K2dnvrfun

Well there goes my secret life....

35 posts in this topic

I was being tracked on my phone by a suspicious partner. I had the location turned off but some tech person was helping her hack my phone. Thanks to one of the providers here for telling me to get a “trash phone”. I just have to be careful where I hide the phone.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:04 PM, luv40+ said:

You can opt-out of "most" every "service" google has to offer.

Specifically what you speak of is your Google Maps "location history", Google "Web Activity", and the Google Maps notifications.
to delete your history go to your Google Maps app and in the side menu go to > Your timeline > then the ... in the top right > here you will see what you need to disable/delete

Google notification suggestions feature lives in the "Google Maps" app also, you can disable notification suggestions for nearby places.
go to your Google Maps app and in the side menu go to > Settings > Notifications.... here you can individually enable/disable types of notifications, like "People and Places"(what was prompting you to rate the hotel)

Note: Google uses the "Google sync" feature to sync Google app data across devices(storing a master copy in their cloud)
this data is stored in your "Web Activity", you can pilfer through this and delete specific data, or just erase everything related to "Web Activity"
here is a link explaining how to do all that > https://www.imore.com/how-delete-or-turn-my-activity-your-google-account

but of course this data will probably still be on a backup somewhere forever.

be careful out there and don't forget to wear you cyber-rubber

Honestly, this is the reason I went iPhone for both business (everyday life), that’s includes school, hospital, family and friends. iPhone for hobby as well because the security that iPhone has to offer is one of the only phones that are granted pricey in comparison to android but are harder to hack, also google + and gmail has been more recently hacked because Experian notifies there clients of this. Life lock also states that Apple is harder to hack . Plus Imaps is a better alternative. Happy hobbying.

18 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

If you have Facebook on your IPhone then that security just went out the window.  Apple tracks your every movement too but there's a way to turn it off, just like with Android.  https://www.cultofmac.com/522515/how-to-see-iphone-significant-locations-map/

Interesting. I just checked my significant locations and on one day last week Apple had me 700+ miles from my actual location. ???

But it did accurately track my trip to Europe last summer.

On 11/3/2018 at 5:25 PM, LightningP said:

Worst nightmare scenario. The only time I got busted was from an email in my inbox. Yikes!

You just defined WHY I have so many different email addresses. One for family, one for high school reunions ( I led the team on the last two ) ,one for non industry friends, one for music industry reporter, and the last one for the adult industry.

Ends a lot of confusion...last thing I need to do is accidentally send my grandma an invite to an adult industry event !!

28 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

You just defined WHY I have so many different email addresses. One for family, one for high school reunions ( I led the team on the last two ) ,one for non industry friends, one for music industry reporter, and the last one for the adult industry.

Ends a lot of confusion...last thing I need to do is accidentally send my grandma an invite to an adult industry event !!

No, that would not go over well in any of my worlds either!