Ryann

Too be cont...... handles

23 posts in this topic

So in a previous conversation that came up in a different thread.. 

when making a date Do you introduce yourself with your handle name or do you use your real name of sorts?  Also  is a handle name  always taken literally or are they just to show personality I think they’re both. 

I’ve never had anybody introduce themselves with their handlles. Maybe after speaking with somebody  for a few minutes they will mention what their handle is on  TOB .

But in no way shape or form would I ever judge somebody by with their handle .

Handles  can actually be great conversation pieces 

That’s how I look at it 

I’m curious to see what everyone else thinks

I always introduce myself with my given name, not my TOB "handle", I see myself as a goodguy and try to live up to that, but that is not my name, I have a given name that I do not mind sharing with the ladies when making an introduction. 😊

I introduce with my real first name, and add my handle name for TOB & P411 so the lady can check my references etc

I prefer voice or text for initial contact. Voice is best because you are actually speaking to the person.

I have only until recently started to use tob with a courtesy message to reinforce that I am real. 

Things work very smoothly for me this way. 

I do both. I provide my name with the handle in parentheses. If the contact is listed on TOB, it seems to work really well so far. They get their reference info and a glimpse at me too. I like keeping it all here if I can.

Funny aside though. I can’t remember ever being called by either name. It’s usually Sugar, Babe, Darling or some equivalent.

33 minutes ago, LightningP said:

I do both. I provide my name with the handle in parentheses. If the contact is listed on TOB, it seems to work really well so far. They get their reference info and a glimpse at me too. I like keeping it all here if I can.

Same here. Name and handle so the provider can look me up...

2 hours ago, richinco said:

I introduce with my real first name, and add my handle name for TOB & P411 so the lady can check my references etc

Ditto

Usually name in first message stating I am also a board membe and would be happy to verify by pm and send references. 

I send a P411 request, and follow up with a call, or whatever method she prefers. Both my handle and my real name are included. :)

Always book with whatever information is requested never have a problem with real name and handles

I contact using the lady's preferred method.  If text, I offer my first name and say I saw her ad on the board (generic, "the board") and offer to give her my board handle when she texts back (as I stated in an older post, I say "the board" just in case I have a wrong number, which has happened one time).  When the lady texts back, I offer my handle, an offer to meet with a suggested time and for how long and let her know that if that time does not work to suggest another time.  I also offer to PM from the board and ask that she check out my reviews to see if she thinks we might be a good match.  I let her know that it is okay to say we might not be a good fit and that I won't take it personally.  I understand people have different tastes and preferences.  Gotta say that using my board handle has worked out well and I've met some fantastic ladies.

I introduce myself using a "real name of sorts" from a burner number. Using sources besides TOB, my handle doesn't usually come up, unless I seek a reference.

Back in the day when using a phone, I usually began with “This is _first name_, aka Bit Banger form TOB.”

I have often been referred to as Bit. Relates back to an old CB handle I used.

First name and then since I only use tob I usually follow with handle when I tell them I shared my tob references so they can find me. And they can search my profile if they choose

I tell them I go by the man, the myth, the legend, geecue, on tob. Also tell them my first name if they ask. Also tell them I am modest. Lol. 

1 hour ago, geecue2 said:

I tell them I go by the man, the myth, the legend, geecue, on tob. Also tell them my first name if they ask. Also tell them I am modest. Lol. 

Dude, that only works for you, the rest of us "mortals" have to be more creative!:)

On 10/22/2018 at 2:22 PM, Ryann said:

So in a previous conversation that came up in a different thread.. 

when making a date Do you introduce yourself with your handle name or do you use your real name of sorts?  Also  is a handle name  always taken literally or are they just to show personality I think they’re both. 

I’ve never had anybody introduce themselves with their handlles. Maybe after speaking with somebody  for a few minutes they will mention what their handle is on  TOB .

But in no way shape or form would I ever judge somebody by with their handle .

Handles  can actually be great conversation pieces 

That’s how I look at it 

I’m curious to see what everyone else thinks

It depends....With Ladies I've met, no problem you get (and have my name) I have no problem with that in the least.

Someone I haven;t yet gotten to know very well? My handle. I think it's a good choice.

Ryann, you always get my name Sweetie! :) Because we've met previously. That's what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, JRWolfe said:

We're supposed to use "handles " ???

Nice to see you back in the forums sir.

17 minutes ago, goodguy69 said:

Nice to see you back in the forums sir.

Was in La-La land this past month . Good times ,busy work and scary news. Here to vote and will be gone again soon. Playing catch up on the board.

I've been on a bit of a hiatus that started before all the SOFTA (sp) stuff and the lockdown of P411-- which I forgot to renew and now am no longer a member. I relied on P411 a LOT. I never referred to TOB when booking, so I never used a handle or even referred to the board.

I know the usual rule of thumb "YMMV" applies as in all things, but trends still form. Has the board and handles and "reputation" become more of a norm for screening? (I assume references still rule the day.)

Do the ladies use their real names?  They do not.  All the more reason why, in my experience, providers understand & accept that some gents might choose to begin with referencing their handle.

Once references are checked and the first meeting occurs, it is usually immaterial how you refer to one another.

The gentleman is well behaved, respects all boundaries, makes the correct donation up front and does not overstay his welcome.

A lady can ask me anything she is curious about in person (several already know me) but in terms of your personal security and safety, by my estimation, 99% of the clients here on TOB should give you no problems whatsoever.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

As an early retiree, I would be willing to provide my former employer(s) information if requested, which would have to include my name.  And many times a provider's contact sheet will require it, and that is fine with me.