Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just Another Guy

Smoking...

6 posts in this topic

When I'm looking through providers listings, I always check if they're a smoker or not. I'm not a smoker, have never been a smoker, and hate cigarette smoke. I don't pass judgement on people who smoke (we all have our vices), but when I'm looking at a listing, it's very much a deciding point as to whether or not I reach out to a lady.  Plus, there's having to explain why I smell of smoke. 

That being the case, there are a fair number of ladies who have "no" for smoking in their profile, but when scanning through their pictures or reading their reviews, it's obvious that they do smoke. I don't know if it's an intentional mis-direction (likely it's not), or if it's a reflex to just check "no", but it's there. 

Not pointing fingers, I'm not going to "out" anyone, and I'm not passing judgement on anyone,  I'm just asking for the ladies to be accurate in their listings.

The ladies I've met are all great, and I can't wait to meet more of them!

Edited by Just Another Guy

Doesn’t hurt to double check too before the meeting! I always ask please no heavy cologne and no smoke. Nothing personal I say this to everyone, just to make sure. Since it bothers me so much 

Just now, Leena_rose said:

Doesn’t hurt to double check too before the meeting! I always ask please no heavy cologne and no smoke. Nothing personal I say this to everyone, just to make sure. Since it bothers me so much 

Indeed. I'm adding this to my list of questions to ask a provider before meeting.

1 hour ago, Leena_rose said:

This.

Personally, I take all review and profile info with a grain of salt. Reviewers and ladies can be "lazy" around details. Too many times see no/a couple of tattoos listed, yet, lady is covered. "Pics real", yet they are stolen. And so on. Heck, lady might not be normally a smoker, but out with buds before and bums a butt... or might like herbs and does not consider it "smoking".

4 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

This.

Personally, I take all review and profile info with a grain of salt. Reviewers and ladies can be "lazy" around details. Too many times see no/a couple of tattoos listed, yet, lady is covered. "Pics real", yet they are stolen. And so on. Heck, lady might not be normally a smoker, but out with buds before and bums a butt... or might like herbs and does not consider it "smoking".

I guess my point is that if the listings were more accurate my time, and the ladies time, would be better used without too many questions back and forth. Especially when some take a long time to reply because they're busy, or whatever.  

Edited by Just Another Guy

I agree this could be better.  For me it’s a real issue since even smelling the remains of smoke in her hair or clothes or on her breath can trigger a migraine.   

So, I always ask.  Usually as long as it’s been at least 2 hours since last smoke and she’s taken a good shower beforehand it’s good enough.  

I still would like another option on the “smokes?” Question:  “yes but not in session”