TheFinerThings

Ladies reaching out...

57 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

TFT I agree sticking with the known is the way to go. I have a crazy work schedule, so it seems to interfere/clash with any type of planning, therefore an OUT of the BLUE contact/text/phone call actually gives me a more accurate way to know that the provider is in town and available. And to put it honestly,  it turns me on more so when I am being HUNTED versus me doing the HUNTING.........

Same boat here . Work gets in the way too often, but being self employed I will never complain about being too busy.  When the opportunity does present itself I am more inclined to go with the sure thing.  And yes, being hunted does stroke the ego a bit and makes the date that much more fun.  Real or imagined, feeling desired does something to you.

3 minutes ago, TheFinerThings said:

Same boat here . Work gets in the way too often, but being self employed I will never complain about being too busy.  When the opportunity does present itself I am more inclined to go with the sure thing.  And yes, being hunted does stroke the ego a bit and makes the date that much more fun.  Real or imagined, feeling desired does something to you.

+1

6 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Please send my regards, I've been wondering about Stevie too. :D

We all wonder about Stevie. :cool:

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Yes, it’s a smart marketing ploy. She may also be interested in hearing how your life is going. But at the very least, if you decide to schedule again she’s likely to take your call.  You’re screened and she had a decent time, so she won’t mind seeing you again.  Bodes well for a repeat performance.

7 hours ago, Laci French said:

I reach out all the time and it has no reflection on how business is going. I reach out because I genuinely care. 

I ran out of rep points, so all I can do is quote Laci and Bit.  It may, at times, be a marketing strategy, but I don't mind it.  Many times, I believe it is because they care.  And I do the same thing with some ladies.  I never want to be seen as a time waster, but there are times when I reach out just to say, "Hi, how are you?  You just crossed my mind and wanted you to know."  There are times I want to schedule something "official" and sometimes I just want to see how someone is doing.  Though I thoroughly enjoy my encounters, I also feel like this is a real community for some of us.  And this community is sometimes about "the hobby", but for some of us it about friendly connection.  And Bit is right, sometimes reaching out bodes well for a wonderful repeat performance.

6 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Please send my regards, I've been wondering about Stevie too. :D

We all wonder about Stevie. :cool:

8 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

She may ask how you are and h8oe your doing well just don't take it any way other than she wants your money cuz she's slow

Seriouslyy?!!!

i cant even say  ____ __ _____!!!!

the door man would throw me out

Sometimes things go really well and a reach out is a nice way to let someone know. 

We dont need to do that to get anything . Obviously both parties were in agreement and it would happen no matter what.. . 

The gesture shows class and maturity and gratefullness . Thumbs up 

7 hours ago, Laci French said:

I reach out all the time and it has no reflection on how business is going. I reach out because I genuinely care. 

This is a FACT. Laci is easily one of the most caring people that I have ever met.

32 minutes ago, average1 said:

I ran out of rep points, so all I can do is quote Laci and Bit.  It may, at times, be a marketing strategy, but I don't mind it.  Many times, I believe it is because they care.  And I do the same thing with some ladies.  I never want to be seen as a time waster, but there are times when I reach out just to say, "Hi, how are you?  You just crossed my mind and wanted you to know."  There are times I want to schedule something "official" and sometimes I just want to see how someone is doing.  Though I thoroughly enjoy my encounters, I also feel like this is a real community for some of us.  And this community is sometimes about "the hobby", but for some of us it about friendly connection.  And Bit is right, sometimes reaching out bodes well for a wonderful repeat performance.

I’m out of rep points too, otherwise you would get one here.  

I have met several amazing ladies here and there are a few that I reach out to on occasion to say hi.  I hope I’m never considered a time waster because that’s not the intent.  I’ve only had repeat visits with two of them so far and the results were fantastic.  There are others that I expect will be equally amazing the second time around but unless I hit the lottery this week, I’ll have to be patient.

But all good things are worth waiting for.

16 minutes ago, Ryann said:

Sometimes things go really well and a reach-around is a nice way to let someone know. 

We dont need to do that to get anything . Obviously both parties were in agreement and it would happen no matter what.. . 

The gesture shows class and maturity and gratefullness . Thumbs up 

Fixed it for you.  

Sorry Ryann, I couldn’t resist.😂😂. Displaying my lack of maturity right now. 

8 hours ago, Laci French said:

With Laci on this comment! Contrary to popular opinion, there are a few of us ladies who are genuinely, saying “hi!” and “how the heck are ya doing!?”  and that has nothing to do with ATM machines! Damn, where the hell is the humanity with true friendship?!

2 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

With Laci on this comment! Contrary to popular opinion, there are a few of us ladies who are genuinely, saying “hi!” and “how the heck are ya doing!?”  and that has nothing to do with ATM machines! Damn, where the hell is the humanity with true friendship?!

+1 That’s what makes this hobby so much fun...making those connections with some really awesome people.

53 minutes ago, TheFinerThings said:

Fixed it for you.  

