Hunter VanDyke

Question for the Gents

54 posts in this topic

I've recently been considering getting a booking assistant.  How do you guys feel about this way of scheduling appointments? Does this freak you out, turn you off? Are there some of you who would never contact a provider who uses a booking assistant? Truth be told, I don't communicate much at all until after screening is complete anyway, and even then communication is limited until our first encounter. Once we have a visit, I would still be available to chit chat with my friends, and they would always have a direct way to communicate with me. I just think as far as scheduling goes, it would be much more efficient to have a dedicated person to handle that while I'm working, or with family, sleeping, traveling or sick. Lots of businesses have receptionists/appointment setters, but I just don't know how comfortable you guys are with it in this business. There aren't any providers in the Denver area that use one that I'm aware of. I'm wondering if it might be a taboo topic. I would appreciate your honest thoughts and comments. Thanks.

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

Honestly,

I would never reach out to someone if I new for sure they had a scheduling assistant. Descrection is key in this industry and I prefer to schedule directly with the person I am going to see. I do understand the limited chit chat prior to appts as this is a business. Communication directly with the young lady gives you some idea of who they are as a person as well as letting them know what kind of person you are, and wether or not you will be a good fit, rather than dealing with someone that you are never going to meet, and who may not worry about anybodies interests other than thier own. Hope that is the kind of information you were looking for. Have a wonderful day.

Sugar Britches😊😊

Just my 2 cents

I’ve had several experiences with them and it’s always been positive. It was kind of weird the first time because I was expecting a response back from the woman I reached out to, but the assistant immediately identified herself so I knew the response came in. The response was quick and polite and extremely clear. The best part was that she was the assistant of several women in that area so I was able to use her for additional dates seamlessly. 

The thing is not all profiles are up to date with availability. Between autoposts, p411 showing something different, or nothing listed at all I found with the assistant that she laid out several availability options and I never once felt like I was pestering. 

Though I understand the desire to off load some of the scheduling hassles, I prefer to schedule directly with the lady I want to see.  It makes it feel more personal and, if it is someone I haven't seen before, it gives me an idea of their personality.  And if it is someone I have seen before, I just enjoy the texts and/or conversation prior to the appointment.  Just my 2 cents.

35 minutes ago, goodguy69 said:

Honestly,

I would never reach out to someone if I new for sure they had a scheduling assistant. Descrection is key in this industry and I prefer to schedule directly with the person I am going to see. I do understand the limited chit chat prior to appts as this is a business. Communication directly with the young lady gives you some idea of who they are as a person as well as letting them know what kind of person you are, and wether or not you will be a good fit, rather than dealing with someone that you are never going to meet, and who may not worry about anybodies interests other than thier own. Hope that is the kind of information you were looking for. Have a wonderful day.

Sugar Britches😊😊

Just my 2 cents

Yes, this is the exact information I am looking for. This would be someone who is close to me, and knows my personal likes, and dislikes, and what I'm looking for in a potential date. But from your perspective, do forum presences, reviews for the ladies, and from the gentlemen, references etc give you a sense if we're a good fit? Or do you rely mainly on your intial interactions during your appt requests? Mine are fairly general, and specific, and identical for each request. Sometimes that veers off a little, but not often. I would definitely like an assistant to follow those same guidelines for prescreening. Thanks for your feedback GG. I can tell this might be a risky adventure on my part. 

This might actually be helpful for both sides. Communication seems to be the hardest part of this game. With someone devoted to making sure everyone is taken care of with quick and efficient responses could be a very good thing.

I definitely do not care for booking assistants, Recently with a visiting provider, who has a booking assistant scheduled a time with the lady personally via text. Earlier sent a request via 411. Happened to check on 411, got a reply saying that time was not available. Had to get back with the lady and find out what was going on. 

6 minutes ago, LightningP said:

This might actually be helpful for both sides. Communication seems to be the hardest part of this game. With someone devoted to making sure everyone is taken care of with quick and efficient responses could be a very good thing.

I actually had you in mind when I was thinking about this from the clients perspective. 😉

42 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

I’ve had several experiences with them and it’s always been positive. It was kind of weird the first time because I was expecting a response back from the woman I reached out to, but the assistant immediately identified herself so I knew the response came in. The response was quick and polite and extremely clear. The best part was that she was the assistant of several women in that area so I was able to use her for additional dates seamlessly. 

The thing is not all profiles are up to date with availability. Between autoposts, p411 showing something different, or nothing listed at all I found with the assistant that she laid out several availability options and I never once felt like I was pestering. 

