Calik8

Cuddles and pets. Late night thoughts.

40 posts in this topic

So I love my animals. I have a puppy and two kittens. They are my love/s of my life. 

My kitten Milkyway got out last week but was returned home a few days later. As I am working tonight I think about her laying next to me with her sister asleep in my lap. Puppy at my feet snoring.  They always makes fall to sleep in minutes.

How about you what do you love the most about your pets?

pictures welcome too!!

I love coming home and being greeted by 3 small and excited pups, sadly I feel like they are the only ones in my house who care to see me.  The littlest one always has to get under the covers with me at night and finds her way between my legs so I'm kind of stuck in one position most of the night.   Animals are great, much prefer them over humans. 

A true friend animals other than humans provide you with the warmth and true friendship that asks nothing in return keeps you company without complainant and is always there for you to give love

I just wish I was a great and nice of a person as my pets think I am.

Their love is unconditional for their humans.

Edited by ilovewomen

I'm a  dog person, though don't have one at present.  Had dogs most of my life and they are so very special.  They don't care what you look like.  They don't care what you do for a living.  They don't care how much money you make.  You give them love, attention and food, and they love back unconditionally.  Best deal in town.

Reminds me of a joke I heard once (don't hate me): You know why dogs are better than people? Put you dog and your wife in the trunk of your car and drive around for an hour, and then see who is happy to see you when you let them out. 

I have a big dog. She is big enough to qualify for her own seat, so I drive a quad  cab p/up. I will stop at home and pick her up at home before I go grocery shopping. She likes to watch people and that is what she does while I am in the store. I take her with me as much as I can. I hike, she likes. For me, it is a win/ win situation. Talk a co- dependency.. I have always had a dog. I will always have a dog.They are family. 

I like cats too. I don't have one currently  but when I do they are with me till they pass away animals in my life. All of my critters stay with me to the end of their lives. There are not "throw away pets in my life". For me having a life without four ,furry, paws is not feasible. Won't happen, 'nuff said.🍀

Edited by Jez UaBriain

I love dogs and always bring cookies to the ladies whom have them.

I have always had dogs, normally two. Down to one black lab now. But I have to baby sit my daughter's dog way to often.

Edited by wglide2003

I travel too much to have pets right now so whenever I go see a gent and they have fluffmeisters I'm always ECSTATIC lol 

I’m a cat person. Dogs are too high maintenance for my lifestyle. I can leave the cat for a day or two w/o worry.  Yet she still greets me at the door and cuddles up to sleep at night.

Dogs are probably better for your health, though. They take you for a walk several time each day.

I've got an American Bulldog. He's 110lbs of nasty if he doesn't know you or 110lbs of love if he does. He's bossy, sneaky, likes to sleep with his butt in my face and my best friend. :wub:

I love my three cats and our Golden Retriever Molly! They always make you feel welcome and loved!

1 hour ago, tide32 said:

I've got an American Bulldog. He's 110lbs of nasty if he doesn't know you or 110lbs of love if he does. He's bossy, sneaky, likes to sleep with his butt in my face and my best friend. :wub:

& they always think they can fit in cardboard boxes or sit on your lap no matter how big they are! Had a bulldog growing up. Love them so much

Mine are a German Shorthair Pointer for hunting and a garage sale Heinz 57 lap dog and horses.  All are the best companions. 

My friend is an 80 pound goldendoodle. I now use a walker he greets me at the door then runs and gets a drink of water and is by my chair when I get there. It is great to be lov Ed unconditionally. 

42 minutes ago, pointymoustache said:

My friend is an 80 pound goldendoodle. I now use a walker he greets me at the door then runs and gets a drink of water and is by my chair when I get there. It is great to be lov Ed unconditionally. 

Mr. Pointymoustache - You have previously told us that you are over 80, and now you inform us that you are in a walker, and yet - you are still enjoying our sport!

You are my God, you are my inspiration.

pw8TcVH.gif

I'd be out of rep points for the week if I gave one to everyone who posted in this thread.  But it seems like there a lot of animal lovers in our community.  That is great to see.  And it is another reason why I enjoy my time here.

Have a 65 lb. Golden who thinks she is. Lap dog, and loves to sleep on top of me in bed. Heavy.  Love her, but could do without the constant shedding and proper scooper job.

2 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Have a 65 lb. Golden who thinks she is. Lap dog, and loves to sleep on top of me in bed. Heavy.  Love her, but could do without the constant shedding and proper scooper job.

Had a Bassett Hound years ago. You'd think a cow crapped in the yard.

12 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Had a Bassett Hound years ago. You'd think a cow crapped in the yard.

🤣 spit out my drink laughing.

My family had a 95 pound German Shepherd when I was a kid. Anytime someone would come to the house she would position herself between us (the kids) and our guest and never took her eyes off them.. Most protective dog I’ve ever seen.  

Had two Labs fifteen years ago, a chocolate and a yellow.  Raised them from pups and lost them at 11 and 12 years.  I cried like a baby.  It’s like losing a family member.  

Down to one cat now and as much of a pain in the ass as she is, there’s nothing like having her curl up on my lap and fall asleep purring.

Pets are the best therapy money can buy!

10 hours ago, Leena_rose said:

I travel too much to have pets right now so whenever I go see a gent and they have fluffmeisters I'm always ECSTATIC lol 

We really have GOT to get together!

Edited by LightningP

Definitely a dog person.  Have had dogs in my life since i was born. I've had cats also and they are ok and certainly easier to take care of but don't get the lovin that dogs can give. I Grew up with Chesapeake Bay Retrievers.  I now have two dogs both are rescue dogs.  One I have had since she was a 4 week old pup that was found after a hurricane.  Had to bottle feed her and she is my constant companion and my best friend. We bonded.  We travel a lot esp in the past and she has her own frequent flier account.  The other is a standard poodle.  An older friend of mine passed away last thanksgiving day and on her death bed she asked me to take her dog as she had no one to give her too.  I did and she is a great dog.  She is a therapy trained dog as well. Both get along very well.   Now with 2 I get twice the lovin.  One sits in the front seat of my truck with her head out the window and the other has the back seat all to herself. 

22 hours ago, tide32 said:

And from what I know of bulldogs , they are at the top of their class in farts. Regular fart- masters aren’t they? Although wolfhounds do pretty dang good in that department.     

I have so many fur loves and they all feed my soul. Animals are a gift and should be insanely spoiled. 

Our family fur members love us no matter what. We should strive to be more like them.

I like my dog more than I like most people... 

I try to live by this: "Be the person your dog thinks you are".

I am definitely more if a dog person with the exception of the cats featured on YouTube ringing door bells. My dog he is currently with my parents in California because of my schedule at the hospital, and class etc. I miss him so much.