airamericavet65

Holiday season

30 posts in this topic

November is here already the year is flying by. Thanksgiving is upon us then Christmas and New Year's what are your plans for the holidays fun things I hope

Lots and lots of ice fishing.  Can’t wait til the lakes freeze and I can once again be at one with the fish as I love to do!!  Who else on here loves the ice??

Thanksgiving is 3 weeks from today and christmas is a short 4 1/2 weeks after that. 😳😳

I'm going to be in Canada during Thanksgiving which will be a first as the last three I was in America and it was absolutely no fun since I'm from the UK.

For Christmas I'm going to Sri Lanka - hopefully it'll be far warmer there than it is in Canada. 

I don't have family here in the Springs so my holidays will be fairly quiet.....if I don't go home Christmas. I guess we will see how it goes.

I'm not sure about Thanksgiving yet, but I'll be in Dallas with my family for Christmas. I'm excited to make my Cioppino on Christmas Eve, and play games with the fam. It's taking everything I have to not put up a Christmas tree before Thankgsgiving. I love Christmas trees. ❤❤❤

On 11/1/2018 at 8:13 AM, airamericavet65 said:

November is here already the year is flying by. Thanksgiving is upon us then Christmas and New Year's what are your plans for the holidays fun things I hope

I'm going to practice kindness and gratitude.  No big plans this year.  I am having some major dental work done and hope to have a new smile by the end of January.  It is keeping me from hobbying for a couple of months (I'm very self conscious about being seen with some missing front teeth), but hope to come back with enthusiasm and more confidence with a new smile.

Wishing a fine holiday season to everyone that is filled with a lot of good experiences and connections.

Will be spending Thanksgiving in Texas Christmas in Salt Lake City and New Year's here in Denver fun time with family everywhere

I really hope there is a "Friendsgiving"

Only because I don't have family here since they all moved away and I don't wanna get stuck eating Chinese again. Hahaha :D

I'm going to the Riviera Maya on Mexico's Yucatan peninsula from Christmas 'till after New Years.  Beaches, diving, snorkeling, sunbathing, unlimited food and booze, now that's Christmas! I just hope Santa can find me so that I can get my traditional lump of coal.

As to Thanksgiving, we are staying home and saving money for our Christmas vacation.  I'm hoping the weather is good enough to go skydiving, I hear that the drop zone has a lot of fun on Black Friday.  If not, I usually go skiing on Black Friday.

Hope you all have fun, whatever your plans.

Edited by BadBoy

On 11/1/2018 at 10:13 AM, airamericavet65 said:

Geezus.  It's the first of November. How about Easter? 

4 hours ago, AmberLynn720 said:

Only because I don't have family here since they all moved away and I don't wanna get stuck eating Chinese again. Hahaha :D

Years ago in California we had an orphans Thanksgiving where all of the people from work who didn't have family nearby got together and celebrated most of the traditions of the season.  

56 minutes ago, Happymon said:

Geezus.  It's the first of November. How about Easter? 

Sometimes you need to make plans in advance

Thanksgiving in mnts, skiing if snow is good, with one side of fam. Stay here at Xmas and other side comes for week. Family family family.

6 hours ago, AmberLynn720 said:

There will definitely be a Friendsgiving. For those of you that don’t have family here please reach out so you don’t have to be alone. 

17 minutes ago, Laci French said:

There will definitely be a Friendsgiving. For those of you that don’t have family here please reach out so you don’t have to be alone. 

REACHING OUT! Lol :wub:

2 hours ago, AmberLynn720 said:

REACHING OUT! Lol :wub:

Are you reaching out with your breasts? 😊

9 hours ago, AmberLynn720 said:

Not this year lil mama. You're having turkey and dressing this year. Lots of groups of TOB loved ones getting together for friendsgivings. Last year I wasnt comfortable enough with anyone, so I stayed home alone. Now that I've met some really awesome people here, and invested time in some real friendships, I know I won't be alone. That says a lot about our community here. 💙

18 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Are you reaching out with your breasts? 😊

I mean only if you want ;):P

For those of you who don’t have any family nearby or won’t be spending time with family, I do hope you reach out to each other so nobody has to spend the day alone.

I am lucky that I do have family that I will spend time with.

To everyone happy holidays 

always  wishing have lots of sweet  memory , love , and kindness to everyone :)  This holidays😍

15 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I'm going to the Riviera Maya on Mexico's Yucatan peninsula from Christmas 'till after New Years.  Beaches, diving, snorkeling, sunbathing, unlimited food and booze, now that's Christmas! I just hope Santa can find me so that I can get my traditional lump of coal.

As to Thanksgiving, we are staying home and saving money for our Christmas vacation.  I'm hoping the weather is good enough to go skydiving, I hear that the drop zone has a lot of fun on Black Friday.  If not, I usually go skiing on Black Friday.

Hope you all have fun, whatever your plans.

Make sure you visit Tulum Chichen Itza is a fantastic place and not that far away

18 hours ago, AmberLynn720 said:

In the past, I've had "Thanksgiving" with friends that are so close I consider them my "family of choice".  It always worked out great.  I provided the main dish and everyone brought their favorite side.  I think things like this are important, especially for those of us that have no actual family.

13 minutes ago, comfortseeker said:

Family, loved ones and cookies for those very special people

Cookies cookies cookies...  

1 minute ago, Laci French said:

Cookies cookies cookies...  

I also like eating muffins and eating a peach....whether it is a holiday or any day ending in a "y".  ;)

One of the great things about my winter quarters is the way they celebrate the holidays.  Dances for Halloween & New Years. A feast for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.  The park supplies the main dish and everybody brings something (appetizers, salads, sides, & desserts).  A great time is had by all.