CountryGentleman

Total hip?

27 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had one?   How long before you felt comfortable returning to normal “activities”?

Depends on hard your willing to work at getting back.B)

8 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

Has anyone else had one?   How long before you felt comfortable returning to normal “activities”?

Do Not Twist, Do not Rotate your lower half. Please Square Your body to make Movements for the first few weeks while getting Up and Down..Make Sure you get a Chair for the shower. I know where you can get them free... Staples come out avge 11-15 days after. Get a Body Pillow ASAP! Wake up at 5-6 am take your pain meds then go back to sleep for more if you can.. You CAN walk as soon as 2 days after but Please GO SLOW and Do NOT TWIST your lower half in ANY type of maneuver!!!

Add A tad bit of Bleach to your SIT DOWN shower over your feet since You will not be able to bend and clean your feet properly. It Will stop and end ANY germs  or fungus your feet encounter in the couple of weeks until you can properly tend to them.. 

I know it sounds bad But Double your Pain meds dosage for the first week, sometimes up to 10 days. I have MUCH experience with Rehabilitation from specific surgeries and Hip replacement is One Of my most Known..

Message me for details if needed. :) FYI NO you will NOT  keep that poochy Booty and raised Hips for long.. Swelling Does eventually go away 😂 

41 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Do Not Twist, Do not Rotate your lower half. Please Square Your body to make Movements for the first few weeks while getting Up and Down..Make Sure you get a Chair for the shower. I know where you can get them free... Staples come out avge 11-15 days after. Get a Body Pillow ASAP! Wake up at 5-6 am take your pain meds then go back to sleep for more if you can.. You CAN walk as soon as 2 days after but Please GO SLOW and Do NOT TWIST your lower half in ANY type of maneuver!!!

Add A tad bit of Bleach to your SIT DOWN shower over your feet since You will not be able to bend and clean your feet properly. It Will stop and end ANY germs  or fungus your feet encounter in the couple of weeks until you can properly tend to them.. 

I know it sounds bad But Double your Pain meds dosage for the first week, sometimes up to 10 days. I have MUCH experience with Rehabilitation from specific surgeries and Hip replacement is One Of my most Known..

Message me for details if needed. :) FYI NO you will NOT  keep that poochy Booty and raised Hips for long.. Swelling Does eventually go away 😂 

Okay, I'm totally impressed.

2 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Okay, I'm totally impressed.

Awwww Come on LOL. I know you at least thought there was a little bit of brain in there. LOL even if It was just my body You wanted 😂

9 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Awwww Come on LOL. I know you at least thought there was a little bit of brain in there. LOL even if It was just my body You wanted 😂

I know there is a hell of a brain in there, but I still want your body.😏😎

9 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

I'm totally serious. Your amazing, body and mind.:)

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

Do Not Twist, Do not Rotate your lower half. Please Square Your body to make Movements for the first few weeks while getting Up and Down

^This^ is the type of response which make this such a great community.

(Not enough rep points available for your post!)

Send a PM to Candy-O... she has some experience in what you mentioned. I have a hunch she will give you some good info. If not...sorry.

7 hours ago, Chrissy said:

THANKS!!  I really appreciate your insights.  I’m also out of rep points, but you are the best!   I will take it easy and heed your advice.  

You're lucky (sort of, I suppose).  I went to the bone doctor expecting to be told surgery.  But he told me instead that I had an inflamed backside cheek muscle that was squeezing my sciatica and now I have to exercise and stretch my cheek muscles every morning for an hour and half for the rest of my life to avoid the hip pain.   Sigh.

17 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

I have actually had both done.  I followed the rehab and PT programs and after my first one, I was back subbing on my bowling team in 7 weeks.  I also did some casual bike rides too.  They did the anterior method and was told, the limitations were much less restricting than the other.   Best thing I ever did!!  I am hearing some actually do it as an out patient procedure.  They went to surgery in the AM and post surgery/recovery, once they were able to pee, they were released, and was home by dinner.  Good luck!

Edited by EBKAC
Added a final comment

2 hours ago, EBKAC said:

I have actually had both done.  I followed the rehab and PT programs and after my first one, I was back subbing on my bowling team in 7 weeks.  I also did some casual bike rides too.  They did the anterior method and was told, the limitations were much less restricting than the other.   Best thing I ever did!!  I am hearing some actually do it as an out patient procedure.  They went to surgery in the AM and post surgery/recovery, once they were able to pee, they were released, and was home by dinner.  Good luck!

Agree, it's not a big deal. if you really need it done it's a wonderful improvement. 

5 hours ago, Milos Vesely said:

You're lucky (sort of, I suppose).  I went to the bone doctor expecting to be told surgery.  But he told me instead that I had an inflamed backside cheek muscle that was squeezing my sciatica and now I have to exercise and stretch my cheek muscles every morning for an hour and half for the rest of my life to avoid the hip pain.   Sigh.

Sorry to hear that.  On top of the surgery  I also have an issue I got in high school that causes similar sciatic problems...  I too, have to do stretching and exercises every day.  I feel your pain. 

5 hours ago, EBKAC said:

Thanks!  I’m doing the Anterior approach too.  Hoping it’ll be similar to yours.   Apparently my other side is a couple years behind but likely.  

I've had both replaced - 10 yrs ago.  That was when they did them from the side.  I was back at work in 4 weeks - you just have to take it slow and watch the restrictions in range of motion - I certainly never felt "as good as new", but I felt a lot better than before.  

Probably only need a week before you can lie still and let the magic happen :D

21 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Get a Body Pillow ASAP! 

Hmmm.  Where can I find a Chrissy-shaped body pillow???  😁😘😍

3 hours ago, eatu55 said:

Probably only need a week before you can lie still and let the magic happen :D

Hoping!

23 minutes ago, CountryGentleman said:

Hmmm.  Where can I find a Chrissy-shaped body pillow???  😁😘😍

Amazon @ $29.99 each Only Two colors available 😂

20 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

Thanks!  I’m doing the Anterior approach too.  Hoping it’ll be similar to yours.   Apparently my other side is a couple years behind but likely.  

Good luck!!  I’m sure it will be fine.  I hear hips are way easier than knee replacements....just stick to the program and you will be back before you know it.  Be sure to report progress here!

On 12/14/2018 at 2:14 PM, CountryGentleman said:

Good thoughts to you sweetheart and hope you return to the naked salsa soon!

I have never experienced fortunately, so no beneficial info here, but I do want to wish you a very speedy recovery. :)  Sometimes just laying there is very nice (with the right lady)

three years ago had a hip replaced anterior procedure and I was back to work in four weeks, At my job I am on my feet all day.  six weeks after surgery I was back at gym working out.  very few restriction the most important one was not to fall.  In fact in February I go to have the other hip replaced, six months after last hip they replace my knee, recovery from that was 5 weeks and back to work.  Good luck 

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

I have never experienced fortunately, so no beneficial info here, but I do want to wish you a very speedy recovery. :)  Sometimes just laying there is very nice (with the right lady)

That’s my plan!!

Had both knees replaced last year two months apart in 2017. My doc told me I would hate him for the first month but would love him thereafter.  I love my doc.  Best thing I ever did!   I wouldn't give it a second thought if you need to have it done.