cgrey109

Discretion as the better part of valour... (or why reviews should remain vague)

8 posts in this topic

I just had a review rejected. The note said: "Please resubmit the review with more details in the experience field..." This post is not an attempt to complain about administration or policy, but rather to raise a voice in favour of discretion in our activities.

I had written in rather vague terms about my experience; about the hospitality of my hostess; how it was not rushed, and altogether very pleasant. I'd imagine that most gentlemen would understand what that meant, without the need for details, especially all those acronyms folks like to bandy about. If more details are desired, I feel that's the place for a more private exchange between interested parties (as I have had in the past). The short period earlier this year when the details field was disabled was a step in the right direction, in my opinion, and I would hope to caution ladies to be more circumspect in their ads.

My underlying apprehension is that with explicit ads and explicit reviews, it's becoming awful hard to make any attempt at plausible deniability, and that we're giving certain people all the information needed to shut this site down. I have heard tell that tob is getting attention; the kind we'd like to avoid. CL and BP started out vaguely enough...

Perhaps I'm reading things wrong, but I really don't feel comfortable "giving up the juicy details" - not just for my sake or safety - but because I really believe it would be better for tob.

I'd like to read what others feel about this issue.

One of my clients had a review of myself and another provider rejected for that reason. I hear you guys talking about it, but I've never actually seen what you tried to post that was rejected. I'm always curious to know, what is enough, and what is not enough. My client never shared the review with me, so I'm clueless. I don't feel like my reviews are very graphic at all, so for one of them to be rejected for not enough, it must have been pretty bland. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, cgrey109 said:

I just had a review rejected. The note said: "Please resubmit the review with more details in the experience field..." This post is not an attempt to complain about administration or policy, but rather to raise a voice in favour of discretion in our activities.

I had written in rather vague terms about my experience; about the hospitality of my hostess; how it was not rushed, and altogether very pleasant. I'd imagine that most gentlemen would understand what that meant, without the need for details, especially all those acronyms folks like to bandy about. If more details are desired, I feel that's the place for a more private exchange between interested parties (as I have had in the past). The short period earlier this year when the details field was disabled was a step in the right direction, in my opinion, and I would hope to caution ladies to be more circumspect in their ads.

My underlying apprehension is that with explicit ads and explicit reviews, it's becoming awful hard to make any attempt at plausible deniability, and that we're giving certain people all the information needed to shut this site down. I have heard tell that tob is getting attention; the kind we'd like to avoid. CL and BP started out vaguely enough...

Perhaps I'm reading things wrong, but I really don't feel comfortable "giving up the juicy details" - not just for my sake or safety - but because I really believe it would be better for tob.

I'd like to read what others feel about this issue.

C Grey it would have helped if you had posted the review that you wrote then we could have given you better advice. But based off of what you have stated, you wrote it in rather vague terms and what it sounds like to me is that they wanted a better understanding of what you were trying to be vague about. If I were you, I would have asked the mods to clarify the reason they rejected it, this way you will know exactly what not to duplicate the next time you write a review. I read a lot of reviews that are pretty basic and don't include juicy details. It goes to show that TOB Mods are WORKING DAY and NIGHT........................

3 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

One of my clients had a review of myself and another provider rejected for that reason. I hear you guys talking about it, but I've never actually seen what you tried to post that was rejected. I'm always curious to know, what is enough, and what is not enough. My client never shared the review with me, so I'm clueless. I don't feel like my reviews are very graphic at all, so for one of them to be rejected for not enough, it must have been pretty bland. 🤷‍♀️

She was there, I was there, then I wasn't there anymore.  I would see her again. :D

cGrey109 you're making a case for fewer details, because that's what you prefer. Clearly, it's not want the moderators want.

You either add detail, or the review doesn't post. Those are your two choices.

Personally, I don't think it matters to LE. They didn't close this board when the reviews were much more explicit. If they decide to do something, I don't think review detail will make any difference.

Nobody has gone after individual reviewers, or providers, so far. Just board owners/administrators, and very few of those. 

5 hours ago, boink36 said:

She was there, I was there, then boink was some how there, then I wasn't there anymore.  I would see her and boink again. :D

Fixed for ya 😂

If your review is rejected for not enough details, just step it up notch, and try again. 💖

On 12/9/2018 at 0:42 AM, Savoir Faire said:

C Grey it would have helped if you had posted the review that you wrote then we could have given you better advice. But based off of what you have stated, you wrote it in rather vague terms and what it sounds like to me is that they wanted a better understanding of what you were trying to be vague about. If I were you, I would have asked the mods to clarify the reason they rejected it, this way you will know exactly what not to duplicate the next time you write a review. I read a lot of reviews that are pretty basic and don't include juicy details. It goes to show that TOB Mods are WORKING DAY and NIGHT........................

Posting a review on the forum is not allowed. posting a review on the forum that has already been denied can generate a ban from the site. In the future I would suggest knowing the site rules before making a post like this.