Hunter VanDyke

Question for the Gents

54 posts in this topic

I don't mind booking assistants, so long as they are good.  If they understand their job, have a good presence, etc., and mainly if they answer the goddamned phone it is preferable to enduring the frustrating contact dance with a provider who has lots going on.  In the real world, nobody can book directly with me, they have to go through my assistant, which makes my life much better, why would I begrudge you that option?  With all the timewasting fuckery on the part of some guys, it seems like the assistant would allow the provider to be in a better mood, which we all agree would be a good thing.

On the other hand, going back to the real world, once someone hires me, they can talk to me directly about anything other than scheduling, and I would urge you not to use the assistant as a shield from your existing clients, you should correspond directly after the first meeting for anything other than scheduling appointments.

There used to be a pretty good agency here in town that was great for last-minute arrangements, and when you called you always got a pretty scruffy sounding dude.  Once I got past that, I liked it because he was good at what he did and, not to over-stress this point, he always answered the goddamned phoneB)

Dang it I hit send before I was finished. I hate it when that happens. I like the personal interaction with the YL. I do put a lot of stock in her inflections, her tone. How she responds to questions. That is just me and like I said I am not a mover, shaker.

2 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

I prefer the booking agents.  My ATF uses one.  It makes the communication much more seamless at first.  They do the screening and once the screening and date is set then I received the phone number.  I know the guys that don't like it are looking for that "special connection" with a provider but I'm just looking for an hour of fun with an attractive woman.  I don't need to be coddled and even though I don't do it, a client can text her after he receives her number.  I think it's a more streamlined process for the ladies, so they don't have to deal with the time wasters and there are some very messed up guys that contact providers, which they would no longer have to deal with.

Well, that is pretty much the route I'm thinking about taking. If you don't mind,and your ATF doesn't mind, would you mind pming me her info. I would love to pick her brain, with her permission of course. Thanks bear. 😘

51 minutes ago, scarecrow said:

I have to admit, seeing the assistant kinda excites me too.

I bet you aren't the first guy who's fantasized about the assistant! Lol.

Just being honest with this, not saying a provider should or shouldn't do it.  How the hell would a hobbyist know if they were speaking to you or to your schedulling assistant?  If I called for a screening conversation and then showed up for appointment, I honestly don't think I would pick up on any voice differences unless one of you sounds like Carol Channing.   Sometimes what you don't know, doesn't hurt you...

I can't recall the last time I actually spoke to a young lady prior to meeting her - it always seems to be text, PM or email.  In that case, what difference would it make?  I just don't want the assistant to answer the door.

Edited by BadBoy

11 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I can't recall the last time I actually spoke to a young lady prior to meeting her - it always seems to be text, PM or email.  In that case, what difference would it make?  I just don't want the assistant to answer the door.

Could end up an impromtu threesome, as long as she is hot😂😂🤣🤣

I have used booking agents many times. Not a problem for me. Appointments are booked more promptly and faster response time. 

Think of Private Connections, 4 Seasons,  Bianca, etc.  All used a scheduling assistant.

My only suggestion is, if a problem personality is reported by clients, correct the issue promptly before it affects your business and reputation. 

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

On the other hand, going back to the real world, once someone hires me, they can talk to me directly about anything other than scheduling, and I would urge you not to use the assistant as a shield from your existing clients, you should correspond directly after the first meeting for anything other than scheduling appointments.

I agree with this 100%. This part is something very important to me!

I think it would open up a world of options not currently offered, options for multiple screening methods, the possibility of seeing newbies, possibly doing outcalls. I'm horribly slow with technology, I can see a lot of benefits.

Thank you all for your input on this topic. I found it all extremely helpful. The positives and the negatives from your guys perspective/experience. I know there aren't many independent ladies interested in this route, but for those of you who are, I hope you found this thread informative. I sure did. I have made a decision. Thanks again everyone. 💙💙💙💙

12 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Thank you all for your input on this topic. I found it all extremely helpful. The positives and the negatives from your guys perspective/experience. I know there aren't many independent ladies interested in this route, but for those of you who are, I hope you found this thread informative. I sure did. I have made a decision. Thanks again everyone. 💙💙💙💙

Will you share your decision?

