TheFinerThings

Taking a break...for now.

31 posts in this topic

There’s nothing like staring your own mortality in the face to get you to thinking.  I recently had this meeting.  I’m happy to say I am fortunate to have good doctors who were able to diagnose and treat the issue early, so I should make a full recovery and be back to my old self...good or bad.  That said, an incident like this makes one rethink ones priorities.  

I have met some wonderful ladies here and have had some good conversation with some of the gentlemen of tob and I do not regret a minute of it.  But in light of recent events, I am choosing to take a step back from the hobby and focus on my health and the things that make a difference in this world.  

I want to thank all the wonderful ladies who made my time here so enjoyable and apologize to the ones who I have contacted but not had the chance to meet yet.  Please be patient with me and accept my call/message if and when I return.  My best to you all and I wish you all the Merriest Christmas holiday season.

Be safe out there! 

Ryan (TFT)

You've been such a pleasure. I hope everything will be okay for you health wise. I really enjoyed your comments on the board, and our time and our conversations. Please know, you can always reach out to me anytime...if you're hobbying or just want to check in. Please take care. Much Love to you always, Hunter 🤗💋

PS. Maybe this means you can finally catch up on Better Call Saul 😉

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

Wish you all the best and a return to the health that you would like to have we are often faced with staring at our own mortality or that of the ones we love not sure which is worse certainly would like to spend some time with the one I loved. Take care of yourself and do always what's best for you

Do you , Enjoy You, then come back Full Force to play out the rest of your days with Your Unfinished Bucket list! Good luck 😘

33 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

You've been such a pleasure. I hope everything will be okay for you health wise. I really enjoyed your comments on the board, and our time and our conversations. Please know, you can always reach out to me anytime...if you're hobbying or just want to check in. Please take care. Much Love to you always, Hunter 🤗💋

PS. Maybe this means you can finally catch up on Better Call Saul 😉

Hunter, the pleasure has been all mine.  You are truly one of the most amazing women I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in or out of the hobby.  One regret in all this is not having gotten together with you more often, but I’ll never consider that out of the question.  In the meantime, I’ll start working on Better Call Saul.  You’re the best! 😘

17 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Do you , Enjoy You, then come back Full Force to play out the rest of your days with Your Unfinished Bucket list! Good luck 😘

Thanks, Chrissy.  Sounds like a good plan.  I’m still young enough that I should have a lot of days to play out...and that’s a good thing because my unfinished bucket list is still pretty long.  

Fortunately this was just an eye opener and I should be good as new fairly soon. 

Best of luck with your health and new priorities. Is been a pleasure seeing your posts around here. You will be missed on the forum and I'm sure by many ladies. 

Best of luck with everything and check back in every now and then just to say hi

TFT, take care if #1 first.  We’ll be here when you’re ready.  ‘Til then be strong.

Take care of yourself.  Your priority #1 has to be you.

God willing, we will all be here when you come back.

3 hours ago, TheFinerThings said:

There’s nothing like staring your own mortality in the face to get you to thinking.  I recently had this meeting.  I’m happy to say I am fortunate to have good doctors who were able to diagnose and treat the issue early, so I should make a full recovery and be back to my old self...good or bad.  That said, an incident like this makes one rethink ones priorities.  

I have met some wonderful ladies here and have had some good conversation with some of the gentlemen of tob and I do not regret a minute of it.  But in light of recent events, I am choosing to take a step back from the hobby and focus on my health and the things that make a difference in this world.  

I want to thank all the wonderful ladies who made my time here so enjoyable and apologize to the ones who I have contacted but not had the chance to meet yet.  Please be patient with me and accept my call/message if and when I return.  My best to you all and I wish you all the Merriest Christmas holiday season.

Be safe out there! 

Ryan (TFT)

Very best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery, TheFinerThings.  You were indeed one of the finer ones on the board.  Always room to return!

Please, take care of yourself. We'll miss you, until you return! ;)

3 hours ago, TheFinerThings said:

Be safe out there! 

Ryan (TFT)

TFT I wish you nothing but the BEST. I have had a pretty awesome conversation with you and I wanted you to know that you will be missed around here..................................I must warn you, its pretty tough to stay away my friend, so I am expecting you back .........

I've always enjoyed your perspectives and posts, take of yourself and hope to see you back when you're ready! It's been a pleasure!

You are a gentleman and a scholar and you will be missed, and I wish you the best for a speedy recovery, we will be here, when you decide you are ready to return.

Please take care!  Never neglect your health.  My dad will be gone by the end of this week. It is a blessing for him. His quality of life is no more.

Life is precious enjoy it wherever you are and go and do! XO

Just get better and don't let this crap get ya down. Get that f ing bucket list completed . You still got hell to raise and ladies to doo.;););););););)

Your right, looking your own mortality in the face is sobering ... But here is one thing that really helped me through a serious illness a few years back. I never once entertained the the thought that it could kill me.  I knew it was possible, just not to me.  So even when the medication makes you feel like death already came to you .... keep your attitude above ground  Good , healthy optimism is sometimes the best medicine one can have.  And stop by here once in awhile and let us know how your doing.  Good luck sir🍀☘️

Edited by Jez UaBriain

Glad you are taking care of yourself.  You deserve it.  And hope you are able to have some fun along as you recover.  Sending you best wishes with healing thoughts.

Take care of yourself sweet man and all the best to you😘

Take care Ryan....It certainly has been a pleasure and honor getting to know you here and may you have a speedy recovery and return to 100% health soon....May your travels in life take you to all the interesting places you will enjoy and may you have the health, wealth and happiness to completely enjoy the years you have remaining and maybe one day we all shall all have the pleasure of meeting in another place and time....

8 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Your right, looking your own mortality in the face is sobering ... But here is one thing that really helped me through a serious illness a few years back. I never once entertained the the thought that it could kill me.  I knew it was possible, just not to me.  So even when the medication makes you feel like death already came to you .... keep your attitude above ground  Good , healthy optimism is sometimes the best medicine one can have.  And stop by here once in awhile and let us know how your doing.  Good luck sir🍀☘️

Thank you Jez.  I was a lurker for a long time before joining tob, so I am somewhat familiar with what you endured.  Let me say that you are my hero and a true rock star. I was always impressed with the attitude you put forward during a time that quite honestly sucked.  Kudos, girl!  

My journey back to health will be a walk in the park compared to yours. Thank you again for being an inspiration to so many.

https://goo.gl/images/DMLGZh

Wow!  Ladies and gents, I’m touched at the response and support you’ve all given me.  

I feel that I should share a bit of the story.  In the scheme of things, this could have been a lot worse, but by the grace of God it wasn’t. That said, when you wake up at four in the morning with intense chest pain and unable to take a deep breath, you fear the worst.  In my case, I have a blood clot in my shoulder and a very small piece broke free and landed in my lung.  I am fortunate to live minutes from an ambulance station and a great hospital so with the help of some amazing medical professionals I am here to tell the story. But like I stated in my first post, it definitely makes you think about everything.

My path to recovery is relatively simple, so I am blessed.  I’ll be on blood thinners for a while and as long as this wasn’t caused by an underlying issue, I’ll be good as new in a few months.  My physicians best guess is that this was caused by an impact I took on my shoulder a few weeks back...probably caused damage to the veins.  

Again, thank you all for the amazing support and well wishes.  Way more than I expected.

Best of luck on the recovery, I am certain there are some amazing ladies waiting for your return.

Everyone dies.  Not everyone lives. 

You are living, my friend, and need to keep it up, ladies to meet, nuts to bust, things to do.  Up and at-em as soon as possible.