Hunter VanDyke

Balls really are tasty

59 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Yes sounds delicious! Taking my mom out tomorrow for her birthday! We are going to the Acorn Restaurant. Have any of you been there? I am like Hunter we both are adventurous with food!😋😋

I checked out their menu. Looks yummy! Have fun at the birthday dinner with your momma sweet Kali! 💋

6 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I checked out their menu. Looks yummy! Have fun at the birthday dinner with your momma sweet Kali! 💋

Out of points again Hunter! I don’t go out much for dinner. Most of the time I am fasting. My mom is turning 80 so I  want to do something special thank you!😘

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

2 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Out of points again Hunter! I don’t go out much for dinner. Most of the time I am fasting. My mom is turning 80 so I  want to do something special thank you!😘

80 is BIG one, plus you get to cheat a little. You ladies don't get too turned up now! Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

80 is BIG one, plus you get to cheat a little. You ladies don't get too turned up now! Lol. 

My mom is in fantastic shape I hope she gets drunk and silly! It’s been a hard couple of years for her with my dad in a nursing home and all! I bought her an Apple Watch. Just wish to see my mom smile is all. 😘

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

31 minutes ago, mustang said:

I worked my way through college on a cattle ranch in south east Colorado,   Every fall we would round up the 500 - 600 head of cattle, with about 100 calves.  We branded all and castrated the males.  We kept the balls in a wash tub and at the end of the day we cooked several on shovels over the branding fire.  WE split up the remainder for personal consumption.  I enjoyed them most filleted, breaded with buttermilk and crackers.  Great with horseradish or dip of your choice.  I can't fine fresh, uncooked oysters anymore.

I grew up to this adventure every year, and loved it. Lots of good memories! Out on a farm, this is one of those things that gets the neighbors together. My hometown still will fry up Rocky Mountain Oysters for 4th of July. I try to go back every year just for those suckers. YUMMMMM!!!!!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, mustang said:

I worked my way through college on a cattle ranch in south east Colorado,   Every fall we would round up the 500 - 600 head of cattle, with about 100 calves.  We branded all and castrated the males.  We kept the balls in a wash tub and at the end of the day we cooked several on shovels over the branding fire.  WE split up the remainder for personal consumption.  I enjoyed them most filleted, breaded with buttermilk and crackers.  Great with horseradish or dip of your choice.  I can't fine fresh, uncooked oysters anymore.

When I checked out the place BB was talking about, I saw they sell them in bags frozen to cook at home? 

http://www.brucesbar123.com/our-story.html

40 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

I grew up to this adventure every year, and loved it. Lots of good memories! Out on a farm, this is one of those things that gets the neighbors together. My hometown still will fry up Rocky Mountain Oysters for 4th of July. I try to go back every year just for those suckers. YUMMMMM!!!!!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Lucky girl!

One of my uncles/aunts had a oyster feed to celebrate their 40th (?) wedding anniversary a couple years ago.  He and his brother are still working their farms.  So the oysters were fresh.  Well, a couple months old.  

Mmmmmm.  

Hahaha! This title reminds me of of a certain place in Iowa that serves a sauce called “balls sauce”. Well, was out with a friend getting some food and it must of slipped their mind that we were not at that particular restaurant and they asked the waiter for balls sauce. I kid you not I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. Very mature of me, you know😂have never tried oysters though, maybe pearls. Big maybe😇

Edited by Leena_rose

Buckhorn is always awesome! They do a great job with the RM oysters. I’ve tried Bear, Yak and a lot of first times with other foods.

My favorite is the game plate. Two Quail, Elk and a piece of Buffalo, oh so yummy! If a person has not been there go and go early to the bar upstairs. So much Colorado history in that building.

The Fort is good but over time it gets way to LOUD as the room fills up. Plus he Fort’s RM Oysters are kinda mushy. Buckhorns are stellar. 

Yum...balls are so good😋

Buckhorn was a great choice and Samantha can I come with you next year?

Always have wondered about the first person to eat Rocky Mtn Oysters. Sitting there looking at them, saying, "I wonder what these taste like."

3 hours ago, FunInHR99 said:

I used to live in MT. One of the wildest parties I've been to is the Testicle Festival. More about it here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/5gjd85/having-a-ball-or-two-at-the-montana-testicle-festival-99

Someone was telling me they have a festival like that here in Colorado.  I cant remember where though. I would love to go!

1 minute ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Someone was telling me they have a festival like that here in Colorado.  I cant remember where though. I would love to go!

I think every state has a festival like that, I know there is one here in Oklahoma every year.

They are usually around cattle raising cities or towns.

8 minutes ago, Sexy Francesca said:

Sorry I wouldn’t stop at the Fort before but I can’t eat dinner with you sucking balls all night! Lmao 😂 

I am with you on that. Wait you mean bull balls right?

Having been born and raised on a cattle ranch, I've missed good mountain oysters and have not found good ones in the urban corridor yet.  Thanks for the recommendations, I'll try them!! 

2 hours ago, Sexy Francesca said:

Sorry I wouldn’t stop at the Fort before but I can’t eat dinner with you sucking balls all night! Lmao 😂 

Excuse me, I prefer sucking balls during the daytime...maybe into the early evening.  I'm too old to be sucking balls all night long. I leave that to you youngins. 😉

4 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Excuse me, I prefer sucking balls during the daytime...maybe into the early evening.  I'm too old to be sucking balls all night long. I leave that to you youngins. 😉

Its daytime now 😊

You should try the Buckhorn Exchange, Hunter as they have many exotic items on the menu, it gives you a chance to expand your horizons in the culinary avenue and they also have great steaks.....Great place if your not a vegan....

5 minutes ago, Barbi said:

You should try the Buckhorn Exchange, Hunter as they have many exotic items on the menu, it gives you a chance to expand your horizons in the culinary avenue and they also have great steaks.....Great place if your not a vegan....

Hey sweetheart. That's where I had them. I fell in love with that place. I ate some oysters, rattlesnake, buffalo ribeye, Colorado lamb, and menudo. It was all delicious, and I'll definitely be going back to try some more stuff. 

10 hours ago, FunInHR99 said:

I used to live in MT. One of the wildest parties I've been to is the Testicle Festival. More about it here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/5gjd85/having-a-ball-or-two-at-the-montana-testicle-festival-99

I was looking to go to that this year.  But had other plans for my vacation time. 

I see that they canceled the festival this year, permanently.   The story I read said there had been to much violence (stabbings, fights) and even with shuttle service back to town, to much DWI.   Someone stole a PU truck and killed other motorist because they were going down the interstate the wrong way. 

Too much testosterone in their blood.  Oh, by the way, Hunter, someone did point out the side effects of too many Oysters, didn't they?  Frankly, I think you would look sexy with chest hair, but the balding part might give you pause.

Gentlemen, chow down....

I had Rocky Mountain Oysters once (at the Buckhorn Exchange). They were tasty and I didn't spit them out or anything, but they did taste like balls. Or, as in they had a faint, semen-y flavor to them. I'd eat them again, but if you know what you're eating, the fact that they are nuts doesn't escape you.