Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

How long do you wait before moving on

13 posts in this topic

I am curious to know just how long  guys wait for a response from a young lady before moving on. I am certain there is no set rule and I am just as certain that a lady you have seen before will probably receive more leeway. When making my request I diligently try to contact the young lady a day, sometimes two days before. I try to determine any pattern in her posting times and message her close to that time. I am thinking she is up and active on the board. If I make my request for a next day appointment  in early am of the day before requested appointment I usually will wait until 12:00-1230, sometimes longer if I am busy, before moving on. If I make my request later in the afternoon I will wait 2-3 hours. I am open to thought, input, other ideas.

She’s probably not ignoring you. She may have her work phone off, and being present in some real life stuff. Sometimes our posts are set to auto post, meaning the account posts the ads, without manual intervention.

You might try one last contact, but if you can’t wait and need to have some concrete plans, we get that. Maybe let her know you’ll try again. 

Best wishes

Depends on how far in advance, for me.   I.e., if I am booking three days in advance, I don't mind waiting 3-4 hours for a response from someone I want to see.  If I get stood up on the morning of the appointment and  therefore am booking one hour in advance, I might send out three queries, and ten minutes later, if it is still crickets, I will sent out a couple more, and so on until I get a bada-bing.  It's a sliding scale between the two scenarios.  I think the important thing is to be sure to follow up and respond to any later responses.  For example, if I send out a couple of inquiries, and one gets right back to me and earns the booking, if the other gal responds later, I think it is really important to let her know instantly that I have made other plans.  This seems to keep everyone's feathers unruffled.

This is just what I do, I don't make any claims that it is the right way.

Also, Golden Rule time: if I make an actual booking with the first responder, and the gal that I really, really, wanted to see responds later - I do not, under any circumstances, break the date with the first responder to go with the later gal.  I would hate it if I had a firm booking, and the lady cancelled it just because some better-looking guy, or a two-hour guy, wanted the same time.  Golden Rule time.

Edited by BadBoy

Going meta (as in I won't suggest time frames for moving on, but I'll propose you don't even need a time frame)

I mean, it's just like setting up dates in the real-world... there are many factors that affect how soon a response might come (working, providing, sleeping, studying, partying, ignoring you, swimming, arguing, etc)...

I think the best thing is just to have several people you really want to see lined up, and go with your first responder. Like BadBoy says, practice the Golden Rule: keep to your appointment even if you do "get a better deal", and inform the other party you've made other plans. Just keeping your options open (as opposed to oneitis) frees you from even worrying about how soon she responds, or if you later get cancelled (just like in real life).

You may still want to meet someday, so I guess the answer is "you never really move on, just go with the flow, and ping sporadically"

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Depends on how far in advance, for me.   I.e., if I am booking three days in advance, I don't mind waiting 3-4 hours for a response from someone I want to see.  If I get stood up on the morning of the appointment and  therefore am booking one hour in advance, I might send out three queries, and ten minutes later, if it is still crickets, I will sent out a couple more, and so on until I get a bada-bing.  It's a sliding scale between the two scenarios.  I think the important thing is to be sure to follow up and respond to any later responses.  For example, if I send out a couple of inquiries, and one gets right back to me and earns the booking, if the other gal responds later, I think it is really important to let her know instantly that I have made other plans.  This seems to keep everyone's feathers unruffled.

This is just what I do, I don't make any claims that it is the right way.

Also, Golden Rule time: if I make an actual booking with the first responder, and the gal that I really, really, wanted to see responds later - I do not, under any circumstances, break the date with the first responder to go with the later gal.  I would hate it if I had a firm booking, and the lady cancelled it just because some better-looking guy, or a two-hour guy, wanted the same time.  Golden Rule time.

Absolutely about the Golden Rule!!! I want to be fair and considerate to the lady I contact. And, granted, if I REALLY want to see a particular lady I may wait all day and then send another request. I am always looking to improve my skills and dealing in the hobby. Thai is why I ask the question.

when you're ready to move on, move on...

if you have yet to book an appointment there's no harm...

Well let's see....I'm still waiting to hear from 3 ladies I contacted in 2004 to get back with me...so...14 years 147 days, so far.

Well, I seem to be different from any other guys here but;

Depends, sometimes I move on  to lady B in 15 or 20 minutes,  maybe even have to move on to plan C.   Sometimes 3 to 7 days later, Lady A answers, "Hi Baby", lol, but ; by then , just maybe I'm  ready again and well maybe she is looking oh so good, or  maybe I'll just say, "I already found someone, but I'll keep you in mind next time. There's always plenty of fish,  unfortunately  money is not as plentiful.

You are right, there are no set rules. Move on when you want to move on. A lot of this hobby is about timing in my opinion. Unless she gives you a response that she doesn't want to see you, you really never have to move on. Who knows... there may come a time later when you decide to give it a go again, and things work out great. You have so many options in the meantime. 

4 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

You are right, there are no set rules. Move on when you want to move on. A lot of this hobby is about timing in my opinion. Unless she gives you a response that she doesn't want to see you, you really never have to move on. Who knows... there may come a time later when you decide to give it a go again, and things work out great. You have so many options in the meantime. 

This is why I have long contended that this endeavor is a "sport" and not a "hobby."  Besides the fact that "sporting gent" sounds much better than "hobbiest," this endeavor entails the characteristics of a sport: honing a razor sharp sense of timing, learning the proper presentation, avoiding spooking the quarry and, of course, perfecting the catch, and understanding the release.  It's a sport, isn't it, old sport?

3 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

This is why I have long contended that this endeavor is a "sport" and not a "hobby."  Besides the fact that "sporting gent" sounds much better than "hobbiest," this endeavor entails the characteristics of a sport: honing a razor sharp sense of timing, learning the proper presentation, avoiding spooking the quarry and, of course, perfecting the catch, and understanding the release.  It's a sport, isn't it, old sport?

Lol. You are a pro. I would think your inbox is full of guys wanting to pick your brain. If I were a guy, I would be. 

By timing, I was really referring to the planets and the stars aligning for that perfect visit. Lmao. More of a go with the flow kind of thing. 😂

Your enthusiasm and skills got me all excited! Any of you other girls get excited after reading his post? I may be Hunter, but after reading that, I felt like you are the hunter and I am the prey. 

Bravo!! Exactly!! Like I said learning more about this hobby!, sport.  Being better about my approach. Never too old to learn how to be better!

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Indeed my good man. I have learned, in my brief experience herein, that the chase is as much the sport as the deed we seek to enjoy. How fleeting it can be with the text not received, the PM, oh so confused, the last minute cancellation, and then, by some miracle, she opens the door, a sigh, a deep breath, her smile, a kiss, and then, it all makes sense!