Good Shepard

Providers asking for deposit

74 posts in this topic

I have contacted a couple of providers recently who have asked for a deposit.   Is this a red flag? I understand why they may want a deposit but have never been asked before.

25 minutes ago, Good Shepard said:

I have contacted a couple of providers recently who have asked for a deposit.   Is this a red flag? I understand why they may want a deposit but have never been asked before.

It's not common.

I doubt I'll ever pay a deposit prior to meeting. I have P11 and references, so I have some trust in the bank.

I certainly wouldn't say a woman can't require a deposit. That would be her prerogative.

I just don't think I'll ever pay one.  :)

Same here, my word is gold and if someone doesn't value it, I'm on to the next.  Besides, how would you give a deposit if you are strictly a cash client?  Lots of us just won't use the internet, plastic, fakey, phony money (see other threads, ad nauseum), so how would you pay the deposit?

Just now, BadBoy said:

Same here, my word is gold and if someone doesn't value it, I'm on to the next.  Besides, how would you give a deposit if you are strictly a cash client?  Lots of us just won't use the internet, plastic, fakey, phony money (see other threads, ad nauseum), so how would you pay the deposit?

The provider has pay pal account

Huge, HUGE RED FLAG.

The only ladies I am aware of that ask for deposits are the fly by night, cash and dash ladies.

In addition, never purchase a money card and give her the code ahead of an appointment.  Same issue.

Cash is Supreme.

Edited by ilovewomen

No. I would not pay a deposit. Too many scams out there. You pay and never see your money again. I seriously doubt an “established provider” would require an advance deposit. Same goes for buying visits in advance at a discount. Try to book after paying in advance only to get excuse after excuse of why she is not available.

If you are a high roller and request an out of area provider to pay you a visit, then maybe.

If you’re booking for multi-hour or travel, I can see it.  For a regular session...ain’t happening unless there is a history and established trust between us.

If it’s someone new to me - ain’t gonna happen!

That said, for my well established travel companions I tend to offer 1/2 down prior to our trip. This allows them to TCB before we leave town.  They get the other 1/2 at the end of the trip.

Now, now boys...deposits aren’t that crazy. 

Just please only consider this with reputable ladies and have a solid plan in place. 

2 hours ago, pfunk said:

It's not common.

I doubt I'll ever pay a deposit prior to meeting. I have P11 and references, so I have some trust in the bank.

I certainly wouldn't say a woman can't require a deposit. That would be her prerogative.

I just don't think I'll ever pay one.  :)

Agree completely

I would never be game for paying a deposit HOWEVER I understand the thought behind it.  My thought is that I have made appointments and then been ghosted by a few providers and I wan't compensated for my lost time.  When I make an appointment, it is something that is planned out often days in advance so I am going to be there as promised. 

If a lady handles her business well enough, and gets her reputation established, and is busy enough with her own regular client base, that she can require deposits for new clients, and get them...

That's a boss bitch right there. 👏👏💯💯😁😁

She deserves all the props, love and respect. I love seeing successful SWs. 💙

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

When we get countless last minute cancellations, and no shows a deposit would be nice.  I just do not deal with online money.  Remember, not everyone is good to their word.

I would lean towards not paying deposit unless for a long time frame or trip with a lady I have a long standing relationship with and have built a trust with. No way for a new gal. 

I get they are trying to protect themselves and if they are well established and reviewed then probably ok, but not risk I want to take. 

Hasn't happened a lot but I've had no call no shows and have wasted time which is the most valuable thing I have, with no monetary recourse, only a possible bad review which helps others but not me.

I'll stick with my fav ladies :)

My previous reply about a provider asking for a deposit as a huge red flag was written from the perspective of an established and known male member of TOB.

If I look at this question from a providers’ viewpoint, I would say that yes, deposits would be necessary from the new men and the known time wasters.

The ladies have to put up with a lot of BS and they frequently have NCNS from the guys, especially those I would categorize as the fringe or newbies.

Deposits would at least compensate the ladies a little bit for the fuckery they have to put up with.