Sorry Ryann, I couldn’t resist.😂😂. Displaying my lack of maturity right now. 

Lmfao  

mow thats funny , i dont care who ya are. 

Huh as I went to write this I got one of those texts lol. Coincidence is crazy. I will say it does certainly put a little pep in the step and it’s only natural that people appreciate being appreciated. And I too rarely double down so to speak but when I do it is always with someone who has kept the line of communication open, and sometime we just end up hanging out and lose the professional half and you end up with a kickass new friend who also likes midnight movie premieres and independent art. Let’s be honest with this hobby there is always a balance between being friendly and professional that isn’t always the easiest to find but I would argue that is a component of just what makes this a lot of fun; it’s stimulating and engaging on more than one level for both (or more) of us. The point of life is to be enjoyed and that’s much easier with good company. Especially if they like the Highlands Ranch AMC better than the Pavilions too. 

3 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Hmmmm. Interesting change of tone........

Not for me 😁

18 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Hmmmm. Interesting change of tone........

14 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Not for me 😁

It’s been one of those days.  Sometimes you just gotta go where the path leads. Keeps life interesting.

I have been fortunate enough that there are several ladies that do call or text or email me just to say hello.  I also do it occasionally as well when I am just thinking about them because I also care about them.

9 hours ago, mdallasfun said:

I've been a member on TOB for a while and I only recently had a girl I've never met message me about a post. This began a conversation, a connection, a telephone call and then a planned meeting. This provider was not on my radar, but she got there by having a real conversation with me. By reaching out. She planted the seed and watered it...

This recently happened to me as well. I was quite surprised actually. I wonder if it’s the same lady, lol. Effective move but I agree, it was nice and probably wouldn’t have happened otherwise. I read somewhere that we are investing in illusions here. I tend to agree but If so, the unsolicited PM is sure a nice twist! I can barely get an answer most of the time.

I hope that one day some of the ladies here come to think of me as a friend! I'm a relative newbie, so I know it's going to take a while, but I'm working on it! :)

6 minutes ago, Just Another Guy said:

I hope that one day some of the ladies here come to think of me as a friend! I'm a relative newbie, so I know it's going to take a while, but I'm working on it! :)

Oh sweetheart. Any lady will be lucky to have you as a friend. You're already kind of my hero! Lol. 

1 minute ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Oh sweetheart. Any lady will be lucky to have you as a friend. You're already kind of my hero! Lol. 

Aw, shucks. :wub:

1 hour ago, coolhand luke said:

I have been fortunate enough that there are several ladies that do call or text or email me just to say hello.  I also do it occasionally as well when I am just thinking about them because I also care about them.

^^ What he said ^^

2 hours ago, coolhand luke said:

Agree completely, I have been more than furtunate in these regards myself. I have made some wonderful friends in this hobby, and it always puts a smile on my face when I hear from these wonderful ladies, because I know they actually care about how I am doing as much as I care about how they are doing.😊

Can't say I have had this happen like ever. I think it is very cool if people make that kind of connection though.

I read the many responses on this thread and was surprised to see that nobody seemed to be contacted (marketed to) by the "crew from Texas". I'll refrain from mentioning who they are but perhaps some of you know who I'm talking about.

I've always been PM'ed on P411 by the "crew chief" lady on P411 as to her imminent arrival in Denver along with a cute message asking to setup a meeting. I didn't care too much since a message on P411 isn't very intrusive. A few months later, I started receiving heads up emails from another lady in her crew who I'd never met before! Kind of annoying that she'd share my email like that but whatever...

More recently, I met yet another lady part of this crew. It was a good experience by hobby standards but not what I really like. In short it was like eating tofu. I was full but not really satisfied. And some conversation we had during the session made me rather upset regarding the way these ladies think of the hobby and how they're making dough by being ultra-high volume. I felt like it had some subtext of being brainwashed but that's a story for another day.

Anyway, so a few weeks later, when some of these crew members are back in town, I receive cutesy texts and emails from the one I'd met as well as the other one who I've never met or contacted! I was pissed to say the least. I had a mental image of them having an Excel spreadsheet with our emails, numbers and cities and sending out promo messages a few days prior. Damn! I politely asked them to not contact me anymore since I'll never see anyone from that gang (or maybe from Texas) ever again.

Oh yeah, mental note to try and meet Laci sometime. She sounds awesome!

On 11/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

If a lady reaches out to you it's because she genuinely wants to know how you're doing, not to fish for a visit. You should be able to spot the difference

but I have definitely only reached out in a genuine way or when I knew it was okay to do so! :) 

20 minutes ago, Leena_rose said:

If a lady reaches out to you it's because she genuinely wants to know how you're doing, not to fish for a visit. You should be able to spot the difference

but I have definitely only reached out in a genuine way or when I knew it was okay to do so! :) 

And that’s the way it should be.  Making a connection with your partner makes everything else so much more fun.  And it’s pretty easy to recognize it if it’s fake.