synoches

Location, Location, Location

35 posts in this topic

I'm curious how others handle the topic of figuring location where it comes to seeing a provider.  I usually prefer lunch visits when I have a bit of downtime from work (allowing me a longer lunch) or after-work on the rare occasion that my workload is such that I can leave a bit early.  That means I like to see providers who are somewhere in the vicinity of me.  Is this rare behavior?  Over the years, I've noticed that maybe half of the providers advertising in Denver don't actually list a "sub-location" like "DTC", "Highlands", etc.  I used to just assume this meant they are downtown but I'd eventually (years ago now) contact some of these and I often do find that (luckily for me) they are in my area, after all.  Of course, sometimes they're not.  Once in a while, the girl I'm calling or messaging thinks I'm asking an overly "big brother" question and seemingly puts me into the creep or LE category (I typically ask "What part of town are you in?") for even bringing it up.  Other times, that question just doesn't get answered.

Am I asking what can be seen as an invasive question?  It seems like a waste of time to go through the whole "let's make an appointment" process and then back out when she finally tells me her general location and it's something I can't realistically fit into my schedule.

I wish "Denver" were broken up into major areas in the listings section...

I wish more providers would include their general location in their listings. Would save them inquiries that don't "pan out", because of location, at least for us guys who do read.

I, personally, don't mind answering the location question lol if I'm not asking it myself 😂 but the Springs is much smaller than Denver. If you are going to see her, theres no reason not to know what side of town you are going to from the beginning,, I think. 

Just put a chip in there butts and use your GPS. :cool::cool::cool:

Any volunteers ladies?

..............Silence. :unsure:

In Denver, it could be the difference in a 10 minute drive vs. a 50 minute drive. I don’t mind giving vicinity.

I generally figure you can get to almost anywhere in the Denver metro area with in 30 minutes from downtown Denver.

I always plan 60 minutes though just in case.

I always ask that question first and foremost.  Here is how I usually begin and i don’t typically get shuned.  

Hello there, my name is ....  I found you on (platform),  I am wondering what part of town you are in and if you might have availability to see me for X amount of minutes between the hours of and of.   Also, what should I bring with me for our meeting?

typically I get all answers in the very next text or call.  If not, I explain that their vicinity doesn’t work and I am sorry but have a great day!

55 minutes ago, gnarley_boy12 said:

I wish more providers would include their general location in their listings. Would save them inquiries that don't "pan out", because of location, at least for us guys who do read.

Yes, for those that read.... First word in the ad is locations, and some still do not get it.  

I live far south and east of Denver so North Denver is a drive for me. I really appreciate when a lady gives an approximate location. It makes a huge difference in drive time especially during rush hours. 

I am about fifteen minutes south of DTC so depending on time if day, a drive to downtown Denver can be an hour...let’s not even talk about Boulder and the hwy 36 corridor.  (Although there are a few ladies I’d love to meet up there when I can.) I am often crunched for time so one of my first few questions is always “what part of town” and I always include where I’m coming from.  I certainly don’t want to chitchat and waste her time if she’s an hour away and I don’t have a prayer in making it to her. 

I would love to see ads with a general location included, DTC, downtown, Highlands, RINO, etc.  Lots of ladies do this and I thank you for it...makes planning easier.

I’m just thankful that so many wonderful ladies are down here on the south side.

7 hours ago, Bullseye73 said:

I always ask that question first and foremost.  Here is how I usually begin and i don’t typically get shuned.  

Hello there, my name is ....  I found you on (platform),  I am wondering what part of town you are in and if you might have availability to see me for X amount of minutes between the hours of and of.   Also, what should I bring with me for our meeting?

typically I get all answers in the very next text or call.  If not, I explain that their vicinity doesn’t work and I am sorry but have a great day!

Can you hold a seminar, or write a tutorial? 

It doesn't really matter what info we include in our ad or website... There's so many that don't read. I would like to have TOB implement a tutorial regarding reading ads, how to approach a lady, etc complete with testing to be granted access to the ads... a members only thing that is a privilege like it used to be. And that ladies would have to go through some type of verification prior to being able to post ads. I guess that is a different thread though. Thanks for listening!