6 hours ago, BadBoy said:

BB, just take you sexy ass over there, and give her the cash deposit. Tell her to wear something sexy, a hug and kiss is required, and you'll be on your way. I don't require deposits but if I did, and I accepted cash deposits, that's the way I'd handle it. Then we can spend the rest of our time until our appt losing our minds with excitement. 😉

NEVER AGAIN!!!  i did that once with an established lady years ago.  She quietly retired before our appointment.  Never heard from her about a refund

2 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

BB, just take you sexy ass over there, and give her the cash deposit. Tell her to wear something sexy, a hug and kiss is required, and you'll be on your way. I don't require deposits but if I did, and I accepted cash deposits, that's the way I'd handle it. Then we can spend the rest of our time until our appt losing our minds with excitement. 😉

But that would require an appointment to establish the appointment. ???

When “time” is the most precious commodity associated with an appointment, the drive to make the deposit may consume this month’s window of opportunity. 

14 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Think of it as extended foreplay.

Sounds good to me.  Hunter, when can I bring my deposit over?

19 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

But that would require an appointment to establish the appointment. ???

When “time” is the most precious commodity associated with an appointment, the drive to make the deposit may consume this month’s window of opportunity. 

Well, if the whole thing makes it a more complicated transaction and waste of your time, I understand you taking a pass.

But, for those that can only afford to hobby every so often, and have a schedule that allows for this sort of thing, they might find it an added little bonus to stop by and say hi.  Even if they can afford to hobby often, and happen to have that kind of time, it can still be fun and flirty...a little teaser. 

18 minutes ago, TheFinerThings said:

Think of it as extended foreplay.

Extended foreplay. You read my mind!

Maybe I've been looking at this deposit thing all wrong 😂

I love TOB. So many💡moments in these threads. 

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

I've been watching this thread and have been in the "no way" camp, but "extended foreplay"? Oh my, I may have to change my mind...  How long is "extended", anyways? 

5 minutes ago, Just Another Guy said:

I've been watching this thread and have been in the "no way" camp, but "extended foreplay"? Oh my, I may have to change my mind...  How long is "extended", anyways? 

Well, I'm thinking you bring the deposit for a future date you've both agreed upon, then chances are after you see her, you're going to find a way to bump that appt up as soon as humanly possible. 😂😂😂

Unless you're into the tantra or edging thing. 😘

Just now, Hunter VanDyke said:

Well, I'm thinking you bring the deposit for a future date you've both agreed upon, then chances are after you see her, you're going to find a way to bump that appt up as soon as humanly possible. 😂😂😂

Is 5 minutes later too soon?  :P

Just now, Hunter VanDyke said:

Unless you're into the tantra or edging thing. 😘

Oh, hell no.

While requiring a deposit is understandable given the fuckery that happens from clients (and, really, I can only imagine what providers deal with in that regard, tho I've heard some horror stories), I personally wouldn't pay one unless the lady and I had a well-established relationship--which, of course, would probably reduce the likelihood of the deposit being required in the first place. So I suppose the need to guard against being ripped-off goes both ways. Would I make an exception if the (first time) lady were highly reputable and well-established? Perhaps, if she were local.

Understand it from the ladies perspective, hate hearing about all the missed appointments but I'd never pay a deposit unless I'd already met the provider before...

14 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

For a 60 or 90 minute date?  Nope, but I completely understand a 4, 6, or 8 hour date.  If a client bails at the last second or NCNS then that provider is out that money, which is quite a bit.  They blocked off that time for that individual and highly doubtful they can schedule clients in to recover.  

I can even understand the need for a deposit on the 60-90 minute dates. As the ladies don't just loose that 60-90 minutes. Looking at things from the ladies point of view, I would bet that most ladies block out at least 2 hours of their time for a 60 minute date. So those 60-90 minute dates would easily turn into 2-3 hours of lost time on the ladies end, and that is a lot of lost time that would be hard to make up (and how many calls were turned down because their time was already scheduled).

5 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

When we get countless last minute cancellations, and no shows a deposit would be nice.  I just do not deal with online money.  Remember, not everyone is good to their word.

I would say we need to do better, but I really doubt, (and hope), that those of us here reading this, are the issue.

Just my $0.02

The only time I think I would ever pay a deposit, is if a touring provider I really wanted to see was traveling here or where I'm going to be.  Even then, I'd be hesitant.