Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hunter VanDyke

I Find it Odd

32 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

I constantly go down the list and sometimes I delete messages that I have just sent as well so that my box isn't full and I cannot receive new messages. I had no idea that deleting a message you sent also deletes it from mailbox of the intended recipient as well. If this is the case, Hunter they may not even know they are doing this, they may be just like me trying to keep their inbox free to receive new incoming mail. You may want to just send them an email and ask them to resend it because they may not be reading this post.

Ohhhh....so you're one of the culprits. Lol. Just so you are aware....when you send a PM to a member, then immediately delete it, it deletes the message from your inbox. However, it does NOT delete the message from the recipient's inbox. Instead, we see the message you sent, plus there is a message in a bright red box at the bottom that states, You cannot reply because all other participants have left the conversation.

So when sending an inquiry, it would be nice to give the lady whatever you feel is an appropriate amount of time to respond before deleting the message. 

As with everything else I've learned in this hobby, patience, giving the benefit of the doubt, and better communication is a must for a happy hobbying community. I did reach out to the gentleman, and he said he wasn't sure what happened either, so we chalked it up to a technology glitch. Lol. 😉

7 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Ohhhh....so you're one of the culprits. Lol. Just so you are aware....when you send a PM to a member, then immediately delete it, it deletes the message from your inbox. However, it does NOT delete the message from the recipient's inbox. Instead, we see the message you sent, plus there is a message in a bright red box at the bottom that states, You cannot reply because all other participants have left the conversation.

So when sending an inquiry, it would be nice to give the lady whatever you feel is an appropriate amount of time to respond before deleting the message. 

As with everything else I've learned in this hobby, patience, giving the benefit of the doubt, and better communication is a must for a happy hobbying community. I did reach out to the gentleman, and he said he wasn't sure what happened either, so we chalked it up to a technology glitch. Lol. 😉

Hunter I thank you for pointing this out. I have learned not to delete my sent messages for at least a day LOL to give the lovely lady time to read. I can't guarantee more than a day because I am cranky when it comes to that little red email symbol. Hmmm, seems like PATIENCE is a VIRTUE these days.......I actually was patient just recently with a provider, she asked me to wait, which is ABSOLUTELY against my rules but since I was 1 mile away, I decided to give it a go. I am glad that you and the gentleman communicated, I could kind of feel that his reason was not directly rude, why LOL because I do it all of the time and I had no clue this is how it looks on the other end. In all HONESTY, this is a perfect thread for PROVIDERS/GENTLEMAN to read because it shows whats PERCEIVED on both sides is totally different and instead of either PARTY bashing one, COMMUNICATION was sought and we both learned from it..........I am going to go give you 5 stars for taking me to school on this particular thread...........