I collect animals. True story 😂

Cock-a-doodle-doo to you Miss Laci

3 hours ago, Laci French said:

Even an 18” catfish 😂😂

3 hours ago, Laci French said:

Does that include us?

I might be a hoarder. I also have sports cards. About 50000.
DVDs. About 500.

CDs. About 2000.

Knives. 200

Comic books. 3000

Sheeeeeeeeet! :eek:

2 hours ago, tide32 said:

DVDs. About 500.

CDs. About 2000.

Knives. 200

Comic books. 3000

'might' be?

I'll share with you, my closest friends and confidants, why I am no longer a collector:

When I was young, I fell in love with Marvel comics (like when I was in grade school, early 60s) and there was a little general store down the street with a great comic book rack.  Well, I was a good customer, so the owner would never sell the last copy of any issue to anyone else, he'd save it for me.  Long story short - I had a great collection of comic books - Spider man number 1-110, Hulk 1-60, Fantastic Four 1-80, and a few others I have forgotten.  All in perfect condition, all neatly stored in my mother's basement, where they would be nice and safe as I rambled about the country in my 20s.  When my folks decided to sell the house, I went back to collect my possessions, and my mom said, "All those old comic books - I figured you wouldn't want them any more, so I threw them out."

I could retire and buy a house with the value of that collection today.

That is why I have almost no ties to objects any more, the bitter lesson is that they just tie you down and they are all transient.  The only three possessions that I actually I love are my wedding ring, my car and my parachute (and sometimes I am not so sure about the car).

My kids laugh at me; wait until they read the will... 16 measuring cups to be divided equally, 23 eggs whoever wants them. 

i seem, lately, to collect hand tools...for working on autos.   Plus assorting power tools and such.   I cannot pass up a great set of wenches...err wrenches...LOL.   

4 hours ago, tide32 said:

DVDs. About 500.

CDs. About 2000.

Knives. 200

Comic books. 3000

You win hoarder award....

10 hours ago, Laci French said:

But do you have an owl yet? ;)

I have a  few collections :) Those who have been to my home understand very well. My favorite are Epergens  I have stretch ones as well as smaller ones. Chances are I will have to Ebay my collection when I get older. I have close to a million dollars worth and nobody in my family cares for my taste. Beautiful colors dance in my living room. Especially when i turn on the lighted show at night. I guess, it's just a silly passion of mine and I don't allow myself to bid much anymore. Gr8owl I have an Owlet collect of Fenton Fairy lamps you would be proud! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

11 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

But do you have an owl yet? ;)

I am sure she probably has two giant barn owls. 

Thinking we all go a little crazy with collections as we get older in life...LOL Great subject Raine! 

At some point I’m gonna have to begin reverse the collection process - trying to figure that out !

Picture frames which in some cases have been researched and of actual value. But some I have given as a present which is great and sentimental. Medical books as well. They have helped Immensely through med school. Great reference for many papers, preparation for tests , research etc.

Edited by Calisurfgirl

15 hours ago, JungleGeorge said:

$100 bills

How do you manage it?  I have tried to collect Benjamins, but as soon as I get three of them, I get a good idea and an hour later they are in someone else's collection.  How do you do it?

54 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

How do you manage it?  I have tried to collect Benjamins, but as soon as I get three of them, I get a good idea and an hour later they are in someone else's collection.  How do you do it?

She does it by being the good idea. Duh 😂

At one time I had 22 bowling balls around the pool table. The fun part was throwing them out the upstairs window and see if I could bounce one into the can. :P

2 hours ago, Hot Violet said:

show off 

Before moving we had: 5’hX10’l, 9’hX9’l, 2’hX3’l, and 5’hx12’l bookcases, all full.  My weekly trips to the library for donations were greatly appreciated. Especially after my years of membership in an SF book club, as my library branch catered to the YA market.  I still have boxes of books, including a set of turn-of-the-century (1900) travel lectures.

I  have a collection of early   1972 thru the late 90.s and first part of this century Easyriders magazines.I inherited them from the late hubby when he passed away.  I also seem to collect rocks. Everywhere I go I rocks follow me home .I absolutely love rocks.   Weird. arn’t I.☘️ 

21 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

She does it by being the good idea. Duh 😂

I think George may be a man.

2 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

This George--->7ca77a3b689dff9d824ad28b7ed531a4.jpg

I've kept every single movie ticket I've been too since i was old enough to drive. The nice thing about this is that they dont take up much space :)

Well, I am a bit of a collector myself. Since I started school and they had Scholastic Books every year, I would buy or grab the free bookmarks, and before you know it...I have a box full of bookmarks that I am sure some are worth something. I also have thousands of CDS(music and video), thousands of pictures of my extensive family, have two boxes full of frogs from all over the world that friends, family and clients have given me(some very valuable), over 200 books( at least 100 or so are signed by the Author, or First Editions), all different kinds of paper(construction, printing, sketch, scrapbook, stamping, letter, etc.) pencils(don't ask), barbies(like 20 that are worth money), toys(that are worth money), about everything Scooby-Doo(yes, a serious fan)even underwear and a bra, purses(maybe 40 or so?), lingerie, frog jewelry, and stones/rocks. I am sure there is more, but I think you all get the drift. LMAO!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

21 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

I'll change my avatar or start doing doubles with geecue. Need $100s for my collection

I seem to be collecting aches and pains ..........  only a few are self inflicted

Minerals and gems. Recipes. and candles Haha also I have alot of canvas laying around I have yet to paint on but seem to collect.