7 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

I prefer the booking agents.  My ATF uses one.  It makes the communication much more seamless at first.  They do the screening and once the screening and date is set then I received the phone number.  I know the guys that don't like it are looking for that "special connection" with a provider but I'm just looking for an hour of fun with an attractive woman.  I don't need to be coddled and even though I don't do it, a client can text her after he receives her number.  I think it's a more streamlined process for the ladies, so they don't have to deal with the time wasters and there are some very messed up guys that contact providers, which they would no longer have to deal with.

This ^^^^^^^.

I know I'm a client. I want a good provider. An hour, or two, of pure fantasy fun!

I have good friends, and don't need a wife/girlfriend. 

Whatever makes booking easier, and faster, makes me happier!

Hey Hunter. Assuming a provider (such as yourself) has passed scrutiny with me prior to my reaching out, her use of an assistant would simply inform me that she was 1) smart, 2) enterprising, and 3) prospering. Go for it! :) 

I saw a girl named Bianca who used a booking assistant and it all worked out well. Would see her again, except it's been many moons since she's been here...

On the client side of things, one thing we really dislike is the idea that the woman is being pimped (or, at least I do). That is why we like contact with the provider directly. If you do decide to use someone to book your appointments, then I would highly suggest that person be female. Anytime there is a man in the equation of all this, no matter if it's your burly gay friend who you asked for protection and pay out of your own roll, on the hobbiest side of things if there is a man around, we think pimp.

And since even the most consensual sex work is being conflated with human trafficking in LE's eyes, this is not a trivial concern. It may even be a problem for your friend who books for you with the best of intentions, who is practically your employee. Should you become a target of a sting, the person booking for you might end up being charged as a human trafficker just for setting appointments for you.

I do see the advantages of it of using a booker from the client's side as well. I tend to be someone who books on short notice, so when I reach out to a provider who has indicated she is looking for appointments for the day and don't get an immediate response, I think that the provider may either be currently involved in an appointment or preparing for an appointment and can't get back, and if that's the case, then my message may be buried under several other messages at that point and when the provider can get back to her phone, might consider mine a dry lead. In that case, a booker who knows the provider's schedule and can spend the time to vet potential clients could have worked me into their schedule for the day, where a single person doing everything alone might not have. It would also allow the provider to maximize their daily schedule, and their service could be a win-win for everyone involved.

Hunter, I’ll have my girl call your girl! We’ll just let them handle the details 😎

2 hours ago, seneca12 said:

I saw a girl named Bianca who used a booking assistant and it all worked out well. Would see her again, except it's been many moons since she's been here...

On the client side of things, one thing we really dislike is the idea that the woman is being pimped (or, at least I do). That is why we like contact with the provider directly. If you do decide to use someone to book your appointments, then I would highly suggest that person be female. Anytime there is a man in the equation of all this, no matter if it's your burly gay friend who you asked for protection and pay out of your own roll, on the hobbiest side of things if there is a man around, we think pimp.

And since even the most consensual sex work is being conflated with human trafficking in LE's eyes, this is not a trivial concern. It may even be a problem for your friend who books for you with the best of intentions, who is practically your employee. Should you become a target of a sting, the person booking for you might end up being charged as a human trafficker just for setting appointments for you.

I do see the advantages of it of using a booker from the client's side as well. I tend to be someone who books on short notice, so when I reach out to a provider who has indicated she is looking for appointments for the day and don't get an immediate response, I think that the provider may either be currently involved in an appointment or preparing for an appointment and can't get back, and if that's the case, then my message may be buried under several other messages at that point and when the provider can get back to her phone, might consider mine a dry lead. In that case, a booker who knows the provider's schedule and can spend the time to vet potential clients could have worked me into their schedule for the day, where a single person doing everything alone might not have. It would also allow the provider to maximize their daily schedule, and their service could be a win-win for everyone involved.

