeing the 1st but I thought laws were already in place. 

29 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

So what exactly happens after the first that isn't already in place? I keep seeing the 1st but I thought laws were already in place. 

Thats the thing! No one knows for sure! New uncharted waters! 

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

It's also a good idea to the ladies know if you can be contacted, and what your preferred method of contact is, so we can update our info. Thanks for being proactive. 😊

42 minutes ago, CountryGentleman said:

I have been getting prebookings for Jan, so I dont see it slowing down too much for ladies who are well established, well reviewed, with websites, obviously 100% independent. I would like to add, gentlemen if you want to see your favorite ladies stick it out through the changes and uncertainties, right after changes start taking effect is NOT a good time to ghost on them. I'm not saying you have to single handedly go out and see all the girls you have good relationships with, and keep them a float (some of you guys will know I'm speaking to you! Lol.) But keeping your normal steady dating habits will help keep our community stable as we navigate the new changes. It's weird for me to be in another state, and away from my TOB family with all the goings on, and extra drama from people who aren't a part of our group. Buuuut, I am definitely with all of you in my mind, heart, and spirit. Please, bear with all of is who are out of town, and not able to return msgs right away, it is the holidays. Miss you loves.

39 minutes ago, still looking2 said:

Thats the thing! No one knows for sure! New uncharted waters! 

I found what I was looking for. It was signed into law in April but will begin being enforced in Jan 2019. 

It never hurts to be prepared and thankfully most browsers allow you to save a page as a PDF.  So, put your list together by making your favorite companions 'favorites', then right-click on the page and save each favorites page as a PDF (remember to change the name on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th page etc so you don't overwrite the previously saved one).

Likewise you can expand all your reviews and save that page as PDF and have them all (companions can do the same).  Do the same for your P411 favorites or OK's.

Just a little public service for those that might be reaching for paper and pencil to write things down...

That way if the hammer doesn't drop, you were prepared anyway.  The only time you need a backup is when you don't have one!

In case you don’t have that option download a 30 day trial of foxit pdf - you might find you like it better than the more well known reader.

19 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Great post.  I would also miss the interaction on the board...a bunch.  This community and this board are part of my "not so guilty" pleasures of life. 

I hope the ladies I've seen would text me or email me if any of them change their phone numbers.  I've had a handful of special ladies text me in the past when numbers have changed, which has been great.  In some ways, my prep work started when I began the TOB journey by trying to establish reasonable relationships (while respecting boundaries) with some of the ladies I've seen.

We will survive, no matter what happens.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:40 AM, SexiKenni said:

Does anyone remember when ladies used to advertise in the local weekly papers and in the phonebook?

sadly, yes, and that does date us a bit...

it would make for truly interesting headlines if there were a resurgence in weekly newspapers or print media due to govt regulation of the internet - all brought about by all of these 'dating' sites...

Hmmm first I’ve heard! I didn’t realize things would be affected after the 1st. Wondering if there’s any links about this info? Hope we get to at least keep the forums☺️