Travelingman

What are you wishing for?

40 posts in this topic

With the approaching holiday season what are you hoping Santa brings you this year?  Also what are some of you best memories of Christmas past?:rolleyes:

I have many bad memories around Christmas...the death of my father 4 days before Christmas 4 years ago. Finding my little brother dead Christmas morning a few years before that. My jackass of a birth father (who I don’t consider family) and his shit and what he pulled one Christmas when I was 11.

But most of that is wiped away by the joy and excitement I’ve seen on my sons faces on Christmas morning. I am really looking forward to seeing my baby grandson and his face in Christmas this year. Don’t know how much excitement he will express, but I know next Christmas he will be old enough to know Santa Claus.

The holiday season is a mixed bag of emotions for me.  Memories of loss...memories of joy...memories of grief and memories of awesome wonder.  My wishes would be for everyone....EVERYONE, to feel cared for, nurtured, supported while sharing life's adventures.  And for everyone...EVERYONE, to reach out to the people we care about and let them know how much we care and how much they mean to us.  It doesn't have to involve material gifts (though those are nice), but will hopefully include the gifts of time, mindful presence, willingness to listen deeply, connect authentically and show genuine care toward one another.  I know this may sound "sappy" for some, but sometimes I'm sappy and proud of it !!  

My firstborn was born in November, so for that Christmas we had a little toy to dress up, play with, pose for photos, love, cuddle, etc.  It took a long time to get there (I was in my 40s), so that was definitely the best Christmas ever!

My birthday is december 22nd. (With a xmas middle name and all) i had a lot of good christmas' but when i was 13 my parents bought my sister and i full blown snow gear complete with mental hats! We then ventured all the way to purgatory resort from Arkansas.... i took ski lessons from a dick of an instructor named tyler...(hopefully hes not a long time lurker on the board!)  That year consisted of man made snow at all the resorts in Colorado (15+ years ago), i sweated like a horse in my snow gear because it wasnt even that cold.....

That year i fell in love with Colorado!.... and the past year being here with all you dysfuntional fuckers, has been one of the best years of my life...❤ 

Happy Holidays!! I love you all!

53 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

.... and the past year being here with all you dysfuntional fuckers, has been one of the best years of my life...❤ 

Happy Holidays!! I love you all!

Back at ya, you sexy cutie! 

My childhood was very similar to the movie "A Christmas Story", including BB guns and snowsuits. I'm hoping for peace, and a little joy, for all of us!

Image result for peace and joy christmas

12 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

Free pussy. :D

You came to the wrong place for that 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Mr.Pink said:

Free pussy. :D

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

You came to the wrong place for that 😂😂😂

Wasn't someone trying to give some kittens away😂😂😂

1 minute ago, goodguy69 said:

Wasn't someone trying to give some kittens away😂😂😂

😂😂😂 mr.pink doesn't deserve a kitten either!!

Snow. Moved here right before the big huge snow storm of 1982. 41 inches and a new mayor. :o

The holidays are sad without my parents who are deceased but I try to make sure the people I love do not feel my sorrow around this time. Which is also exhausting AF. Just once I’d like to have something under the tree (for me)  I didn’t buy my damn self. 🤣 Mama wants a trip to Morocco, if anyone’s wondering :-) Thinking about going in march, I found a flight to Madrid for 200 then a flight to Morocco for 130 just need the flight back home .... or do I?! 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️ 

All complaining aside, I truly am one lucky girl! I know this. Just hard to feel super jolly around this time. I’m Grinchy AF. 

Big hugs to all who are misssing part of their tribe. 💜 

9 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I have many bad memories around Christmas...the death of my father 4 days before Christmas 4 years ago. Finding my little brother dead Christmas morning a few years before that. My jackass of a birth father (who I don’t consider family) and his shit and what he pulled one Christmas when I was 11.

But most of that is wiped away by the joy and excitement I’ve seen on my sons faces on Christmas morning. I am really looking forward to seeing my baby grandson and his face in Christmas this year. Don’t know how much excitement he will express, but I know next Christmas he will be old enough to know Santa Claus.

15 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

The holidays are sad without my parents who are deceased but I try to make sure the people I love do not feel my sorrow around this time. Which is also exhausting AF. Just once I’d like to have something under the tree (for me)  I didn’t buy my damn self. 🤣 Mama wants a trip to Morocco, if anyone’s wondering :-) Thinking about going in march, I found a flight to Madrid for 200 then a flight to Morocco for 130 just need the flight back home .... or do I?! 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️ 

All complaining aside, I truly am one lucky girl! I know this. Just hard to feel super jolly around this time. I’m Grinchy AF. 

Big hugs to all who are misssing part of their tribe. 💜 

My mom passed Christmas morning, sixteen years ago. Christmas was hard for many years after that, but we keep moving forward.  My kids helped fill the void and I immersed myself in their innocent joy.  

