tide32

What we have here

40 posts in this topic

IS I A FAILUER TO COMMUNICATE. Why don't people just talk to eachother any more. The other day, my granddaughter said "papaw, how can you just talk to anyone". I said "why not".

Is it a generational thing. Is the younger generation loosing the ability to communicate, just so wraped up in themselves, they don't notice the world around them. In this hobby, isn't that the most important ingredient. What's wrong with having fifty  bollion,  potential friends.

Shit, I'm even kind of fond of Boink.;)

Sorry not really related but remind me of one of my fav songs.  Listen to the first words

44 minutes ago, tide32 said:

IS I A FAILUER TO COMMUNICATE. Why don't people just talk to eachother any more. The other day, my granddaughter said "papaw, how can you just talk to anyone". I said "why not".

Is it a generational thing. Is the younger generation loosing the ability to communicate, just so wraped up in themselves, they don't notice the world around them. In this hobby, isn't that the most important ingredient. What's wrong with having fifty  bollion,  potential friends.

Maybe it's a personality thing. I talk to everyone like they're family. Lol. My daughters communicate well with everyone they meet. My son doesn't communicate with people very well. People are different.

51 minutes ago, tide32 said:

You could tell her that you HAVE to talk to people, your spelling, while not incomprehensible(and I sometimes suspect intentional), is bad enough that written communication is obviously not your forte.

Fu-------------tanks for the advice. I hate this Ipod. :P

2 hours ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

You could tell her that you HAVE to talk to people, your spelling, while not incomprehensible(and I sometimes suspect intentional), is bad enough that written communication is obviously not your forte.

I've never tried forte, but I hear it's good on crackers.

Tide, I adore you and I always enjoy your posts.😘

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Maybe it's a personality thing. I talk to everyone like they're family. Lol. My daughters communicate well with everyone they meet. My son doesn't communicate with people very well. People are different.

Personally, I’m an introvert and often just stand there without talking at all.   Two of my kids are the exact opposite and the other is like me.   I wish every day that I was better at that.   

I've got that introvert/extrovert thing going on. I skip a lot of parties and large gatherings, and do better more with one one or small groups. When I do go, I kind of never know which side is going to show up. Sometimes I do well, and I talk to everyone, and some times I feel awkward, and kinda slip out the back door. Lol. I really like the quiet ones though. 😘

16 minutes ago, CountryGentleman said:

Personally, I’m an introvert and often just stand there without talking at all.   Two of my kids are the exact opposite and the other is like me.   I wish every day that I was better at that.   

@tide32 I'm with you in that I really dont give a shit if anyone is annoyed with my grammatical and punctuation errors. It's actually a guilty pleasure of mine. 😂

9 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I've got that introvert/extrovert thing going on. I skip a lot of parties and large gatherings, and do better more with one one or small groups. When I do go, I kind of never know which side is going to show up. Sometimes I do well, and I talk to everyone, and some times I feel awkward, and kinda slip out the back door. Lol. I really like the quiet ones though. 😘

My kindred spirit. One on one or small groups and I'm great, large parties not so much, I usually find another person or small group to latch too so it feels like a small party. Large parties where I don't know anyone, forget it, I'm a wall flower until I can sneak out. 

1 minute ago, K2dnvrfun said:

My kindred spirit. One on one or small groups and I'm great, large parties not so much, I usually find another person or small group to latch too so it feels like a small party. Large parties where I don't know anyone, forget it, I'm a wall flower until I can sneak out. 

If I don't know anyone, I'm just not going. I'm a pussy. 😋

22 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

What are you trying to do?  I’m already having trouble sleeping!!  

😳🥰😍😘. 

Edited by CountryGentleman

50 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

If I don't know anyone, I'm just not going. I'm a pussy. 😋

That's the best ones to go to. Youll probably will never see these people again so there's nothing to worry about.

Just be you and have a blast. Take Laci with ya and we can watch it on the evening news. :P

Just now, tide32 said:

That's the best ones to go to. Youll probably will never see these people again so there's nothing to worry about.

Just be you and have a blast. Take Laci with ya and we can watch it on the evening news. :P

It just doesn't sound like a fun time. Being myself in the evening time is cooking, crocheting, reading, watching shows, maybe going out to dinner with my family or friends. I'm honestly quite boring in my real life, and a homebody and a loner, and I like it. 💙😊

I've tried to live my life one way. What ya see, is what ya get.  If you haven't pissed someone off, made someone laigh, had someone love you or had someone hat you. Your not reaching your full potential. Okay, and installed speelcheck on your IPak

44 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It just doesn't sound like a fun time. Being myself in the evening time is cooking, crocheting, reading, watching shows, maybe going out to dinner with my family or friends. I'm honestly quite boring in my real life, and a homebody and a loner, and I like it. 💙😊

Then hell, take 2TWIG. I bet he can clear a room in no time.

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Why do I have the feeling you make crocheting look sexy. :P

6 hours ago, tide32 said:

Why do I have the feeling you make crocheting look sexy. :P

Sometimes, I'm really naughty and crochet in the nude, but mostly in my jammies 😋

4 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Sometimes, I'm really naughty and crochet in the nude, but mostly in my jammies 😋

Great, now I will have the image of you crocheting nude stuck in my head all day.

Hunter I am certain you look sexy in anything you wear even when your crocheting....and especially in the nude....

10 hours ago, tide32 said:

But I’m so shy and quiet...nothing to see here.😊

5 minutes ago, Laci French said:

This statement definitely came before the scotch....😂😂😂 miss you mamabear!!

8 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Your nose is growing 😁

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

17 hours ago, tide32 said:

When I was a kid I used to get so embarrassed when my mom would just start a conversation with a random stranger.  I couldn't understand why she always did it and I would just walk away or turn around.  Now as an adult who works with the public and has personal interactions with clients for business, I find it's an invaluable tool to possess.  Being able to comfortably chat with a complete stranger and engage them is a great skill.  It says something about your confidence and you ability to relate to people who may be nothing like you.  I'm grateful for those embarrassing moments with my mom, she taught me something that just took a while to sink in and use in my own life. 

4 hours ago, pfunk said:

My take on looking at millennials as though they have many shortcomings is that they were raised by the people in my generation.  So they blame lies with us.  

Me too!:eek:

4 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Me too!:eek:

Every one needs to make note of this in case they get a crocheted item from Tide for Christmas! :eek: :D