Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueCOSky

Redundant comments

12 posts in this topic

I've read many posts for quite a while and just opened an account here, as I imagine P411 will diminish to an almost useless tool for ladies in Denver. So, some input, please. I constantly see the following comments and wonder why they are used to such an extent:

"Treat her right, gentlemen". Etc. - What does this mean? Do men not treat women properly on a regular basis? Is this a usual complaint from the ladies? Is this a tipping reference?

"All activities performed with enthusiasm." - I don't know what that means either. Unless, of course, the lady is deadpan uninterested. If that is the case I would think that would be a point elaborated upon in a more succinct description.

Anyway, I like this board. I suspect I'll end up using it when P411 dwindles under the pressure it seems to be under these days.    

Hmm... This can be a fun pet peeve thread I guess.

I get soooo excited when the "Why don't providers reach out directly to clients as a good marketing strategy" post comes around again and again. 🙄

13 hours ago, BlueCOSky said:

"Treat her right, gentlemen". Etc. - What does this mean? Do men not treat women properly on a regular basis? Is this a usual complaint from the ladies? Is this a tipping reference?

I've always considered this at face value, that basic respect goes a long way, with the underlying reference being that providers who aren't treated right don't stay in the game.

13 hours ago, BlueCOSky said:

"All activities performed with enthusiasm."

With this comment, I picture the man in the boat we all like but frequently don't see and/or feel.

Welcome to the board, @BlueCOSky. Given the legislative challenges that brought BP down and seriously curtailed CL's personals section, it's important to ask what you must to understand the playing field. However, you will soon see there are those who provide little value other than derailing threads with puns and jabs. Ignore the haters.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

7 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

... I get soooo excited when the "Why don't providers reach out directly to clients as a good marketing strategy" ...

Oh but they do!  Some are just more subtle than others 😁

14 hours ago, BlueCOSky said:

I think it means "be kind and considerate, tip if you can afford to, and don't act mean or rude."

"All activities performed with enthusiasm." - I don't know what that means either. Unless, of course, the lady is deadpan uninterested. If that is the case I would think that would be a point elaborated upon in a more succinct description.

I think it means she acted happy and agreeable throughout the encounter. She wasn't stand-off-ish or reluctant.

Anyway, I like this board. I suspect I'll end up using it when P411 dwindles under the pressure it seems to be under these days.    

Why do you think P411 is going to dwindle? Adjustments were made there, and it's still a great resource. Have you heard something I haven't? :confused:

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Oh but they do!  Some are just more subtle than others 😁

Great. You should start another post about it. It's been 5 mins. 🙄

I’m wondering how long the OP has been around.

He joined TOB in October and says that P411 is dwindling and that he has been reading posts for awhile.

I believe that most of his questions are self explanatory if he only stopped to think. The answers to his questions actually lie in the threads he has been reading.

As far as P411 dwindling, he should re-think his statement. P411 is only changing in order to live a long life in today’s climate.

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I’m wondering how long the OP has been around.

He joined TOB in October and says that P411 is dwindling and that he has been reading posts for awhile.

I believe that most of his questions are self explanatory if he only stopped to think. The answers to his questions actually lie in the threads he has been reading.

As far as P411 dwindling, he should re-think his statement. P411 is only changing in order to live a long life in today’s climate.

Well, he came just in time for the hobbit to make a new friend. We all know how much hobbit hates haters. Gotta love it when the people who spread hate warn others about people who spread hate. 🤔 

For the record. P411 always has, and still kicks ass for me 😁

Can carry on a good conversation. WTF.

Well, my intent regarding P411 was to suggest I find the site less useful for details most would prefer to see. I understand why it's being done. I've been a P411 member for a number of years and received another notice re:  the site having to change again in January. This is why TOB is becoming more useful - for details most would prefer to see. This is why I joined TOB. I feel badly for the ladies having to wade through all the changes to continue their chosen profession. That is all.

I don't think there's much more to ponder, other than how we maintain an informative communication process. One move I've considered is contacting ladies on this board if I like their descriptions, reviews and photos and asking they check out my OKs on P411(if they're able) so they know I'm legit. Perhaps my OKs can serve as a reference for the future this way. This is because the P411 subscription is becoming less useful as things are playing out. The cost may not justify renewing the membership. Perhaps I'll be wrong. 

Stay positive.  

4 hours ago, BlueCOSky said:

Well, my intent regarding P411 was to suggest I find the site less useful for details most would prefer to see. I understand why it's being done. I've been a P411 member for a number of years and received another notice re:  the site having to change again in January. This is why TOB is becoming more useful - for details most would prefer to see. This is why I joined TOB. I feel badly for the ladies having to wade through all the changes to continue their chosen profession. That is all.

Interesting...I didn't receive a notice about P411 changing further in January...I've been a member since 2008. I get far more information, about providers, from P411, than anything on TOB. I'm very confused about your claim to the contrary. 

4 hours ago, BlueCOSky said:

I don't think there's much more to ponder, other than how we maintain an informative communication process. One move I've considered is contacting ladies on this board if I like their descriptions, reviews and photos and asking they check out my OKs on P411(if they're able) so they know I'm legit. Perhaps my OKs can serve as a reference for the future this way. This is because the P411 subscription is becoming less useful as things are playing out. The cost may not justify renewing the membership. Perhaps I'll be wrong. 

Stay positive.  

I doubt that any provider will keep a permanent record of who you are, now, so you can book in the future. I think it will be your responsibility to pass screening at the time of booking.

Well, I sent P411 an info request and received a response. I can't cut and paste it as too much info shows up and can't be edited (such as my name), so here is the update:

There have been a couple of notes to members sent out, but like another poster mentions, this last message I did not get until today after inquiry. exploring to modifying P411 with a grandfather clause. I guess the location search will be modified and grandfathered, with the new version being a verification only layout.. "There will be significant changes made to companion profiles and communication methods". They were quick to respond to my email, so if you're a member and ask about 2019 changes you will most likely receive the same message back. The previous message I received many weeks ago had suggested other changes that were considered but not now planned to be implemented. It's evolving I guess.