Desperado

Forum and Twitter Presence

11 posts in this topic

Couldn't agree more, my friend.  I don't use a lot of social media, but I've found that you can learn a lot about someone by reading what they post on the forums and how they respond to others.  There is way too much complaining and bickering and name calling that goes on here and I've chosen to use that as just another research tool.  More than once I've crossed someone off the "to see" list because of posts (attitude) in the forums.  And on the guys side, there are certainly some that I wouldn't reach out to for info or trust their reviews.  Maybe I'm missing out on a good connection, but I've found that there is no shortage of wonderful ladies here and every one I've met has amazed me.  So for now, I'm sticking with my gut...I'm batting a thousand, and I just hit a grand slam today with a true gem.

Life's too short. Check the hostility at the door and enjoy the ride!

3 hours ago, Desperado said:

I was going to put this as a reply to a provider’s recent unprofessional post but it seemed more appropriate as a new thread:

I’ve booked great sessions with women whose pics and reviews may not have initially generated interest from me but whose wonderful personality shined through on the forum. Then there are ladies here who have good reviews and beautiful pics that I will NEVER contact because of the way they treat others here and on social media. Their true personality and feelings about their clients also shines through. The best part is one of these ladies frequently complains about how business is slow, usually right underneath a post from her about how all men are (paraphrasing) ‘stupid cheap assholes’. Always good for a laugh!  “Hey you know that P411 request you’re not getting?  That’s me!”

I’m not going to tell anyone how to run their life or their business.  Just know that what you put out there on social media does matter and will affect your bottom line. 

And for the guys, I’m also quite certain that when you contact them many ladies here consider what you’ve posted in the past when trying to determine whether you’re a potential client or a (paraphrasing) ‘stupid cheap asshole’!

Hear Hear!

Well said!

Just like KMART and Sears if you don't market well.

Someone will take your customers. 

Well said Desparado.

The ladies have a tough time dealing with the fucktards that contact them.

But if the only time a lady comes on the board is to bitch about the guys, the constant bitching throws up red flags.

If a lady spends time complaining about the men in her life, I must assume that she will likely complain about me if I were in her life. 

Life is better when you avoid the drama.

This is a very interesting topic. It invokes some personal introspection. In the final analysis, since I joined this community, I’ve been blown off, ghosted, no showed, and blatantly lied to. I have encountered some of the nastiest smelly messes imaginable. The rules are broken constantly boys and girls. Without exception, the ladies handing me this treatment are also some of the nicest, funiest, sweetest and most helpful personalities right here on the TOB forum! I’ve never written a bad review, never even allowed myself to display anger, all for two simple reasons. One, I really don’t care enough. Two, I don’t want to be that guy who, on the one fateful day, when that genuinely perfect provider goddess of fantasy and ecstasy pops up in the TOB listings, is rejected because I’ve managed to get myself on the super secret ladies only shit show list. No one wants to be on that list fellas. So, I swallow the shit with the champagne. We all do because I’m certain there is plenty of both everywhere in this little game and in the end, life really is so short isn’t it. I love you all, really 🤓

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, TheFinerThings said:

Couldn't agree more, my friend.  I don't use a lot of social media, but I've found that you can learn a lot about someone by reading what they post on the forums and how they respond to others.  There is way too much complaining and bickering and name calling that goes on here and I've chosen to use that as just another research tool.  More than once I've crossed someone off the "to see" list because of posts (attitude) in the forums.  And on the guys side, there are certainly some that I wouldn't reach out to for info or trust their reviews.  Maybe I'm missing out on a good connection, but I've found that there is no shortage of wonderful ladies here and every one I've met has amazed me.  So for now, I'm sticking with my gut...I'm batting a thousand, and I just hit a grand slam today with a true gem.

Life's too short. Check the hostility at the door and enjoy the ride!

Amen! 

Well thank gosh, rude people and icky people are not the norm here. Most of the ladies are really caring and appreciative, and same for the guys. I know that I’ve really grown to love some of you guys, consider you friends, and am so appreciative. This hobby is expensive and time consuming. I really do thank you guys who spend your time with me, and trust me with our sharing and conversations.😁

4 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Well thank gosh, rude people and icky people are not the norm here. Most of the ladies are really caring and appreciative, and same for the guys. 

I have to agree! I've probably met less than 5 rude people since the 1980s, when I started this. I think there have been more rude/troll posters on the board, than rude real life people. :)