I would definitely like an assistant who does book for other ladies, i would want her all to myself, so you might not like that part. Lol.

Screening does take time. Back and forth msgs with the client and provider, and then back and forth msgs between multiple references for each client. With clients prefering more last minute appts now because of busy work schedules, if I am tied up for an hour or so with work or family, it just seems like it would make things much easier for myself and clients to connect in a more timely fashion. Quick question... after you got your screening out of the way, and visit time set, were you able to communicate with the ladies directly if you wanted or needed too?

8 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

I definitely do not care for booking assistants, Recently with a visiting provider, who has a booking assistant scheduled a time with the lady personally via text. Earlier sent a request via 411. Happened to check on 411, got a reply saying that time was not available. Had to get back with the lady and find out what was going on. 

Now that is confusing. It doesn't sound like a very good idea to have both the provider and asst doing the appt setting at the same time. Thanks for sharing the downside from your experience. The way it went down with you, definitely defeats the whole purpose of even needing an asset. 😕

20 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Yes, this is the exact information I am looking for. This would be someone who is close to me, and knows my personal likes, and dislikes, and what I'm looking for in a potential date. But from your perspective, do forum presences, reviews for the ladies, and from the gentlemen, references etc give you a sense if we're a good fit? Or do you rely mainly on your intial interactions during your appt requests? Mine are fairly general, and specific, and identical for each request. Sometimes that veers off a little, but not often. I would definitely like an assistant to follow those same guidelines for prescreening. Thanks for your feedback GG. I can tell this might be a risky adventure on my part. 

Yes, I do take forum presence, reviews and interaction on the forum into account, but I also like to see how intial personal communication goes as well. I do wish you the best whichever way you choose to go, as this is your business, and if it works for you, I say good for you.😊😊

Here are some thoughts.  Some that have websites can clearly specify the best way to contact, or use a contact form.  With those initially I have no idea whether that person is replying direct or some sort of admin.  So in that case it would not be an issue using an admin.  For those that don’t have a website there are times there aren’t always clear guidelines on Contact protocol.  So again I guess the only way to know  is if you get a text back with questions and later have a different number to use when actually communicating on the ”day of” for directions or arrival contact.  But I do also see the point of being able to chat a bit prior to a meeting to see if there may or may not be a connection.  Now if we called and had to go through a call tree like a help desk that might be another story!  LOL!!!!  It would be kinda funny actually.  Select 1 if you want 30 min, select 2 for 60, select 0 if you are LE!  LOL

21 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I would definitely like an assistant who does book for other ladies, i would want her all to myself, so you might not like that part. Lol.

Screening does take time. Back and forth msgs with the client and provider, and then back and forth msgs between multiple references for each client. With clients prefering more last minute appts now because of busy work schedules, if I am tied up for an hour or so with work or family, it just seems like it would make things much easier for myself and clients to connect in a more timely fashion. Quick question... after you got your screening out of the way, and visit time set, were you able to communicate with the ladies directly if you wanted or needed too?

That one was lady specific. Some took over and direct contacted while others did everything through the assistant. Again, the first doing everything (like all the way up to getting the room number) was so strange but upon entry it was made clear they knew who I was and either read my profile or their assistant filled them in. But for me, and what I’m looking for it didn’t really bother me that I never spoke with the person directly because even now with direct contact it’s incredibly limited and to the point with a few things sprinkled in here and there. I think for some it might be “too business like” but for me it was cool and clean. 

31 minutes ago, goodguy69 said:

Yes, I do take forum presence, reviews and interaction on the forum into account, but I also like to see how intial personal communication goes as well. I do wish you the best whichever way you choose to go, as this is your business, and if it works for you, I say good for you.😊😊

Thanks GG69 💙

32 minutes ago, EBKAC said:

Now if we called and had to go through a call tree like a help desk that might be another story!  LOL!!!!  It would be kinda funny actually.  Select 1 if you want 30 min, select 2 for 60, select 0 if you are LE!  LOL

😂😂😂

I think it's a great idea......

...if you want to reduce your business by 95%.;)

While a lot here say that they'd be wary, you can probably reduce that a bit if you were to communicate in the ad that you have an assistant for at least the initial screening.  I think the only surprise guys like here is the outfit being worn when the door opens...

I like the personal one on one interaction because I think you get a lot of information about personality from it.

