oldertruckguy-9225

TOB Fantasy? I wonder

43 posts in this topic

Have any of the gentlemen of TOB ever gotten together for a beer?  I have, over the past several months, enjoyed reading and  responding to clever, thoughtful, insightful and fun posts by certain gentleman persona on TOB.  In their post and responses I find a constant theme of kindness, caring, thoughtfulness and respect, not just for the ladies and TOB, but, for the same values I hold. I have thought on more then one occasion, hey, we could probably enjoy a beer. I know, pretty far out there. I am sure several will tell me this is not a good idea. But I can't help, at times,  be curious about what is really behind the avatar. In a couple of cases I think it might be worth finding out. And this is pretty much just me musing on a  lazy Friday morning.

There used to be parties all of time a few years back.  I have fallen out of the loop, so I don't know

if some parties still exist or not. Some great times  tho!

Edited by jrock-6122

I don't think it is a bad idea at all. I have been in real world contact with some other members of this board and had no issues at all. Obviously the hobby is not the only thing some of us have in common. 

I have met several members of this board, I have found them to be a great bunch of individuals. Its a great idea.

I will say I was pm’d once by a new member wanting to meet irl and discuss this and ladies.  I politely declined it seemed a bit off to me.  As we’ve often stated with sessions ymmv so it wasn’t something I felt comfortable doing (meeting and sharing details).  Maybe just me being overly cautious and private.

Edited by JAGCS
Misspelling

I have heard some of the gals have a “social”every now and then. In fact I was invited and did not go. From my understanding a lot of the guys have gone. Would I want to meet some of the guys on the forum, yep Im in.

It would be nice to hear specifics about providers from a clients point of view. Gaining information is what makes the process here so delightful.

I have made many friends here all the way from Denver to Ft. Collins.  Met numerous times for coffee, lunch at Twin Peaks, etc.,  or just have a beer. It may seem awkward at first but, after all, we have something in common and lots to talk about. You would be surprised how many of us are here because of a similar situation.

Heck, I would even like to have a beer with 2Big. Now that would be a hoot.

15 minutes ago, inkspot said:

I have made many friends here all the way from Denver to Ft. Collins.  Met numerous times for coffee, lunch at Twin Peaks, etc.,  or just have a beer. It may seem awkward at first but, after all, we have something in common and lots to talk about. You would be surprised how many of us are here because of a similar situation.

Heck, I would even like to have a beer with 2Big. Now that would be a hoot.

2Big is real?

3 hours ago, acmb2017 said:

I don't think it is a bad idea at all. I have been in real world contact with some other members of this board and had no issues at all. Obviously the hobby is not the only thing some of us have in common. 

acmb, like you, I've had some real world contact with some of the folks from the board and every interaction has been good.  At first, I was hesitant, but then figured, "Why not?"  I'm unattached and pretty open.  My biggest fear was that I would be seen like, "What's HE doing here....He's old, short, wears glasses and is not 'hip, slick or cool'."  What I discovered was that there were a variety of great people who participate in our community from a lot of walks of life.  I've met some  interesting people who are open about enjoying some of the pleasures of life.  And we know we have at least one thing in common....we like to have fun of the horizontal variety....lots of fun !!  ;):)

57 minutes ago, hornyoldtoad said:

2Big is real?

Not sure.:( He's kinda like a Hemorrhoid. Things start looking good and he flaires up.B)

1 hour ago, tide32 said:

Not sure.:( He's kinda like a Hemorrhoid. Things start looking good and he flaires up.B)

Now that is some funny sh*t!!!! 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, JAGCS said:

I will say I was pm’d once by a new member wanting to meet irl and discuss this and ladies.  I politely declined it seemed a bit off to me.  As we’ve often stated with sessions ymmv so it wasn’t something I felt comfortable doing (meeting and sharing details).  Maybe just me being overly cautious and private.

But, but, but....   we can still go on our motorcycle ride, can’t we? :unsure:

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

But, but, but....   we can still go on our motorcycle ride, can’t we? :unsure:

I didn’t mean that new!  And yes we still can only if I can sit in back! 🏍

21 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Have any of the gentlemen of TOB ever gotten together for a beer?  I have, over the past several months, enjoyed reading and  responding to clever, thoughtful, insightful and fun posts by certain gentleman persona on TOB....

Yes, besides socials, have had had several members at bars, dinners and golf.   As shared above, this community brings us together, but we members also share outside interests. 

BTW, I'm always up for golf dates!

4 minutes ago, BigBaldBlk said:

Yes, besides socials, have had had several members at bars, dinners and golf.   As shared above, this community brings us together, but we members also share outside interests. 

BTW, I'm always up for golf dates!

Golf this coming summer BBB!

As long as my back doesn’t eff up again

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I wasn’t such a terrible golfer! Put me in the hackers foursome.

23 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Have any of the gentlemen of TOB ever gotten together for a beer?  I have, over the past several months, enjoyed reading and  responding to clever, thoughtful, insightful and fun posts by certain gentleman persona on TOB.  In their post and responses I find a constant theme of kindness, caring, thoughtfulness and respect, not just for the ladies and TOB, but, for the same values I hold. I have thought on more then one occasion, hey, we could probably enjoy a beer. I know, pretty far out there. I am sure several will tell me this is not a good idea. But I can't help, at times,  be curious about what is really behind the avatar. In a couple of cases I think it might be worth finding out. And this is pretty much just me musing on a  lazy Friday morning.

Hmmm🤔 I believe you got an invite to something similar before.🙄

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

You haven’t been walking my dogs with lately so your back should be just fine😂

This is really a great idea for you gentlemen...maybe poker.

23 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Yes, sounds like fun. Liquor in the front and poker in the rear.

did someone say golf?

heading south to play golf tomorrow...

me likey:)

Golf? Is that a good walk with a cigar interrupted by folks yelling, “Fore!”

🤣

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

We need to walk the dogs.  I’ll take the scrapes and scars😂😂

2 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Golf? Is that a good walk with a cigar interrupted by folks yelling, “Fore!”

🤣

Of course it is.  I might even get a kilt and where it the way it should be worn😂😂

15 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Of course it is.  I might even get a kilt and where it the way it should be worn😂😂

Don’t forget the Blue Ribbon 🤪

6 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

4 hours ago, Laci French said:

We’ll ask Laci to drive the cart for us 

I have not forgotten Lacie. I am still grateful for that invite. The only reason I chose not to attend was I got a request from my granddaughter to help with an after school project on that same day. I was disappointed I could not attend. Please do not hold that against me. 

My thoughts for this occasion are a guy only get together. Could be a private residence. Could  be a local neighborhood tavern, especially the first time. Nothing big, certainly nothing formal. Like I said I have seen posts from certain guys that lead me to believe we have a lot in common. I think have figured out several who live in the Springs. Hoping to determine a few more. Guess it is time to quit just posting and  start PMing and see who is interested. And this goes hand in hand with most Tides recent post. We miss opportunities to make new friends by never moving beyond the social media screen.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Laci French said:

Hmmm🤔 I believe you got an invite to something similar before.🙄

3 hours ago, YourmyfavoriteASP said:

My neighbor is in the hobby. He doesn't know I'm in the hobby.  I've debated to bring up our mutual enjoyments.

Just out of morbid curiosity, how did you discover he is without him discovering you are?