Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turtle138

Question for the ladies and gents.

Politics   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe

• Dr.Ford
    • Judge Kavanaugh

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

I believe both of them.  I believe Dr. Ford for an accurate description of the events.  I believe Kavanaugh when he says he doesn't remember it happening, since he was drunk (apparently, as usual).

Sorry, I'm not a lady, but I like to comment.

I believe something happened to her and she believes, or has made herself believe, that it was Kavanaugh.

I also believe Kavanaugh when he says he didn't do it.

There are far too many holes in Dr. Ford's story.

I think Kavanaugh is a POS. He acts like he's entitled to the position. Reminds me of Hillary Clinton.

And as for the question the OP posed, what a dumb question to be asking.

We will find out soon that Kavanaugh paid multiple woman to have abortions too.  The hypocrisy right now is just unreal.  350 million people and this is the best we can do?  The correlation between what is happening now and Nazi Germany is getting downright scary.

I don't believe anything anyone involved in politics says. There is no media...there are propaganda departments. Power agenda's are the only concerns. It is irrelevant what the truth is on this subject. From this point on, any man, nominated by either party, will be accused of sexual impropriety in a he said she said which can't be proved in order to derail them. It is the generating of emotion over reason. I suggest focusing on getting laid, or whatever else makes you happy....thinking you have say so or impact on all that other jazz is an illusion.

I think Kavanaugh was an entitled, belligerent, drunk, frat boy as is evidenced by his entitled, belligerent, beer-loving supreme court nomination.

I think Ford is a wounded soul.

I have seen “recovered memories” tear families apart, with one person clinging to a reason for their troubles while those around them saying that didn’t happen.  Memories are tricky things.  Did something traumatic happen to Dr. Ford decades ago?  Probably.  But there are too many holes in her story, too many accounts disputing her memories (including her friends’), and too much time since that event to say in any definitive manner that Judge Kavanaugh was the culprit. 

As for the judge’s reaction, how would you or any reasonable person react to such allegations?  If your family were in the cross hairs?

How do we prove, one way or the other, that events happened as either of their accounts describe? Not possible! 

I heard about a meme last week. Photo of a bare chested woman with an infant in her arms, reaching for her breast.  Caption?  “Little does he know but he’s no longer eligible for public office.”

But what really sticks in my craw is the public circus, with delayed disclosure to the committee, with leaked private letters, and unrelated smears for everyone.  Reminds my of Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy.

51 minutes ago, lintlizard said:

I think Kavanaugh was an entitled, belligerent, drunk, frat boy as is evidenced by his entitled, belligerent, beer-loving supreme court nomination.

I think Ford is a wounded soul.

I agree.

John Oliver did a good summary of the hearing:

A group of entitled, belligerent, drunk, frat boys had lots of fun in highschool. From the yearbook and the calendar entries, I think there must be dozens of damaged girls out there.

One thing I wonder about, how many of us, men and women, actually kept a “social calendar “ when we were 18-23, and still have it 30 years later?

I’m hating politics from both sides and this circus is just another act that shows the deplorable situation that the state of our political system in.

Both sides need to grow up, quit acting like spoiled rotten kids who need their asses whipped, and remember they are their for us to help govern our society. Cooperation, compromise and respect is extinct in our legislators and must return in order for our society continue to be a society that represents everyone.

The SCOTUS has been operating one member short for 3 or 4 years now. That, combined with the fact that both parties are frantically obsessed with putting their own party member on it, leave us with only one intelligent conclusion. The SCOTUS is totally a bias based entity and nothing more than a political puppet tool. As such it is useless, should be disbanded and it's doors locked....which is probably what should happen to this thread also.

6 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I have seen “recovered memories” tear families apart, with one person clinging to a reason for their troubles while those around them saying that didn’t happen.  Memories are tricky things.  Did something traumatic happen to Dr. Ford decades ago?  Probably.  But there are too many holes in her story, too many accounts disputing her memories (including her friends’), and too much time since that event to say in any definitive manner that Judge Kavanaugh was the culprit. 

As for the judge’s reaction, how would you or any reasonable person react to such allegations?  If your family were in the cross hairs?

How do we prove, one way or the other, that events happened as either of their accounts describe? Not possible! 

I heard about a meme last week. Photo of a bare chested woman with an infant in her arms, reaching for her breast.  Caption?  “Little does he know but he’s no longer eligible for public office.”

But what really sticks in my craw is the public circus, with delayed disclosure to the committee, with leaked private letters, and unrelated smears for everyone.  Reminds my of Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy.

At last some real questions and thoughts!

Thanks for your input.