2 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Can you hold a seminar, or write a tutorial? 

It doesn't really matter what info we include in our ad or website... There's so many that don't read. I would like to have TOB implement a tutorial regarding reading ads, how to approach a lady, etc complete with testing to be granted access to the ads... a members only thing that is a privilege like it used to be. And that ladies would have to go through some type of verification prior to being able to post ads. I guess that is a different thread though. Thanks for listening!

You have words in your ads? All I remember from the listings I looked at were some amazing pictures😊😊😊 guess I will have to go look again😂😂

I usually ask what area of the city the lady is in (after a proper introduction, or course), so that I can frame when to ask to meet (travel time) and also because there are some parts of town I just would rather not venture to. Do I wish more ladies would include what part of town they are in in their listings? Yes. Is it a big deal? No. If they don't list it, I just ask.

7 hours ago, tide32 said:

Just put a chip in there butts and use your GPS. :cool::cool::cool:

Any volunteers ladies?

..............Silence. :unsure:

Hmmm...maybe if its funyun 🤔

Most the ads I see are pretty clear on general location. But I have asked before and when done in the right way have always got a response.

I usually give a hwy and major cross street 

I plan my visits based entirely on traffic. Coming from Boulder, I just know that the only time I can schedule in the DTC is between 11:00 and 1:00. That’s the only window that works. Otherwise, it’s two to three times longer and complete brain damage! I try to avoid that part of town but it’s so tough because that’s where some of the sweetest talent in the State is headquartered.

7 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Hmmm...maybe if its funyun 🤔

I'll bring the ranch dressing. In that case.

I always ask for location if is not stated on ad if is more than 45 mins drive I don’t waste the lady’s time or mine.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:56 PM, Bullseye73 said:

That’s pretty similar to how I ask.  I realized when I posted the topic that some assumptions might be made that perhaps I ask the question like a bit of an ass-hat.  Don’t get me wrong, you’re not coming across as having made that assumption.  Nonetheless, I wouldn’t blame anyone for thinking that because...well, if we’re honest, I’m sure a lot of guys out there have communication deficiencies.  In all fairness, the “shunning” I referred to in my original post has been extremely rare and I suspect it might stem from a lot of misunderstanding on the other end.  I’m really not sure I could’ve done much to clarify my intentions better.  Also, in those rare cases, it has never been with a local or well-established provider but they almost always list their location anyway.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:19 PM, Raine-7379 said:

Yes, for those that read.... First word in the ad is locations, and some still do not get it.  

Right 😁

1 hour ago, synoches said:

That’s pretty similar to how I ask.  I realized when I posted the topic that some assumptions might be made that perhaps I ask the question like a bit of an ass-hat.  Don’t get me wrong, you’re not coming across as having made that assumption.  Nonetheless, I wouldn’t blame anyone for thinking that because...well, if we’re honest, I’m sure a lot of guys out there have communication deficiencies.  In all fairness, the “shunning” I referred to in my original post has been extremely rare and I suspect it might stem from a lot of misunderstanding on the other end.  I’m really not sure I could’ve done much to clarify my intentions better.  Also, in those rare cases, it has never been with a local or well-established provider but they almost always list their location anyway.

I hear you.  I actually was ignored yesterday by someone and still haven’t heard back from her almost 2 full days later.  Not sure what’s going on but it does suck when you’re all revved up and ready and get silent treatment.  Just move on I guess, right?

On 10/31/2018 at 3:18 PM, TheFinerThings said:

I am about fifteen minutes south of DTC so depending on time if day, a drive to downtown Denver can be an hour...let’s not even talk about Boulder and the hwy 36 corridor.  (Although there are a few ladies I’d love to meet up there when I can.) I am often crunched for time so one of my first few questions is always “what part of town” and I always include where I’m coming from.  I certainly don’t want to chitchat and waste her time if she’s an hour away and I don’t have a prayer in making it to her. 

This is why if we're based out of the Southside or Northside it's good to get over to the the other part of town once or twice a month. It's nice to have some variety. 💙

2 minutes ago, Bullseye73 said:

I hear you.  I actually was ignored yesterday by someone and still haven’t heard back from her almost 2 full days later.  Not sure what’s going on but it does suck when you’re all revved up and ready and get silent treatment.  Just move on I guess, right?

