Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Sears declairs bankruptcy

34 posts in this topic

They still honor the lifetime warranty on Craftsman hand tools. I exchanged a pretty old wrench that I managed to break not too long ago.

Other than tools and automotive stuff, like tires (at one time, Sears sold as many auto parts as any other auto parts store), I was never a big Sears shopper. Still, those were a big part of my young adult life and it's sad to see them go.

Edited by Just Another Guy

On 10/15/2018 at 6:30 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Sears is essentially gone. For me sad. I realize all the youngen's on this board will be thinking soooo. Back in the day Sears was  everything! The Sears catalog was nirvana. Sears was honestly the Amazon of my early years. If you wanted it, couldn't find it anywhere else go to the Sears catalog. The arrival of the Christmas catalog in the mail was huge!! Oh my goosh. The dreams, the wishes. Just waxing nostalgic. Such is life

I looked at the Sears catalog for the ladies in Lingerie!  and a few tools.....:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Warm Tongue said:

I looked at the Sears catalog for the ladies in Lingerie!  and a few tools.....:rolleyes:

Back in the day that was pretty risqué stuff! I would sneak a peek at my uncles Playboy just for the articles and that's the truth...….:D

My dad was a Sears lifer. He started working for them in High School and when he was drafted into the Army during WW2 ,Sears told him his job would be there waiting for him. They were true to their word,even helped pay for his college. I grew up a Sears brat as we moved city to city to city until he was sent to Denver and he retired here. A lot of his former employees came to his funeral a few years ago. Didn't like always being the new kid in school,but saw how well Sears treated their employees of his generation...plus we got cool discounts . Closest I ever came to working for Sears was posing one year in their catalogue with sleds . (That was when we lived in Chicago)  They must have thought I was a cute kid. (Wonder what happened ! )

RIP Sears..you were so good to our family.