TheFinerThings

Greatest movie scenes / quotes

81 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Juskiddng said:

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!" -Princess Bride

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

On 10/5/2018 at 2:56 PM, TheFinerThings said:

So we have the Must See TV List.  How about some of your favorite movies scenes and quotes?

Here's a couple.

A Few Good Men: "you can't handle the truth...."

The Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living or get busy dying"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GwJbrMghQ

Need points thanks for pointing it out BB sorry to repeat! It is a great one! 👍

6 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Need points thanks for pointing it out BB sorry to repeat! It is a great one! 👍

Kali, it's worth repeating!  Great scene and great monologue by Nicholson.  👍👍

"You can’t handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it you? You Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have the luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago’s death while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that well, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide them! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!"

1 hour ago, TheFinerThings said:

Kali, it's worth repeating!  Great scene and great monologue by Nicholson.  👍👍

"You can’t handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it you? You Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have the luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago’s death while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that well, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide them! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!"

It has been many years since I saw it ! Thank you for the full quote!  TheFinerThings!

(now hopefully nobody has posted this one) “The Last Details”

https://www.quotes.net/movies/13562

https://www.bing.com/entityexplore?q=the+last+detail&filters=ufn%3a"the+last+detail"+sid%3a"cf04f26c-ad90-8d70-8580-c5bcd70e92f6"+catguid%3a"cd436cf4-ea96-3573-09f6-c4e0fbe773cb_645a7530"+segment%3a"generic.carousel"+secq%3a"Movies"+supwlcar%3a"0"+segtype%3a"TW92aWU%3d"+ctype%3a"0"+mltype%3a"2"+eltypedim1%3a"Movie"&eeptype=EntityFull&FORM=SNAPCR

Just better if someone else does the writing at times.

Thank you  again, The Finer Things. 😊

For me it’s the movie Snatch. 

When bricktop says, “You have problems more than one, plural.”

“Let’s blow this thing and go home” - Han Solo, Star Wars.*

*Originally overheard at George Lucas’ first threesome.

Music Video by Wolfsheim - Touch

The film is Federico Fellini's Casanova

1967 The Graduate. Dustin Hoffman. Ann Bancroft.

Ben: For Gods sake, Mrs Robinson. Here we are. You got me into your house. You give me a drink. You..put music on. Now, you start opening up your personal life to me and tell me your husband won't be home for hours.

Mrs. Robinson: So?

Ben: Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me

Mrs. Robinson: laughs, huh?

Ben: Aren't you?

We did not have MILFs or cougars in my day. We had Mrs. Robinson

3 pages +

No reference to the The Music Man. I'd be remiss if I didn't include this:

Edited by Vassago
fucking grammar.. it gets so old

John Wayne as Sergeant Stryker, "The Sands of Iwo Jima": Life is Tough, but it's tougher when your stupid.

I know this thread has been dormant for a while but I was piled on the couch with daughters and grandkids watching "Gone With the Wind" last night. Was reminded of dozens that deserve to be in this thread. 

Just a few:

Rhett says to Scarlett:  That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how.

And, then, of course at the end of the movie Rhettt says to Scarlett: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Rhett Butler: With enough courage you can go without a reputation.

On 10/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

John Wayne as Sergeant Stryker, "The Sands of Iwo Jima": Life is Tough, but it's tougher when your stupid.

Words to live by 

clint eastwood...unforgiven:  any man don't want to get killed better clear on out the back...

a few other good quotes in there too :D

Edited by Winston_Smith
better clip found

This is my favorite scene from my favorite musical.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Well it's not a movie but my favorite line reading of all time is Tracy Morgan (Tracy Jordan) talking to Tina Fey (Liz Lemon) about buying his old high school and closing it down for revenge.

Tina: "Damn it Tracy you can't just close down a whole school in an impoverished neighborhood! People depend on that for food and education and child care and life enrichment programs to help them get through their lives! And besides you can't take revenge on animals or inanimate objects; didn't you ever read Moby Dick?!"

Tracy: " I actually haven't read that Liz Lemon. I'm not really much of a reader I am more of a masterbater."

Or close enough to that.

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

This is my favorite scene from my favorite musical.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Showboat was a great movie.