As much as we miss our loved ones, I like to think that a part of my mom is still here with me and I toast to her to this day...even though she thought drinking was from the devil. 😂😂 Make the best of it my friends and never stop looking for that one thing that makes you happy!

So what am I wishing for?  How about a little peace of mind and a few moments of joy every day!

Edited by TheFinerThings

Oh my mom shows up alllllll the time! So much so that I HAD to go to a medium a few years ago. And she confirmed it! Told me my mother was grateful that I light a candle for her and described this little ritual I do with the candle, a pic of my mom, and her ashes almost every night. The medium said my mother is with me more than my other siblings Bc she worries. Leave it to me to be keeping my mother working in the afterlife! 😂 (maybe something only her, I, and my siblings would find funny ) but  Like she couldn’t have possibly known this and she described it to a T - and it’s kind of extensive/ obsessive.  It was everything I needed. Highly suggest if anyone needs some sort of closure or just to get in touch. It was EVERYTHING. 💜 

I’m so sorry for your loss. But I love your attitude 😘

7 minutes ago, TheFinerThings said:

My mom passed Christmas morning, sixteen years ago. Christmas was hard for many years after that, but we keep moving forward.  My kids helped fill the void and I immersed myself in their innocent joy.  

As much as we miss our loved ones, I like to think that a part of my mom is still here with me and I toast to her to this day...even though she thought drinking was from the devil. 😂😂 Make the best of it my friends and never stop looking for that one thing that makes you happy!

1 minute ago, Just Jos said:

Oh my mom shows up alllllll the time! So much so that I HAD to go to a medium a few years ago. And she confirmed it! Told me my mother was grateful that I light a candle for her and described this little ritual I do with the candle, a pic of my mom, and her ashes almost every night. The medium said my mother is with me more than my other siblings Bc she worries. Leave it to me to be keeping my mother working in the afterlife! 😂 (maybe something only her, I, and my siblings would find funny ) but  Like she couldn’t have possibly known this and she described it to a T - and it’s kind of extensive/ obsessive.  It was everything I needed. Highly suggest if anyone needs some sort of closure or just to get in touch. It was EVERYTHING. 💜 

I’m so sorry for your loss. But I love your attitude 😘

Thanks Jos.  Mediums creep me out, so I’m good with raising a glass to my mom.  But it is pretty cool and funny knowing that your mom is still looking out for you. You can never do anything without mom knowing about it.  

Happy holidays, Jos!  

For some reason people have been giving me sweaters every Christmas for years. I keep telling them I'd rather have a moaner, or a groaner, maybe even a screamer, but no more sweaters!

Ninja Foodie and a giant Hershey kiss. :P

Christmas is a Time filled with emotions good and bad. Events have happened both tragic and just so much fun that it's hard to imagine. Seeing my children grow into responsible adults and their children now headed off to college gives me pause to give thanks to the person who raised them. God's blessing be to each and everyone of you have a very very peaceful loving and Merry Christmas. All I hope for is the continued friendship with those I love

8 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

For some reason people have been giving me sweaters every Christmas for years. I keep telling them I'd rather have a moaner, or a groaner, maybe even a screamer, but no more sweaters!

Beats a winer or a crier.

there are a lot of things that I wish for year around. the usual:   that we all could get along in the world, hunger, climate, homeless etc.  Around this time of year I wish for something for myself.  My family is either passed away and the others are on the other side of the country.  I don't like being alone this time of year.  I have a lot of friends that we share time together but not the same as family.  So I would wish for a family Christmas.

A trip to NYC to see a ballet and opera, and a walk down  47th to look at all the beautiful windows filled with diamonds. 

Another trip to Colorado with a pocket full of cash...🤩😁😎

14 hours ago, goodguy69 said:

Another trip with a pocket full of sunshine...🤩😁😎

#Ifixditforyou

I think I will ask Santa for some more measuring cups.  No designer bags, or expensive clothes for me.  Probably better add some fluffy new towels too........

1 hour ago, Raine-7379 said:

I think I will ask Santa for some more measuring cups.  No designer bags, or expensive clothes for me.  Probably better add some fluffy new towels too........

You do know how to use a towel😂😂

health and happiness - that's it - doesn't seem like too much to ask for...

i mean how hard can it be to bundle that up and sprinkle it over my energies?  come on santa - work your magic!

I'm kinda riding the train with most of you all. Mixed feelings on Holidays. I usually love Halloween (who's gonna say no to sexy outfits and I'm not talking about me walking around in my bat thong) but Xmas is always next. This years been the worst in my life so im jusg hoping for a peaceful safe Christmas. Nothing amazing needs to happen, just peace  :)

I'll take the rock's her world wish too.