Nina Faulkner

Thanksgiving traditions

17 posts in this topic

Just curious as to what your favorite Thanksgiving traditions are, or perhaps a recipe/dish that has been in your family for as long as you can remember.  Any silly Turkey day mishaps you can share?

Edited by Nina Faulkner

since thanksgiving weekend is  spending time with all my family at my dads house !!!!!!!!!! oh and it my birthday so I get best of both worlds 

Our only tradition has been to eat so much you can hardly move, and then break out the dominoes

As far as favorite recipe or dish would have to be all the homemade candies my grandmother would make for the holidays, could not pass on the homemade peanut patties.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday season😁😁

Thanksgiving starts Eggnog season. There are so many delicious additives you can add to it too.

7 hours ago, Rolf said:

since thanksgiving weekend is  spending time with all my family at my dads house !!!!!!!!!! oh and it my birthday so I get best of both worlds 

Happy 21st my friend!  👑

Historically our family holidays are filled with pandemonium and chaos.  Lots of little ones, too much food and by the end of the day too much over indulgence.  Beginning of the day is always the stress of getting everything on the table, but then BLISS!   And, of course, for those of us with workday jobs, the coveted 4 days off.  

42 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Eating and shopping 🛍 

Ooof!  A "Black Friday" girl?  I'd hate to have to wrestle you for the last Elmo!

thank you nina if that happy birthday was for me oh lets not forget all that football 3 games this year on one day  and the drinking too and the cleaning up after everyone is gone what a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!

family

family

family

and this year a 700 piece lego set to build with the kids:)

8 minutes ago, hornyoldtoad said:

family

family

family

and then later on a one piece Lego set for me:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR42sgQef9101sFz7eBCeT

#Ifixditforyou

Go up to mountains. Spend time with my Dad, mom is no longer with us, my sister and her family. Her kids and our kids are all close in age so they love getting together. 

Good company, good family, good food.

Skiing if snow is good. Park if no snow and sunny.

5 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

#Ifixditforyou

Ha!  a two piece would be fine too...

Would be the only time doubling the number of pieces is that exciting...

Travel schedules usually allow me an unencumbered hobbing opportunity, so my tradition for the last few years has been to knock someone off of my to do list.

It's my all-time favorite tradition.

https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/office-of-special-events/special-events-calendar/2018/ThanksgivingHomelessNeedy.html

My personal tradition for many years while living here in Denver. I would help direct people in lines hugging and kissing as they filed through by the end of the time and while cleaning up I would be all tears and full of beautiful loving memories. Hugging and thanking Vets, as well as others. . It has been very rewarding for me to be a part of this. I know I talked about getting others involved before on here... Helping with David's ministries has been a tradition of mine in the past.  .