tide32

GOODBYE GEORGE.

25 posts in this topic

We lost another President and good man. He was a good husband, father and grandfather and on. I didn't think he would last long after his wife. When you're with someone for 73 years it's got to be hell without them.

RIP GEORGE. ;););) And best wishes to the family.

George H.W. Bush was one of the finest presidents we ever had.

And as being a man, he was great human being and truly cared about this country and the people in it.  

We should strive to live up to his standards.

Edited by ilovewomen

He was a truly kind and gracious man was nice to the little people around him as well as working with those with opposite views had the pleasure many years ago when he was VP thought at that time he would have made a good president. Peace be with his family knowing he's with his love

I was young and liberal when he held the office so I didn’t particularly like his platform.  He had my complete respect, however. I always knew, without question, that he was duly elected and served the good people of the United States. I sure wish I could say the same about our leader today. Rest In Peace Mr President.

Wow! I had to sit back and think when he was in office.. Happy Happy times growing up! Wish All presidents held his Values.. RIP good man

1 hour ago, LightningP said:

I was young and liberal when he held the office so I didn’t particularly like his platform.  He had my complete respect, however. I always knew, without question, that he was duly elected and served the good people of the United States. I sure wish I could say the same about our leader today. Rest In Peace Mr President.

We have a leader today.:confused:

This says everything Broke my heart.

I may not have always agreed with his politics, but I respected him as President and as a good man.  He could compromise when necessary.  He listened to differing viewpoints without attacking.  He brought a sense of civility and fair play to the game of politics.  And a genuine desire to be of service.  I felt a sense of loss, in a few ways, at his passing.  I know I am an old guy and the old guard are passing away.  I wish our political world could find a way for people to disagree without personal or belittling attacks.  I wish there was more of a genuine desire to listen to differing opinions and finding ways to reach common goals (with those ways not being perfect, but better than moving away from real goals).  Today's political world could use a George H.W. Bush...a man of principle, character and service.

True words spoken Average1, thanks.  And wouldn’t it be nice if Walter Kronkite still did the nightly news.  No BS, no fake news just the way it happened.   PS I know your age group. 😁

15 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

True words spoken Average1, thanks.  And wouldn’t it be nice if Walter Kronkite still did the nightly news.  No BS, no fake news just the way it happened.   PS I know your age group. 😁

Corporate sponsors would never let that happen.

8 hours ago, tide32 said:

We have a leader today.:confused:

23 hours ago, tide32 said:

This says everything Broke my heart.

Just crushing to see that dog laying there😭

So wonderful Sully will go be a support dog at Walter Reed for wounded soldiers. 

Sully even has an Instagram page😂

On 12/3/2018 at 11:26 AM, LightningP said:

I was very liberal as well. I truly respected the things he stood for as a President. He never walked on the people who didn't share his values ans strove to become a "bridge" between the parties. How we could use his wisdom now.

RIP to the last great President.

George H. W. Bush was a president who truly cared about his fellow man and not just himself and he understood what a privilege it was to be President of the United States.

I tend to lean more to the conservative side of the fence, especially where fiscal policy is concerned.  I am an independent and consider the far right and the far left equally as dangerous to the well being of the country.  Unfortunately there are too many of each holding office today and they are so entrenched in their ideology that dialogue and compromise are not an option...hence, nothing gets done.  

All that said, as a country we need to return to a time of respect for differing opinions before we tear ourselves apart.  The following clip aired over the weekend on 60 minutes.  It’s Bill Clinton reading a letter that George Bush left in the Oval Office for him.  This is exactly the kind of respect we all need to show.

RIP President Bush.  Job well done.

34 minutes ago, TheFinerThings said:

I tend to lean more to the conservative side of the fence, especially where fiscal policy is concerned.  I am an independent and consider the far right and the far left equally as dangerous to the well being of the country.  Unfortunately there are too many of each holding office today and they are so entrenched in their ideology that dialogue and compromise are not an option...hence, nothing gets done.  

All that said, as a country we need to return to a time of respect for differing opinions before we tear ourselves apart.  The following clip aired over the weekend on 60 minutes.  It’s Bill Clinton reading a letter that George Bush left in the Oval Office for him.  This is exactly the kind of respect we all need to show.

RIP President Bush.  Job well done.

Goes to show everyone the class that he had.

8 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Goes to show everyone the class that he had.

While Im talking about Presidents who has class, there is another recent president who had class.

I didn’t necessarily agree with his politics but Barack Obama had class.

I’m shocked to hear myself say that 😳

6 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

While Im talking about Presidents who has class, there is another recent president who had class.

I didn’t necessarily agree with his politics but Barack Obama had class.

I’m shocked to hear myself say that 😳

I’m with you my friend.  I disagreed with a lot of his policy (not all), but have a ton of respect for the man.  He’s the kind of guy I’d love to sit down with, have a beer and a good long conversation.

Just don’t get me started on the affordable care act...good idea in principle, but never carried out properly.  When healthcare premiums become more than your mortgage (truth), I fail to see the affordability in that.  But alas, that’s best kept for a different thread.

I knew it wouldn't be to long right after his love! Rest in peace Mr.President! Your duties have been filled.

I was fortunate enough to be able to watch his service...with my little box of Kleenex of course. Lol. 

It was a beautiful and touching service. I hope those of you who weren't able to watch because of work, have it DVRd for later. It was a heartwarming send off.  Proud American here. ❤

Rest in Peace Mr. President 

Oh, and funny. Loved the stories and laughter. 😊

28 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Oh, and funny. Loved the stories and laughter. 😊

That is what a celebration of life should be, fun with great stories and lasting memories. 

Yes, I didn't agree with some of the policies he instituted but at least we felt that the man in the Oval Office was decent and cared for all Americans regardless of their financial statements.  Bush also was willing to go back against his own campaign promises when he saw it was for the good of the country.  Now we have had other wonderful and decent Presidents since his day.  I would put Obama in that category.  Go look at the new videos of him hugging kids and handing out food to poor people for Thanksgiving.   And then there's Michelle, can't get much better than her.  I wish she would run but she's too smart to have to take the shims and arrows to get elected.   There's also Jimmy Carter that preceded Bush.  I'm not sure there's been a better former President who has done so much to promote peace and democracy in the world.  I had the privilege of working with him on a Habitat for Humanity build in Denver years ago.  He is still at it at what ever his age his, I think he approaching 94.   He was at the funeral today and it shows that there's still a strong sentiment for bipartisanship.  I was moved seeing all the living presidents sitting together to honor HW.