MightyRandomDude

Why do guys keep ignoring bad reviews?

58 posts in this topic

One of the most exciting parts of this hobby is to read all the reviews for providers who post on the board. But I just can’t understand, for the life of me, why guys keep going to see providers who have bad reviews? Some have three ‘NO’s in a row, yet guys seek their services...impossible for me to understand. In other case, one provider has 19 NO’s, with terrible reviews, out of 67. That’s almost 30% bad service, yet people don’t care! I’m just curious to hear other people’s opinion on this subject...

For some people Hope Springs Eternal. Or maybe they just want to be part of the 60%

I look at them. I will only see a provider with a no or even two if they have a preponderance of yes and really good yes. Figure sometime the connection is just not right, but if 98% of time they have yes then I'll give it a go. 

If I see a heavy amount of no or so so I stay away.

Then again, though there is risk in this hobby I try to limit as much as possible.

It's not just seeing the "No", but reading the "why" of the bad review. I've read some where it seems that the guy was either expecting way too much, or just being an ass-hat.  Also, the age of the bad review is a consideration.  If it's a few years ago (maybe when the provider was just starting out...) and everything since has been good, then I'm not too worried. But, if there's a bunch of bad reviews, or the only review is a "No", then my time and hard earned $$$ will go elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Audrey Astor said:

We've discussed this many times. The main reason most guys do it (and admit that they do it), is because she's hot. That's just the way it is. 

I am glad some of us would never give a bad review for a wonderful encounter, Just to try to deter other guys from contacting her. Well thats another asshat move.

4 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

We've discussed this many times. The main reason most guys do it (and admit that they do it), is because she's hot. That's just the way it is. 

It like in the rw. A guy will date a crazy chick as long as she's hot. The more crazy the hotter she has to be.

I've definitely seen some hot ladies here with bad reviews, I let my big head make that decisions though and have been ok, but am sure many guys let the little head do the thinking.

Edited by K2dnvrfun
Spellig

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Wow! It makes sense, even though it’s hard to believe. Myself though, I’d rather take a risk on a very hot girl with 0 reviews, which I know it’s not very smart either...

1 hour ago, MightyRandomDude said:

Wow! It makes sense, even though it’s hard to believe. Myself though, I’d rather take a risk on a very hot girl with 0 reviews, which I know it’s not very smart either...

I think, finally, after 30 years of doing this, I can now control my urges, and NOT jump at a hot girl with zero, or bad, reviews. ;)

However, lots of foolish encounters in those 30 years...:o

Also depends on when the NO reviews appeared.  If it's when she first started, she could've been defining what her boundaries are.  If they are recent and continuous, Audrey's probably right.

5 hours ago, MightyRandomDude said:

One of the most exciting parts of this hobby is to read all the reviews for providers who post on the board. But I just can’t understand, for the life of me, why guys keep going to see providers who have bad reviews? Some have three ‘NO’s in a row, yet guys seek their services...impossible for me to understand. In other case, one provider has 19 NO’s, with terrible reviews, out of 67. That’s almost 30% bad service, yet people don’t care! I’m just curious to hear other people’s opinion on this subject...

If there's 19 no's that got posted. How many no's didn't get posted because the client didn't want to look like he got ripped off.

Scarry and sad. B)

4 minutes ago, tide32 said:

If there's 19 no's that got posted. How many no's didn't get posted because the client didn't want to look like he got ripped off.

Scarry and sad. B)

That can go in reverse. Lots of people do dates and never/rarely review.  If you think the reviews are the only time these girls are seeing someone, your mistaken. 

20 minutes ago, tradergt said:

That can go in reverse. Lots of people do dates and never/rarely review.  If you think the reviews are the only time these girls are seeing someone, your mistaken. 

Isn't that what I just said. :confused::huh: Your first post and you go with that.B)

You said in the no's, I said it in the yes's. People do dates all the time that are yes's but never do reviews. 

6 minutes ago, tradergt said:

You said in the no's, I said it in the yes's. People do dates all the time that are yes's but never do reviews. 

That's 2 :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, MightyRandomDude said:

I think honestly they approach them for one of two reasons. 1.) They want to save on fun coupons and know that due to there reviews that they can neogtiate with them like they were on shark tank. 2.) Or they want to give them a chance to redeem themselves, with the promise of a review. (Hopefully they do provide a good review if the service was good). There are also hobbyists that only post positive, glowing reviews who have probably had negative experiences as well. If I were you I would also reach out to the reviewers that negatively posted them and see if they had they same experience. 

Tide, take a deep breath and count to 3 and repeat after me ......,,

5 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Tide, take a deep breath and count to 3 and repeat after me ......,,

1 hour ago, Calisurfgirl said:

I think honestly they approach them for one of two reasons. 1.) They want to save on fun coupons and know that due to there reviews that they can neogtiate with them like they were on shark tank. 2.) Or they want to give them a chance to redeem themselves, with the promise of a review. (Hopefully they do provide a good review if the service was good). There are also hobbyists that only post positive, glowing reviews who have probably had negative experiences as well. If I were you I would also reach out to the reviewers that negatively posted them and see if they had they same experience. 

