Calisurfgirl

Classic scenes, modern scenarios

17 posts in this topic

After reading the topic in the forum about pumped up songs, it had me thinking... What movies throughout history are amazing and literally timeless. Meaning, throughout history will always ring true, technology evolves, trends change but reality as much as we may mask it, are bold truths. 

My movie is “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”. The title is untrue but a beautiful women is timeless. 

57 minutes ago, Just Another Guy said:

Citizen Kane.  It's almost like watching history repeat itself.

Great movie if you love Citizen Kane you might like Law abiding citizen also. The main character in 300, is also the lead actor in this movie. Great flick.

Secondhand Lions

Edited by tide32
brain fart

There really is only one for me, but of course I am a hopeless romantic:

Edited by BadBoy

Technical difficulties, please stand by...

Edited by BadBoy

Then of course, there is this scene burned into our collective memories (speaking of a car date):

andy.gif

The Shawshank Redemption | 1994 |

BEST LINES:

RED: "Get busy livin', or get busy dyin' ...'"

PRISON GUARD: "If I hear so much as a mouse fart in here the rest of the night, I swear by God and sunny Jesus you'll all visit the infirmary."giphy.gif

"A League of their own"  Love it! "Pillow Talk"  and That Mermaid Movie with Cher and Winona :) ??? I think LoL.. I KNOOOOOWWW NOT classics But I am barely Now seeing The Tony Montana movie 😂😂😂😂 I will Catch Up. I have always been  a Die Hard , Lethal Weapon and Rambo fan :)

On 11/5/2018 at 2:43 AM, Calisurfgirl said:

Great movie if you love Citizen Kane you might like Law abiding citizen also. The main character in 300, is also the lead actor in this movie. Great flick.

Umm. How is Citizen Kane remotely connected to Law Abiding Citizen or 300? Gerard Butler wasn't even born when Citizen Kane was released...

My timeless movie is Dr. Strangelove. Realpolitik perfectly explained in cinematic form.