tide32

WTF KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

47 posts in this topic

I think many of you missed my point.  As drunk is not an excuse for this one incident and warrants a career end....how the hell does the NFL, Fox Sports, and any fan justify Vick's return to play and being a commentator? He committed multiple felonies over years and was stone sober. However.....considering the standard 6 game suspension which is a precedent, Hunt will be back...just not for KC.

2 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

I think many of you missed my point.  As drunk is not an excuse for this one incident and warrants a career end....how the hell does the NFL, Fox Sports, and any fan justify Vick's return to play and being a commentator? He committed multiple felonies over years and was stone sober. However.....considering the standard 6 game suspension which is a precedent, Hunt will be back...just not for KC.

Trust me, this is not the first time he's done this kind of thing. I would bet the farm he's done this before. It just happened to get caught on video. Ya just don't ,all of the sudden become a batterer.

12 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Trust me, this is not the first time he's done this kind of thing. I would bet the farm he's done this before. It just happened to get caught on video. Ya just don't ,all of the sudden become a batterer.

He probably paid off the lady in order to keep quiet, the cops just don’t let one who is  violent walk away! 

24 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

I am in by no means justifying what Vick did here, and I’m not a fan of his in any sense of the word. So with that said, Vick did everything that was asked and demanded of him. He plead guilty to all felony charges, paid hefty fines, rehab, community service...you name it and he did everything without question or fighting back.  And that should be the end of it. You can’t keep punishing someone for a crime they served time for. Time that was deemed appropriate by the court. You can be upset that he still went on to make millions where most others wouldn’t be afforded the same chance because I get that but we as a society should really stop hanging things over peoples’ heads when they’ve completed what’s demanded of them and further really shouldn’t try to then say what’s a justifiable means for them to earn money or hoe much they should be allowed to make. 

Again, I do not condone anything he did.  

As for why the no charges TMZ answers that here.

Our law enforcement sources tell us the woman never took her demand for charges to the city Prosecutor's Office and hasn't cooperated with the Prosecutor -- and that might be why the case has gone nowhere.

We're told police viewed the incident as an alleged misdemeanor assault, because, to the best of their knowledge, the woman hadn't suffered any serious injury. She would need to present evidence of serious injury for the incident to upgraded to a felony.

It's a fact that prosecutors can charge suspects even without the alleged victim's testimony. However, our sources say that rarely happens in Cleveland ... unless it's a felony or a domestic violence case.”

14 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

He probably paid off the lady in order to keep quiet, the cops just don’t let one who is  violent walk away! 

Then graveyard if full of battered weman who had restraining orders or wouldn't press charges. Law enforcement isn't supposed to have the option in an assult case. Someone is supposed to get arrested. So yes, they do JUST. And if your a hotshot athleat, one of the chosen, your in like Flint.

6 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Then graveyard if full of battered weman who had restraining orders or wouldn't press charges. Law enforcement isn't supposed to have the option in an assult case. Someone is supposed to get arrested. So yes, they do JUST. And if your a hotshot athleat, one of the chosen, your in like Flint.

That’s actually not true and varies state by state. One of three things happen in domestic calls; both parties are arrested, one is arrested, no one is arrested because there is a lack of probable cause. 

3 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

That’s actually not true and varies state by state. One of three things happen in domestic calls; both parties are arrested, one is arrested, no one is arrested because there is a lack of probable cause. 

Then the laws need to change. That's just crazy. :(

1 hour ago, tide32 said:

Really?!?  You want LE to take people into custody, charge them, even when they lack probable cause? When neither party of the reported dispute are willing to press charges or show signs of injury?

Sorry, but we’re supposed to be a nation of laws, with legal protections for our citizens, not some 3rd world country where LEOs are a law unto themselves.

I also have to agree with JoDoe27 about people continuing their lives after fulfilling their punishments as decreed by a court of law, after “paying their debt to society.”  Should you permanently lose your right to vote just because you got caught with a little too much dope? Should you become unemployable because you got popped for prostitution or solicitation?  It’s no wonder we have such high recidivism in this country. Once you’ve been labeled a criminal, we as a society leave you no other option but a life of crime to support yourself or your loved ones.  It would be a kindness to execute all criminals instead of first incarcerating them and then releasing them w/o the means for living meaningful lives.

16 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Really?!?  You want LE to take people into custody, charge them, even when they lack probable cause? When neither party of the reported dispute are willing to press charges or show signs of injury?

Sorry, but we’re supposed to be a nation of laws, with legal protections for our citizens, not some 3rd world country where LEOs are a law unto themselves.

I also have to agree with JoDoe27 about people continuing their lives after fulfilling their punishments as decreed by a court of law, after “paying their debt to society.”  Should you permanently lose your right to vote just because you got caught with a little too much dope? Should you become unemployable because you got popped for prostitution or solicitation?  It’s no wonder we have such high recidivism in this country. Once you’ve been labeled a criminal, we as a society leave you no other option but a life of crime to support yourself or your loved ones.  It would be a kindness to execute all criminals instead of first incarcerating them and then releasing them w/o the means for living meaningful lives.

Here we go again. Take everything to the extrem, piss and moan about your rits and f every one else. Give me a break.

10 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

I have never advocated violence against women, so please STFU.

Okay kids. We're family, and this is just a discussion. That's why I started this post. Ya can't solve thing if no one's willing to discuss it.

5 hours ago, tide32 said:

3 hours ago, tide32 said:

Here we go again. Take everything to the extrem, piss and moan about your rits and f every one else. Give me a break.

OK. What laws would you change? 

Considering that there seems to be unequal application of existing laws,  how do you propose to correct the situation?

22 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Sorry, fellas, but never say never.  I’m generally in the gentlemen’s camp of “Don’t hit a lady!”, but she stops being a lady when she starts whooping on me.  Spousal abuse is not gender specific. 😡 Trying to ignore it (turning the other cheek) only grants permission for escalation.

I'm going to agree to disagree!  We are starting to peak down dark hallways with this discussion.   Believe me, I'm no choir boy, but if "stands' aren't taken, we can get into this type of behavior...and justify it!

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

OK. What laws would you change? 

Considering that there seems to be unequal application of existing laws,  how do you propose to correct the situation?

Legalise the hobby, make stronger laws to protecd animals and change hump day to Thursday.

And, if a 250lb man assults a 130lb woman, he goes into custody until an investigation is done. The video is so obvious how could he not have went to jail. That young lady was on the ground when he kicked her.

10 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Legalise the hobby, make stronger laws to protecd animals and change hump day to Thursday.

And, if a 250lb man assults a 130lb woman, he goes into custody until an investigation is done. The video is so obvious how could he not have went to jail. That young lady was on the ground when he kicked her.

And, why are we just now hearing about a man Hunt assaulted in Ohio. This young man has a problem.

For some reason the video doesn't want to play for me. 

But by reading along I highly agree some things are just not going to change over night! Men have been beating woman for years and getting away with it! It isn't getting any better out here because some woman allow this type of behavior. When woman finally stand up and do something men will then be in trouble for their actions!! SHE COVERED FOR HIM BY NOT PRESSING CHARGES!

This pisses me off and is never okay on either side.