Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Richards

Happy 243rd Birthday USMC ...... Semper fi

7 posts in this topic

As a Marine during the Vietnam era I still celebrate Nov 10, not like I use to many years ago in my dress blues.  The link below will give you a story from a military family.

Happy Birthday USMC.  7 more years to till the big 250th birthday!  I hope the Good Lord let's me stick around for it.

Semper fi    https://patch.com/texas/across-tx/marine-corps-birthday-what-it-means-marines

BR

Edited by Bob Richards

Semper Fi, brother.

We held our Rememberance/Veterans’ Day ceremonies this afternoon. Lots of Canadian military (many retired members) in the park.  There are also a few retired USMC; I wished them a Happy Birthday.

1 hour ago, Bob Richards said:

As a Marine during the Vietnam era I still celebrate Nov 10, not like I use to many years ago in my dress blues.  The link below will give you a story from a military family.

Happy Birthday USMC.  7 more years to till the big 250th birthday!  I hope the Good Lord let's me stick around for it.

Semper fi    https://patch.com/texas/across-tx/marine-corps-birthday-what-it-means-marines

BR

Thank you for your service, sir!

Semper Fi from one to others.  I always celebrate Veterans Day!!!.  One of my sons is in the Navy and we make it a point to especially call each other on that day.  It is also a time for me to reflect on my not so fortunate buddies, which I do often anyway.  God Bless!

PS: watch out for those Field 10's

13 hours ago, briscorp1 said:

Ooh rah. Get some, devil dogs. (USMC 1989-1993)

89 to 94 here, were you East or West coast?

1. Hey Bob, great post., and thank you for your service. My daddy was a Marine as were two other uncles.  And my grandfather was on a ship with the Navy during World War ll. And I am proud to say my family has  represented ourselves well .in the armed services.