Unfortunately, you just never know. Emergency room? Car wreck? Smoking Cr**k? Phone broke? I agree it's best to move on. :)

26 minutes ago, Bullseye73 said:

Not too long ago,  I responded to an "available now" ad on P411, with a P411 appointment request for two hours later, a polite follow up text, advising her that I sent the request,  and after a bit,  a similar email.

Well,  it was crickets,  so I moved on and found a lovely date,  so no hard feelings. The next day,  like 30 hours later,  she responds with a text that says,  "I don't check my messages very often,  next time call ~ I would love to see you."

So there you are: she pays for TOB,  and for P411, pays for a TOB listing in two areas,  and pays quite a bit for an "available now" ad, and she doesn't check her texts,  P111 or her email for days. Jeeze,  what's a guy to do? 

Punchline: Her TOB as says she prefers texts.  😉

51 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

This is why if we're based out of the Southside or Northside it's good to get over to the the other part of town once or twice a month. It's nice to have some variety. 💙

We sure appreciate it!

2 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Wouldn’t want you getting bored with us southern boys.

4 hours ago, TheFinerThings said:

Wouldn’t want you getting bored with us southern boys.

Hey us girls like variety just as much as you boys do! Keeps the spark alive! Think of it as an open relationship 😎

I am in Pueblo. For the geographically challenged that is about 35 miles south of Colorado Springs' south side, about 50 miles south of Colorado Springs' north side, and about 105 miles south of DTC. So location makes a difference in scheduling anything. I always inquire so I can plan accordingly and arrive at the agreed time. Traffic conditions, road work, rush hours can all work against us, so I try to allow plenty of time to get where I need to be. I always thought that was a basic courtesy.

Many times I have arrived in the vicinity and called or texted that I was (5 or 10) minutes away. Responses vary:

1. "I thought you weren't coming so I made another appointment". (about one in four)

2. Persistent texts like "Are you coming or not?" (about one in four, and I usually haven't even started breathing heavily)

3. Complete silence, no response. (about one in four)

4. "OK, I will be ready in _______ minutes. Can you wait?" (about one in four, and if she asks for 10 minutes it usually takes 30 or more)

It's probably obvious, successful connections are not the usual result, and on-time connections are actually pretty uncommon. Lots of providers complain about time wasters, and I know just how they feel, especially after I have driven an hour each way for nothing.

I suppose I just got spoiled, seeing one lady 3 or 4 times every month for 7 years. After she moved on I started looking for another regular, but haven't found her yet.

39 minutes ago, easytimes81006 said:

I am in Pueblo. For the geographically challenged that is about 35 miles south of Colorado Springs' south side, about 50 miles south of Colorado Springs' north side, and about 105 miles south of DTC. So location makes a difference in scheduling anything. I always inquire so I can plan accordingly and arrive at the agreed time. Traffic conditions, road work, rush hours can all work against us, so I try to allow plenty of time to get where I need to be. I always thought that was a basic courtesy.

Many times I have arrived in the vicinity and called or texted that I was (5 or 10) minutes away. Responses vary:

1. "I thought you weren't coming so I made another appointment". (about one in four)

2. Persistent texts like "Are you coming or not?" (about one in four, and I usually haven't even started breathing heavily)

3. Complete silence, no response. (about one in four)

4. "OK, I will be ready in _______ minutes. Can you wait?" (about one in four, and if she asks for 10 minutes it usually takes 30 or more)

It's probably obvious, successful connections are not the usual result, and on-time connections are actually pretty uncommon. Lots of providers complain about time wasters, and I know just how they feel, especially after I have driven an hour each way for nothing.

I suppose I just got spoiled, seeing one lady 3 or 4 times every month for 7 years. After she moved on I started looking for another regular, but haven't found her yet.

That is so annoying to hear. My biggest pet-peeves involve flaky shit like you listed. I’m sorry. If you screened, have a booking for a specified time, I don’t get the issue. Hopefully things will get better for you.