Amber Allure

Holidays and Traditions

19 posts in this topic

The argument gets me EVERY YEAR!

When do you put your Christmas Tree up? Before or After Thanksgiving? 

I put mine up before because I like how homey and cozy it makes everything feel! 

When do you put your trees up??!

Decorations and trees go up shortly after Thanksgiving but only if I'm going to be at home otherwise it's bah humbug no decorations

The weekend after Thanksgiving Christmas goes up. This year we have a lot of days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I luv it!

Always after Thanksgiving and this year it will be December 2nd.  

I love the magic of Christmas.

The Sat after Thanksgiving. I purchase a bottle of my favorite 21 year old single malt scotch, (lasts me through New YearsB)) and go for it. 

Saturday after Thanksgiving the lights are put up on the house (pending weather), Sunday the tree goes up!

After tday. Same for lights outside. I shoot for the first non freezing day after Thanksgiving 

defiantly (with vigor, lol) after t-day.   lights outside first, then the mini-tree goes up!  I love this time of year!!! 

I spent much of yesterday putting up the outside lights. It looks like the Griswolds live here :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Laci French said:

Always after Thanksgiving and this year it will be December 2nd.  

I love the magic of Christmas.

I will second that! The weekend after Thanksgiving and it is a magical time of year!

This will be the first year that I will not be decorating as my family is spoiling ourselves with a big family get together for half of the month and then two big birthdays being celebrated. Otherwise, I will never put up the tree until Thanksgiving is over. 

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I usually put mine up on Thanksgiving. But I couldn't wait and did it last Wednesday 🤣 I love how warm and cozy it makes my house feel too.

Coming back from mnts tomorrow. Got hit with close to a foot of snow here

But if nice in denver when get back, I may try to throw up lights on outside of house.