I can definitely see number one happening, great point Sabina!

5 hours ago, MightyRandomDude said:

That’s damn scary. Please be careful. It’s not a good time to be playing Russian Roulette.:unsure:

Well, it would appear that the jury is in. Boys, if we do this, we’re thinking with the absolutely wrong elements of our anatomy. If she’s hot, and 30% of her clients say she was a bummer, let’s not fool ourselves into believing you’re going to change that outcome. I believe I heard somewhere that this activity is indeed the very definition of insanity.

Why do guys when faced with proof that pics are stolen, insist they are accurate/authentic and go back, review, and recommend to their friends?  

Sorry, back to the original question.  A few reasons:

There are several reviewers/posters that come across IMO as entitled douche bags.  When I see a bad review from them it piques my interest because it indicates a lady with enough self esteem not to be intimidated into kissing his sorry ass, figuratively or otherwise, and who does not give good times to anyone that disrespects her.  I like that kind of woman hehe.

Some bad reviews are simply a clique getting together like a pack and hammering a target for only tangentially related issues.  Like not being part of the clique.  I know - cliques here?  Am I nuts?  Probably, but nonetheless ......

Second chances - damn near everyone needs one sometime

By the way, OP's quoted 30 percent bad reviews means 7 out of 10 odds in favor of a good time.  Would you bet those odds at the track or just swear you were dreaming?

Oh, yeah, as mentioned for some because she is just so fucking hot.  Hey, if guys always thought logically with the big head this hobby would probably not even exist.

They don't read the reviews.  You know - TLDR

I am sure there are more. :cool:

Visual Hotness is not really a part of my selection criteria. I’m more interested in how a YL interacts with her clients (or potential clients on the forum).

Everyone has bad days, or personality conflicts.  When reading reviews I look for patterns of behavior.  This is why the textual portion of a review is so important.  I also consider the behavior patterns of review authors.

I will allow a few NCNS reviews, but only have a 50% success rate when I do.

3 hours ago, LightningP said:

Well, it would appear that the jury is in. Boys, if we do this, we’re thinking with the absolutely wrong elements of our anatomy. If she’s hot, and 30% of her clients say she was a bummer, let’s not fool ourselves into believing you’re going to change that outcome. I believe I heard somewhere that this activity is indeed the very definition of insanity.

Many guys will probably look at this scenario like they have a 70% chance of hooking up with a super hot chic. Thinking with little head, those are great odds! 😁

6 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Many guys will probably look at this scenario like they have a 70% chance of hooking up with a super hot chic. Thinking with little head, those are great odds! 😁

21EBE6B7-69F6-4855-907B-2C0C426BCC9E.png

Edited by TheFinerThings

I don't understand it myself.  But I think it has something to do with the fact that while she may have bad reviews (and even worse history of dealing with members of TOB) some guys still feel that they will get an good session.

Case in point, I counted 71 reviews for one provider this morning.  Out of the 71 reviews, 17 are a NO, 2 are a NO SHOW and 1 was a SO-SO.

So out of the 71 reviews, she has a total of 20 that should be a red flag or 72% good reviews and  28% bad reviews.  

I've most school classes  72% would get you at best a C- grade.  I've even had a couple classes in college where 72% would be either a D or an F

Some guys will always let the little head do the thinking for them.

also, many take it that even though there are 'no' reviews, the reviews themselves speak to the 'not LE' concern which makes the date worth a try...

and there are so many 'no' reviews that are disputed in the community sections and so many that are written by trolls and jaded hagglers and just inherently narcissistic people...

and above all, if there is a handful of positive reviews, many will think that is the experience they will get - so they make the call...

luckily the choice is wholly in the hands of the dood making the call - the information is out there - they cull from it what they deem necessary - and they make their 'own' call - just gotta respect that...

it ain't a perfect dating world for certain - never will be...

Personally, I read the bad reviews.  I actually start with those if I'm considering a provider.  Being hot isn't good enough.  There are lots of hot women with good reviews and the "so-so" or bad experiences I've had with hot providers don't change the outcome just because they're hot.  I put more weight behind a review that sounds sensible.  Sometimes, as Just Another Guy mentioned, some guys are just expecting something ridiculous.  Also, reviews by men who have written a large number of reviews (especially over a longer period of time) are more meaningful to me than some "No" written by a guy with 3 reviews to his name.

I see no one is mentioning the obvious, but unpopular, elephant in the room.That's ok...I will.  Even the nicest, most gentlemanly of we hobby guys are an egotistical lot. We are Don Juan, super lovers one and all. Uninhibited, sexually liberated, ultra-skilled stick-men and robo-tongues.  OK...so a lady has bad reviews.....that's mainly because she has been with the wrong clients. Once she is face to face with the amazing ME, she will melt into a wanton passion machine. My charm, looks, and skills put James Bond to shame, and she will throw herself to me harder than any Bond-girl. AT LEAST 50% of what most guys want and buy from providers is ego trip.