Audrey Astor

First World Problems...

28 posts in this topic

When you can’t hook up a new electric device because your WiFi is 5Ghz, you add 2.4Ghz, but now Alexa won’t work, the new dishwasher can not be installed until after Thanksgiving, your key FOB battery is dying, and you don’t have any faves scheduled for the near future. 😑 

20 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

When you can’t hook up a new electric device because your WiFi is 5Ghz, you add 2.4Ghz, but now Alexa won’t work, the new dishwasher can not be installed until after Thanksgiving, your key FOB battery is dying, and you don’t have any faves scheduled for the near future. 😑 

Well, I read the first 3 and thought, yep first world problems, but then I read you missing your favs, and it broke my heart 😢💔

37 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, you could try these, of course  YMMV :-)

1.  Move as far away from the router as you can (and still be connected) and try to add the device.
2. Try your wifi settings, some routers will let you 'downgrade' to 2.4.

With everything all connected to the internet and since I don't remember any of my passwords anyway nothing works would like to go back to my flip phone. Also with the employment situation where it is nothing ever gets done in a timely fashion sorry about the other

Just now, airamericavet65 said:

With everything all connected to the internet and since I don't remember any of my passwords anyway nothing works would like to go back to my flip phone. Also with the employment situation where it is nothing ever gets done in a timely fashion sorry about the other

Right?

i forgot the Keurig sounds like the motor is dying.😩

2 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Right?

I don't rely on a Keurig all I need is the water supply and the coffee maker it's always available stop in if you're short

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

That's normal. I have relatives with Keurigs and they all sound like about to die. That said, they do seem like they don't have a long life (mom is on her 2nd or 3rd machine in about 5yrs).

Personally, not a fan of Keurig other than in say an office environment: almost every brand of cup tastes the same to me, and not great (Kirkland Pacific Bold is not bad, Whole Foods brand as well). At home, French press and relatively freshly ground coffee (I burr grind a few days worth of coffee at a time and store it in an air resistant container).

Drip, Mr. Coffee gets good reviews for the quality of the coffee brewed and would agree: basket (so not working to death the grounds in the point of cone machines [eg. Krups]), good job of getting water to proper temperatures. Can get one for cheap. Add in using a reusable filter to get extra flavor (paper filters also filter out the  flavor nuggets), get a good cup of joe in just about same time it takes for Keurig to warm up and brew a cup.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

1 hour ago, NoCoGeezer said:

That's normal. I have relatives with Keurigs and they all sound like about to die. That said, they do seem like they don't have a long life (mom is on her 2nd or 3rd machine in about 5yrs).

Personally, not a fan of Keurig other than in say an office environment: almost every brand of cup tastes the same to me, and not great (Kirkland Pacific Bold is not bad, Whole Foods brand as well). At home, French press and relatively freshly ground coffee (I burr grind a few days worth of coffee at a time and store it in an air resistant container).

Drip, Mr. Coffee gets good reviews for the quality of the coffee brewed and would agree: basket (so not working to death the grounds in the point of cone machines [eg. Krups]), good job of getting water to proper temperatures. Can get one for cheap. Add in using a reusable filter to get extra flavor (paper filters also filter out the  flavor nuggets), get a good cup of joe in just about same time it takes for Keurig to warm up and brew a cup.

The key with the Keurig taste issues is, you really need to run vinegar through the system a lot more often.  At the very least once a month, but any time you notice the taste getting a little bland, run it through.

5 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Book a trip to Maui!

Ok looks like I have a coffee date, and a Maui date. Life is on the mend!😂🤣😂

27 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Ok looks like I have a coffee date, and a Maui date. Life is on the mend!😂🤣😂

A date taking you to Hawaii? Wow lucky gal, but well deserved I'm sure

Or I could show up with a take-out Starbucks and take you to the moon. :rolleyes:

Let’s attack these problems one at a time.

I don’t know this gal Alexa, nor how to connect gigs wizzes, but I am good for the dishwasher. 😃

I’ll never forget the time Circuit City sent 2 geniuses to my home on New Year’s Day to install a new dishwasher as a freebie.  I was having a dinner party that night. One of the geniuses pulled himself up using the drain pipe under the sink. He broke off the disposal and sink drain. Getting a plumber on New Years Day was impossible. 

6 hours ago, petey-9950 said:

Maybe a trip to kansas and Starbucks in Colby?   

