Audrey Astor

Since some ladies still can’t access TOB

45 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Here’s hoping everyone has made it back on TOB 

Sadly, that is not the case. Still missing Naughty Professor and some others. 😢

8 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Attn tech support:  Next time you decide to change your IP addr info on the site, about a week before you want to set the TTL on the zone to something like 5 minutes.  After the cutover is completely, you can change it back to something like an hour.

THIS!!  Thank you weasel, finally nail hit upon head! 

For clarity, this is the best available site of its kind, and I do appreciate the work of all the mods and the efforts to keep this ship afloat.  Also major kudos to Laci who was indeed trying to keep people informed and help.  Also appreciated.

Now as for the entity that "planned" this cluster f**k of a server move and that responded to me suggesting it was all my isp's fault and that I should change isp's with NO indication of how long it was expected to take - and yes, it was specified that it was a mobile issue, so I would have had to kill a phone plan, probably buy a new phone, etc.  While at the same time stating on line that all would be good by late morning (it wasn't).  Well a few minutes ago I was finally able to access after being blacked out by main internet for several hours and via mobile for over 24 hours.  Fortunately I recognized the suggestion for what it was - pure bullshit stall and failure to acknowledge that it was just piss poor planning by whoever orchestrated the fiasco.  All that said I suppose the place is still worth what I pay for it.  Not so sure about ladies that pay for advertising and then have a majority of clients that like to access via their phone who are left hanging without warning. 

So, in conclusion, Dear Mr/Ms./Mrs Whisperer: Please plan shit better next time and please, please dispense with bullshit answers if/when poor planning leads to extended blackouts.

Again, thanks all for keeping the place up and running, the mods for well, moderating, and most of the denizens for being worth communicating and sharing with.  Yes, a bit grumpy but after a good vent feeling better.  Have a good night all.

Just now, gr8owl said:

For clarity, this is the best available site of its kind, and I do appreciate the work of all the mods and the efforts to keep this ship afloat.  Also major kudos to Laci who was indeed trying to keep people informed and help.  Also appreciated.

Now as for the entity that "planned" this cluster f**k of a server move and that responded to me suggesting it was all my isp's fault and that I should change isp's with NO indication of how long it was expected to take - and yes, it was specified that it was a mobile issue, so I would have had to kill a phone plan, probably buy a new phone, etc.  While at the same time stating on line that all would be good by late morning (it wasn't).  Well a few minutes ago I was finally able to access after being blacked out by main internet for several hours and via mobile for over 24 hours.  Fortunately I recognized the suggestion for what it was - pure bullshit stall and failure to acknowledge that it was just piss poor planning by whoever orchestrated the fiasco.  All that said I suppose the place is still worth what I pay for it.  Not so sure about ladies that pay for advertising and then have a majority of clients that like to access via their phone who are left hanging without warning. 

So, in conclusion, Dear Mr/Ms./Mrs Whisperer: Please plan shit better next time and please, please dispense with bullshit answers if/when poor planning leads to extended blackouts.

Again, thanks all for keeping the place up and running, the mods for well, moderating, and most of the denizens for being worth communicating and sharing with.  Yes, a bit grumpy but after a good vent feeling better.  Have a good night all.

You’ve risen🤗😂❤️

I'm back (somewhat) Able to log on at work...(luckily I am the boss) but home computer and laptop- not at all yet.  I'll take the suggestion on iPhone and try it away from my work wifi.. 

3 minutes ago, MelindaMadison said:

I'm back (somewhat) Able to log on at work...(luckily I am the boss) but home computer and laptop- not at all yet.  I'll take the suggestion on iPhone and try it away from my work wifi.. 

Great to see you baby pretty lady!!

41 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Developing a sense of entitlement, are we?  I think this place is worth far more than I pay for it.  Didn't realize how much I missed it until it was gone for a few hours.  Thanks Whisperer and mods for such a great job. Hey,  shit happens, glad we're back up. 

6 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Developing a sense of entitlement, are we?  I think this place is worth far more than I pay for it.  As do I and I believe I pretty much said that But don't forget the ladies do pay for it, listings anyway.  Didn't realize how much I missed it until it was gone for a few hours.  Thanks ....... mods for such a great job.I know I said that Hey,  shit happens, glad we're back up. Me too!

Only "entitled" I feel is the freedom to stay or go.  And while I am here speak my mind while I still have it.

I noticed this yesterday (would give me an error message saying to check my connection). I tried to use an "incognito" tab, but got the same result. Then, I turned ON the Wi-Fi (turning OFF the carrier provided internet connection), using a secure connection, & that's how I'm able to be on right now. A regular of mine just asked if I was having this issue, I said yeah. After he tried what I did & was successful too, I asked what carrier he has for cell service & he has the same as I do (Boost Mobile). I don't now if this will help others gain access the way it did for us, or if the carrier thing is of any significance, but ya never know ;) 

I still can’t access I just had to buy an hour of Wi-Fi on Xfinity last night I had multiple friends posting my ad (it really didn’t do any good anyway) but at least I was on there but still I can’t access my account anybody have any idea and I’ve tried some of the stuff on this thread so I’m kind of stuck. Really frustrating 

For two days I could get TOB on my phone just fine, but not on my computer.  Finally, I Googled "How do I clean all of the caches on Windows 8," did all of what was indicated, turned the computer entirely off, and when it came back on, everything was fine (hence this post).  You might try the same thing with whatever operating system you use.

My access went away Tuesday evening. I was able to see the site only an hour or so ago. Seems weird that not everyone had the same interruption at the same time.

This is an incredibly special place!

I have been unable to access TOB since Tuesday. Message was cannot find website Just got in today.

I tried all devices at home both Microsoft and Apple. 

What I finally did was cut power to all devices while they were on, unplugged power strip,  including modem which has WiFI let sit for 10 minutes and plugged back in and am able to get in on all devices.

Yes it appears to be a IP address thing. Hope this helps.

Awwwwe, you guys are making me blush.:wub: We're all in this together. I'm glad to help keep us all going. (even 2Big and Stevie if they need help):wub:

On 11/14/2018 at 8:35 AM, Laci French said:

I’ve heard from Kandi Apple, Emily Jordan and Melinda Madison they cannot get on yet. 

Who else have you guys heard from?  

It did it to me too. I freaked out lol i cleared everything and it still didn't work so i got on my old iphone and it went through no problem. Then that night it just fixed itself 🤷🏼‍♀️