I also used to see Bianca. If I remember right her assistant was a sweet lady named Pixel. It worked for her necause Pixel was so fun to talk too. 

I think it can work with the right assistant.

Obviously, I've worked with both booking agents and independents . Both have "forgotten " appointments .

Dealing with a booking agent... Not for me.

I did it 10 years ago or so with a FBSM lady who has long since retired and shall remain nameless.

Edited by ilovewomen

On 11/5/2018 at 8:18 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

I've recently been considering getting a booking assistant.  How do you guys feel about this way of scheduling appointments? Does this freak you out, turn you off? Are there some of you who would never contact a provider who uses a booking assistant? Truth be told, I don't communicate much at all until after screening is complete anyway, and even then communication is limited until our first encounter. Once we have a visit, I would still be available to chit chat with my friends, and they would always have a direct way to communicate with me. I just think as far as scheduling goes, it would be much more efficient to have a dedicated person to handle that while I'm working, or with family, sleeping, traveling or sick. Lots of businesses have receptionists/appointment setters, but I just don't know how comfortable you guys are with it in this business. There aren't any providers in the Denver area that use one that I'm aware of. I'm wondering if it might be a taboo topic. I would appreciate your honest thoughts and comments. Thanks.

I prefer as few people involved as necessary. I've seen girls with assistants. Things'll get screwed up eventually. The two problems I've run into is being sent to the wrong address, and being booked for the wrong provider. People make mistakes. I get it. But ruins the experience. Plus, there's a certain coldness when talking to an agent vs provider that kinda dampens the mood. 

That said, it can work. Train her up well. Make sure she knows the charge she faces if she gets caught. It's only right. Full consent and all. Hopefully it works out. 

a lot of good points pro and con and nothing more to add.  I have used both but honestly prefer direct contact.  I can see your point and hope a booking agent works out for you if this is what you choose.  Just not my cup of tea anymore. 

I like the idea. It could, however, provide a greater exposure to risks.

On the upside, it simplifies the process for both clients and providers. There used to be a scheduler in MN that handled appointments for many of the body rub girls. I got lucky and booked with one of those girls my first time out. After that, I was on the list and pre-screened for most other providers I was interested in. The scheduler was also available to provide references for me to providers he didn't handle. It turned out he was the significant other of one of the popular providers in the area and when their relationship ended, so did the booking service. Also, some clients were distraught when they found out he was a guy. ;)

On the downside, it centralizes information. If a scheduler who handles multiple providers is compromised, then multiple providers' and clients' data is compromised as well. I'd suggest you find someone who can prove he/she uses good data protection practices (E.g. uses encrypted email such as protonmail and also has a process for encrypting your data and your clients' data).

Good luck!

Email/Voicemail/PM 

allow the above to be your booking agent! Yes, sometimes there are glitches with electronics. However, call again! If you can’t get a hold of her still? Contact someone she might know who will help relay a message and have seen in the past.

Hunter I think you’re settling yourself up for problems by trusting and possibly paying someone to answe your phone for you. Also, clients will know if the style of your typed  emails changing  too and people love predictability in this world!

Enjoy your busy workload it’s money and money pays the bills. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

Th ere have been several ladies over the years that had an assistant to do the initial booking and screening.  There was one lady with a very friendly and warm personality that represented several ladies.  I never had a problem with it and developed a friendly relationship with the" booking agent".  I once asked her if she was available and she said, she was a single mom working out of her kitchen and had no babysitter.  I think it all depends on how well the agent or provider responds and keeps track of the commitments made.

One thing would be weird is if the assistant is a current or very recently retired provider.  A guy would hear a potentially familiar voice, recognize who it is, and the "oh no someone else knows who I am choosing to see" radar goes off.  Or worse from the other direction "Why is one of my regulars now seeing X that I'm taking calls for?"  and then even very subtly giving the guy a hard time about his choice.  It'd have to be someone not really involved here.