Hunter, I think someone like you that has a stellar reputation and a high presence on tob has a better chance of making it work, especially if the assistant is someone you know and are comfortable with.  However, if it’s someone I have not seen that is relatively new and I know they use a booking assistant, I might hesitate to contact, at least until I get a better sense of them.  I recently reached out to someone I have seen before and the response back appeared to be from an agent because they had no clue what I was referring to in a comment I made (inside joke) to the young lady during our meeting.  Honestly, it was kind of a turn off. 

Whatever you decide, I’ll still be calling but it may be an issue for some potential  new clients. 

I do not like booking agents, some of the communications as likes and dislikes are not passed on to the lady. One I know of handles the communications with client but has a gal who handes the screening. She does screen the hell out of you. 

My 2 cents.

I don’t think I like the booking assistant idea. It adds another person to be privy to your intentions. I only want my contact to be with one person from beginning to end. 

Kind a weird to know that there is another person or persons that have a trail of your movements.

No, I would never book with you knowing you have a booking assistant. Period!

1 hour ago, 2Big said:

I think it's a great idea......

...if you want to reduce your business by 95%.;)

Thanks 2Big. 😊

40 minutes ago, wglide2003 said:

I do not like booking agents, some of the communications as likes and dislikes are not passed on to the lady. One I know of handles the communications with client but has a gal who handes the screening. She does screen the hell out of you. 

My 2 cents.

Were you okay with the screening aspect, just not communications after screening was complete?

1 hour ago, TheFinerThings said:

I like the personal one on one interaction because I think you get a lot of information about personality from it.

Hunter, I think someone like you that has a stellar reputation and a high presence on tob has a better chance of making it work, especially if the assistant is someone you know and are comfortable with.  However, if it’s someone I have not seen that is relatively new and I know they use a booking assistant, I might hesitate to contact, at least until I get a better sense of them.  I recently reached out to someone I have seen before and the response back appeared to be from an agent because they had no clue what I was referring to in a comment I made (inside joke) to the young lady during our meeting.  Honestly, it was kind of a turn off. 

Whatever you decide, I’ll still be calling but it may be an issue for some potential  new clients. 

My actual clients would continue to have my number after screening is complete. I would miss my communications with you guys far too much. 💙

Had this experience once...and it was a bit awkward as I was chatting with my new friend and it soon became obvious that the text chats with who I had thought was her had not been passed on. At first she tried to cover her ass, but then copped to having a booker.  Prolly better to be up front with that info or for the booker to screen shot the texts. BTW the date was fabulous.

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

While a lot here say that they'd be wary, you can probably reduce that a bit if you were to communicate in the ad that you have an assistant for at least the initial screening.  I think the only surprise guys like here is the outfit being worn when the door opens...

I thought it would be an good idea to add comments on my website that clearly state how everything would work throughout the process. I would definitely do my best to make everyone as comfortable as possible, for the ones who go for it. 

3 minutes ago, johnnydog said:

Had this experience once...and it was a bit awkward as I was chatting with my new friend and it soon became obvious that the text chats with who I had thought was her had not been passed on. At first she tried to cover her ass, but then copped to having a booker.  Prolly better to be up front with that info or for the booker to screen shot the texts. BTW the date was fabulous.

Agreed, as with everything else in this hobby, it seems like being honest and up front reduces most of the headaches and confusion.

13 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

My actual clients would continue to have my number after screening is complete. I would miss my communications with you guys far too much. 💙

As we would with you!  The communication between dates makes getting together that much more fun!

Part of the fantasy is the belief the lady is looking forward to seeing me and I am not just a name on a ledger.

I think if you can overcome the felling that I might be just another name in an appointment book, having an assistant would be a good idea and free up your time to enjoy life. I think the biggest thing you have going for you is posting on the boards. It is advertisement but also gives people a sense of your personality.

I have to admit, seeing the assistant kinda excites me too.

I'm kind of on the fence with this...

On one hand, I'll be a bit leery setting up an intimate encounter with a third party who won't be involved the event. It would seem to be spreading the exposure out a little too much. I know that all this is a business transaction in the end, but I'd like it to not feel like it's all business. 

On the other hand, I've been ghosted after making contact with some ladies, and some take forever to reply, and for all manner of very good reasons, so I can see from the ladies point of view how it would help.  

I'm just not sure I'd be too comfortable with it.

Edited by Just Another Guy

I am not one of the more active hobbiest but I have reservations about a booking assistant. I have learning to use all of the tools available on TOB. I look a YL posts and responses to topics. I read reviews. The reviews I use  mainly to get an idea of the mechanics of setting an appointment with her and if she is timely. I am more confident of using pm's now as wel