Whoa cowboy! Don’t get too crazy here.😂

19 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I am already missing all the ladies I met last week, and it is looking like I will be spending the Holidays by myself this year. Yep-should have stayed in Denver.☹☹

21 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I hear Alexa is a bitch and doesn’t like the ladies or play well with other ladies.

A dishwasher can be installed in a few hours by someone who has middlin knowledge of plumbing and or handyman capabilities.

Ace Hardware will replace the battery in your key fob. Remember, “Ace is the place of the helpful hardware man”.

The biggest problem you have that I read here is that there are no faves scheduled to play with.  That is a problem and your faves should rectify this situation immediately.

Maybe you can find another fave at Ace? Solve 2 problems at once. 😂😂

45 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I hear Alexa is a bitch and doesn’t like the ladies or play well with other ladies.

A dishwasher can be installed in a few hours by someone who has middlin knowledge of plumbing and or handyman capabilities.

Ace Hardware will replace the battery in your key fob. Remember, “Ace is the place of the helpful hardware man”.

The biggest problem you have that I read here is that there are no faves scheduled to play with.  That is a problem and your faves should rectify this situation immediately.

Maybe you can find another fave at Ace? Solve 2 problems at once. 😂😂

Sounds like your volunteering to be the handyman 

19 hours ago, LightningP said:

Book a trip to Maui!

This always resets my smile! Makes me worry a lot less about my first world problems too and I definitely seem to forget about my material items that cause stress haha 🤣🌴🌺🌊I feel for you Audrey though, I do! Coffee before everything 

6 hours ago, goodguy69 said:

I am already missing all the ladies I met last week, and it is looking like I will be spending the Holidays by myself this year. Yep-should have stayed in Denver.☹☹

No way dude, I gather from the scuttlebutt that you are a popular fellow with the ladies - grab a cheap flight to Denver on December 22 and fly back on December 25 (best day of the year to fly), and spend your Christmas Money on some lovely Denver ladies, who would love to spend the Holidays with you and keep you company.  Denver is fun at Christmas, all lit up and sparkly and such.

Jesus would want you to do it, help him celebrate his birthday.

5 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

No way dude, I gather from the scuttlebutt that you are a popular fellow with the ladies - grab a cheap flight to Denver on December 22 and fly back on December 25 (best day of the year to fly), and spend your Christmas Money on some lovely Denver ladies, who would love to spend the Holidays with you and keep you company.  Denver is fun at Christmas, all lit up and sparkly and such.

Jesus would want you to do it, help him celebrate his birthday.

Definitely  glad to hear the scuttlbutt is good, will definitely  have to check into the flight situation, as i would love to see any one or all of those wonderful ladies again, and I should be able to rest up between now and then, for round 2.😊😊😊

I do hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, and gets to stuff something, up to you whether its a turkey or something else that is wonderful to eat😁😁😁

13 minutes ago, goodguy69 said:

Definitely  glad to hear the scuttlbutt is good, will definitely  have to check into the flight situation, as i would love to see any one or all of those wonderful ladies again, and I should be able to rest up between now and then, for round 2.😊😊😊

I do hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, and gets to stuff something, up to you whether its a turkey or something else that is wonderful to eat😁😁😁

Dec 22 is a GREAT day! 🎂

19 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Dec 22 is a GREAT day! 🎂

Thank you😊

On 11/7/2018 at 0:58 PM, NoCoGeezer said:

I bought the generic brand of Keurig(Hamilton Beach)like 5 years ago,  that puppy is still going strong, and I can't live without my vice. I also love doing coffee in a French press.

My first world problems is I have to wash my dishes before putting them in my dishwasher. That I have to clean my house myself since I don't have a housekeeper. My phone is cracked, and I am annoyed that I had to buy an otter case to protect it until I can get a new one. My Chinese food tasted like fish tonight, and I drove to pick it up because I was too lazy to cook tonight, but more than willing to drive to get it so I could enjoy the radio on the way.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I have to say that I LOVE the fact that on this site people can take a moment and actually be real and honest and talk about things like tips for Keurig machines or where to get a new battery for your key fob.  This is life, sharing info and suggestions and to then think that that nice lady who is handy with repairs is handy in other ways is a huge plus!

19 hours ago, Bravo1 said:

I have to say that I LOVE the fact that on this site people can take a moment and actually be real and honest and talk about things like tips for Keurig machines or where to get a new battery for your key fob.  This is life, sharing info and suggestions and to then think that that nice lady who is handy with repairs is handy in other ways is a huge plus!

Remember to regularly run vinegar through your Keurig to descale and clean the funk out of it.