Laci French

Please be careful driving in this mess

34 posts in this topic

I was on the highway and a big rig flipped and slid across the highway into the grass right in front of me. 

Stay safe and slow down. 

5 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I was on the highway and a big rig flipped and slid across the highway into the grass right in front of me. 

Stay safe and slow down. 

Glad you were not involved it the accident, and that you are okay.

Thans why I keep an extra pair of  of clean underware in my bag, you start out clean and Shit Happens.

All kidding aside Gla you are Ok and you are right. Drive with care.

The driver was okay and it touched my heart deeply to see how Colorado drivers show up.  9 vehicles stopped to ask if anyone needed help. #peopledontsuck 😂

Stay safe out there. Seems the first couple snows always catch drivers off guard. 

Also remember just cause you have a big truck, SUV, 4x4 it doesn't me you can still drive 80miles an hour and stop on a dime

31 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Also remember just cause you have a big truck, SUV, 4x4 it doesn't mean you can still drive 80 miles an hour and stop on a dime

So very true, yes they are great at getting moving in bad weather conditions, but they do not stop any better than any other vehicle. Drive safe and watch out for the ones that do not.

If you are observant, you will note that it is almost always four-wheel-drives that are upside down or sideways on the side of the road in snowstorms.  The drivers forget that their rig makes it possible to go faster in the snow but not stop faster, and they steer much worse in the snow than rear wheel drive autos.

18 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

If you are observant, you will note that it is almost always four-wheel-drives that are upside down or sideways on the side of the road in snowstorms.  The drivers forget that their rig makes it possible to go faster in the snow but not stop faster, and they steer much worse in the snow than rear wheel drive autos.

Or in other worded;

More 4WD vehicles are involved in accidents on snow and ice than 2WD. Since snow and ice provide only marginal traction (so marginal that you need 4WD/AWD to start moving) and not enough lateral force can be created to support the tires during a turn, they slip sideways and the vehicle falls off the road.

All motor vehicles need traction for safe steering - 4WD/AWD does not provide extra traction for steering. All cars need traction for safe braking - 4WD/AWD does not provide extra traction for braking.

:cool:

Edited by Kaduk
from the Google-net

1 minute ago, Audrey Astor said:

Glad he was ok.

More reason that we should just stay in by the fire, have hot buttered rums, and f**k like bunnies.

Out of rep points.

+1+1+1

11 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Glad he was ok.

More reason that we should just stay in by the fire, have hot buttered rums, and f**k like bunnies.

Ahhh, but unless one has a live in, some one has to get out! And is that rums or bums? 😎

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Stay safe and slow down. 

Flipped over .... big rig ..... waiting for you in the grass. Hmmmmm 😻

Just now, gr8owl said:

Flipped over .... big rig ..... waiting for you in the grass. Hmmmmm 😻

It does have the makings of a penthouse letter...😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, Laci French said:

It does have the makings of a penthouse letter...😂😂😂

Maybe he wanted to make naked snow angels with you so he flipped he truck to get your attention

All kidding aside, glad everyone was safe and sound

It's not a funny matter to watch someone crash!!

Hope all involved are okay!! The weather hasn't even gotten bad yet!

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Glad he was ok.

I'm cooking a roast with taters and veggies.  Then taking a plates over and having dinner with a lady friend who can't get out of her house because of a very recent surgery.  If not for the dinner, I'd be staying in today and watching the rest of the 3rd season of Daredevil.  Hope everyone stays safe and warm today.

^^ THIS ^^ is why I don’t winter in CO if I can help it.  

We’re having terrible weather, 50s w/drizzle. Actually had to put clothes on for mimosas at the fire pit this morning. 😜

Laci, glad that both you & the driver are OK.  👍

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Glad he was ok.

More reason that we should just stay in by the fire, have rug burns, and f**k like bunnies.

I fixed it for you. :D

2 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Or in other worded;

More 4WD vehicles are involved in accidents on snow and ice than 2WD. Since snow and ice provide only marginal traction (so marginal that you need 4WD/AWD to start moving) and not enough lateral force can be created to support the tires during a turn, they slip sideways and the vehicle falls off the road.

All motor vehicles need traction for safe steering - 4WD/AWD does not provide extra traction for steering. All cars need traction for safe braking - 4WD/AWD does not provide extra traction for braking.

:cool:

So true. Spray the highway with WD40 and get the same results.

8 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Stay safe out there. Seems the first couple snows always catch drivers off guard. 

Also remember just cause you have a big truck, SUV, 4x4 it doesn't me you can still drive 80miles an hour and stop on a dime

They are also like me.....

Top heavy...( • )( • )

Sorry couldn't resist myself 😂😂 

8 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Glad he was ok.

I like the way you think! 😊

Everyone, please be patient with your rideshare drivers tonight. They are driving slower and caught up in the crazy weather and traffic. Just remember the goal is to get their passengers and themselves to all destinations safely. Even if they take longer to get to you, or get you to your destination, please tip generously. They put their lives and their vehicles in jeopardy to make sure we get to our appts, our dinners, our parties with friends and family safely. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THOSE THAT TAKE CARE OF US. 😁

It seems that so many people ignore the simple fact that it is not the GO that will save your butt, it's the WHOA!  Anything that comes between your tires and the bare pavement drastically reduces that WHOA.  Whether it be water, snow, ice, mud, oil, etc.  Years ago I tried a set of ice rated tire and couldn't believe the difference.  At least check your tire for good tread depth.  The ass you save may be your own!

All jokes aside, I hope everyone is safe this weekend. Having been out on the roads tonight in N. Denver, it's bad out there and I wouldn't make cause for anyone to be out. Stay safe and smart.

My kids and I went out spinning doughnuts in parking lots last night.  More fun than monkeys in a barrel - doughnuts and hot chocolate.  We love losses of traction.  Skiing soon!

Edited by BadBoy

2 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

My kids and I went out spinning doughnuts in parking lots last night.  More fun than monkeys in a barrel - doughnuts and hot chocolate.  We love losses of traction.  Skiing soon!

You haven’t lived until you’ve done doughtnuts with a deuce ’n a half 🤪

59 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Haven't been able to do a good donut with all these smart cars and traction control, awd.... makes donuts less fun.

Back in High School (many, many moons ago) I used to love taking my 56 Ford or my 56 Chevy out in snow packed roads and parkg lots and do donuts...

Until I goosed my Ford one too many times and hit a parked car.

My parents took away my keys for 2 months and then the state took away my drivers license for 6 months and I had to fix the damage to my Ford by myself.

Learned my lesson and have never done it again.

2 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Haven't been able to do a good donut with all these smart cars and traction control, awd.... makes donuts less fun.

AWD and 4WD are for sissies, nothing like a RWD sports sedan, driving two wheels as God intended. :rolleyes:  And, yes, it is the car I drive in the snow and take to go skiing.  I've been driving on snow for a half-century, it's all in the technique (not to mention the brand new snow tires made in Finland).  Between the horsepower and the RWD, it is the doughnut queen!

Edited by BadBoy