airamericavet65

Pearl Harbor

13 posts in this topic

God speed to all our military and their  families, and our first responders.😍😍

Ya gotta visit the USS. ARIZONA, to get the full impact. I dare you, not to shed a tear

Sure, you can say whatever you want, and so can 2Big, thanks to all the men and women who put their lives on the line to defend us, and the Bill of Rights.

My dad always hated Pearl Harbor Day, as well as VE and VJ Day, because he hated the war.  Later in life he realized that all the Japanese he bombed, maimed and killed were just folks like him, and he never got over it.  We never even found all of his medals until after he died.  Sure, we can remember Pearl Harbor, but we should do so with a sense of mourning for lives lost on both sides of the Pacific and the costs of war.

Many of us and many more of our fathers served. I am proud to be associated with the most of the people on this board who CARE.

It was 25 years after my Dad’s death before I found his medal citation. (B-17s Europe). Scary shit !!!

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Sure, you can say whatever you want, and so can 2Big, thanks to all the men and women who put their lives on the line to defend us, and the Bill of Rights.

My dad always hated Pearl Harbor Day, as well as VE and VJ Day, because he hated the war.  Later in life he realized that all the Japanese he bombed, maimed and killed were just folks like him, and he never got over it.  We never even found all of his medals until after he died.  Sure, we can remember Pearl Harbor, but we should do so with a sense of mourning for lives lost on both sides of the Pacific and the costs of war.

My father served in the Pacific during the war.  He was shipped out of Pearl Harbor (I think to Australia or the Phillipines, but would have to check his service record) about 30 days prior to the attack.  While I was growing up he talked about the service, but did not talk about the war.  I found it interesting that in the 1960's the company he was working for had him interact with a Japanese company they were doing business with.  My father never said a bad word about people from Japan (though he was bigoted and prejudiced about many other ethnicities and cultures).  I was never able to figure him out.

Pearl Harbor day makes me sad in a number of ways and for a number of reasons.  And because my father served for 20 years, I always honor days like Pearl Harbor day.

I have removed all of the off topic hijacking posts from this thread. I'm a little surprised a thread intended to remember and honor our heroes  past and  present would be treated that way. 

3 minutes ago, boink36 said:

I have removed all of the off topic hijacking posts from this thread. I'm a little surprised a thread intended to remember and honor our heroes  past and  present would be treated that way. 

THANK YOU BOINK.;)

being a former member of the services I do remember this day and veterans day and memorial day and July 4th.  My dad served and was in Iwo Jima.  He never talked about it though but I know it weighed heavily on him.  He was so kind and gentle I do not know how he survived that.  I miss Him!!!!

33 minutes ago, boink36 said:

Kudos to you Boink

2 hours ago, boink36 said:

Thank you